Pruitt optimistic that Solomon and Gibbs will be eligible 2019

Yea, 1st guy jokingly said if both can play we won’t lose until 2023. 2nd guy jokingly called him a NegaVol for assuming we wouldn’t go undefeated for 5 straight years. My joke was saying the first guy was partially correct and we will dominate for 4 years until the typical UT thing happens and we’re bad again following a new head coach hire.

I don’t see Bama going after Pruitt when Saban retires. They will try for Dabo but he will turn them down. Then I see them either going after Smart or a top NFL coach.

Smart burnt his bridges when he left bama. He’s an alum of Ga and has no intends of following Saban. Dream on but Pruitt is bama to the core. We better hope Saban hangs in until JP can turn this mess around

Smart burnt his bridges when he left bama. He’s an alum of Ga and has no intends of following Saban. Dream on but Pruitt is bama to the core. We better hope Saban hangs in until JP can turn this mess around

Oh I don’t think Pruitt will choose UT over Bama if they come calling. I don’t think Pruitt will be anywhere near as successful as Dabo or Smart have been. I see his success being more like McElwain’s. I don’t think Bama will offer Pruitt the job when Saban retires.

Reactions: Remy and onevol74
I don't know if Pruitt will leave, but we have at least a couple of people on staff that would be good replacements if that did ever happen (Martin and Ansley)

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Oh I don’t think Pruitt will choose UT over Bama if they come calling. I don’t think Pruitt will be anywhere near as successful as Dabo or Smart have been. I see his success being more like McElwain’s. I don’t think Bama will offer Pruitt the job when Saban retires.
Pruitt is one of the best coaches in college football... I know a lot of people want to wait for the evidence and if you don’t know much about operations of football or him then i would say... that would be a wise thing to do. Time will tell. Honestly, it will be the timing of Saban’s retirement... if it’s in 5 years then I would say it would be a toss up between Swinney and Pruitt... if it’s soon (which probably will be) then it’s gonna be Swinneys until he doesn’t want it... but don’t think Pruitt isn’t getting called.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I should clarify if you don’t know much about his operations in Knoxville and him as a coach... not saying knowledge about football.

And Fields did?
Who said he did? Certainly not me. It’s all bogus and not good for college football to let kids transfer willy nilly with no good reason. They’re gonna have to address this again at some point....just hope they done before letting Solomon and Gibbs play right away for Tennessee this year 😁

Who said he did? Certainly not me. It’s all bogus and not good for college football to let kids transfer willy nilly with no good reason. They’re gonna have to address this again at some point....just hope they done before letting Solomon and Gibbs play right away for Tennessee this year 😁

NCAA is doing anything and everything to prevent the players from suing for money. It’s free agency now and we might as well realize it.

If Saban doesn't hang around or Pruitt can't/doesn't/hasn't turned UT around, why would the bammers come calling?

Reactions: tnvols106
If Saban doesn't hang around or Pruitt can't/doesn't/hasn't turned UT around, why would the bammers come calling?

Many bamers, including Finebaum, has said if Saban left today, Alabama would contact Pruitt. He won everyone over while he was there, plus he’s one of them.

Pruitt is one of the best coaches in college football... I know a lot of people want to wait for the evidence and if you don’t know much about operations of football or him then i would say... that would be a wise thing to do. Time will tell. Honestly, it will be the timing of Saban’s retirement... if it’s in 5 years then I would say it would be a toss up between Swinney and Pruitt... if it’s soon (which probably will be) then it’s gonna be Swinneys until he doesn’t want it... but don’t think Pruitt isn’t getting called.

Pruitt may be a great coach or he may be a great coordinator when working with a lot of talent. There were a lot of red flags last year that have me leaning to him being a couple tiers below Saban and Dabo. If he can get us to at least 9 wins this year I’ll change my tune. If not then I see him gone after 4 years.

Reactions: vettefool
Pruitt may be a great coach or he may be a great coordinator when working with a lot of talent. There were a lot of red flags last year that have me leaning to him being a couple tiers below Saban and Dabo. If he can get us to at least 9 wins this year I’ll change my tune. If not then I see him gone after 4 years.
This post won’t age well.

NCAA is doing anything and everything to prevent the players from suing for money. It’s free agency now and we might as well realize it.

I agree with you. There is no way the NCAA with the amounts of money they rake in on college football wants some youngster on the witness stand from humble beginnings suing them for things such as use of his own likeness, etc etc etc, along with "you can't require me to show up on time and perform tasks and NOT call me an employee." Folks, that argument legally whether you agree with it or not has been determined. Just review cases where major corporations have been found liable to pay what they thought were independent contractors whose responsibilities between themselves and employees were blurred. A good country lawyer would have a field day with the NCAA out here in the hinterlands.

Unless Dabo goes to bama, they will never replicate what they have now. Not with Smart. Not with Pruitt. Bama has no legit interest in hiring either of them. Everyone in the world knows Dabo is their go to hire. Anyone else who gets the call knows they were the second call. You gonna leave to coach for Bama, knowing you are a second choice, and have to follow Saban's expectations? Negative ghost rider.

Its early yet for Pruitt but there were some issues that has me concerned. I dont think Dabo was a brilliant game manager starting out either (dont know that he is still) and I know Saban has made some mistakes in game management, some that have cost him and others he's fortunately survived. I think Fulmer will be running with a 2 year extension the first time Pruitt comes up with 7 wins......

Reactions: 08Vol
what red flags? He played aggressively because he was/is at a disadvantage talent wise. I understood every call.

I realize it. But as usual, the ncaa is getting it wrong. It’s gonna hurt college football as a whole. Kid wants to transfer, that’s fine. But there’s gotta be a penalty, and sitting out a year was a good one that wasn’t particularly punitive.....still got your education paid for while getting s year to acclimate and develop. Better go back to that imo.

Reactions: jhen713 and Behr
what red flags? He played aggressively because he was/is at a disadvantage talent wise. I understood every call.
Plenty of red flags imo. Here are a few.....

-school record 6 losses by 25+ points
-blow out losses to middling Missouri and lowly Vandie
-after 2 great efforts which led to upset wins vs Auburn and Ky, and with a bowl game/team goal on the line, couldn’t continue/build momentum to finish the year strong
-OL play was so disastrously bad, that it in and of itself and Wil Friend himself was a red flag

-after 2 great efforts which led to upset wins vs Auburn and Ky, and with a bowl game/team goal on the line, couldn’t continue/build momentum to finish the year strong
-OL play was so disastrously bad, that it in and of itself and Wil Friend himself was a red flag
how much of last year came as a surprise to you? really?

we knew the OL was bad.......and they were.
we knew that we might be capalbe of an upset or two......we did that.
we knew that we might be capable of losing a couple we might shouldn't.......we did that.
we knew most predicted win totals by most outside this fan base was in the 5-6 games categor...we did that too.

the results weren't good. but they werent' exactly a surprise either.. and if you are/were surprised, then that's probably a funciton of overestimating a lot...we're still very much in TBD status with this program and it's development under this staff....i mean, this "new" staff.....

If (and that’s a big if) Pruitt were to turn our program around in a couple of years and have us as a legit contender...it’d make sense for the athletic Dept to offer him a huge extension with the caveat that he’d have a massive buyout should he ever get a chance to leave for bama.

Many bamers, including Finebaum, has said if Saban left today, Alabama would contact Pruitt. He won everyone over while he was there, plus he’s one of them.
Saban gonna bank that seven million a year as long as he can walk we'll either be very good by then and wishing for Pruitt to leave so not really concerned about losing him to Bama in the immediate decade.

The red flags that immediately come to mind are:
A player walking off the field during the UF game.
A player asking to change position (from RB to LB) during the UGA game.
Word that players didn’t want to win the Vandy game and get stuck spending their winter break at a meaningless bowl.
An offensive line that regressed as the season went along.
Pruitt throwing his own players under the bus on national TV saying the only way to get better is to recruit better players (our talent differential should have let us blow out our cupcakes, not have negative rushing yards into the 2nd half)

This post won’t age well.

I will happily admit I was wrong if he succeeds here. But right now his path is very similar to Jones (look bad year one and blame it on a lack of talent. Bad 1st recruiting class followed by an on paper decent 2nd recruiting class)

I agree with some of these. The defense was particularly awful against Vandy and that can't simply be explained away by lack of talent. We got outcoached plain and simple.

That said, you can do the same thing with virtually every championship-winning coach of the past 25 years for their 1st season. 1st seasons are historically difficult in coaching transitions. Saban had the loss to Louisiana-Monroe. Kirby had the terrible loss to Ole Miss. Pete Carroll went 6-6. Spurrier was 7-5 his first season @ South Carolina with several blowout losses. It's a rarity to see a coach take over a bad situation and immediately turn it around in Year 1.

Even though I was very frustrated by the Vandy loss, I tend to disregard it a bit since it was Year 1.

As for Mizzou, I honestly never thought we were beating them. It was a terrible matchup for us. Kentucky had a 1-dimensional offense and we were able to beat them by clamping down on the run and daring them to pass on us. Mizzou's offense was much more balanced and we simply did not have the horses to compete unfortunately.

I also don't think anyone would've succeeded with the O-line situation last season. Pruitt and Friend inherited a mess there.

I remember the same rhetoric nine years ago with Dooley!

Reactions: CA_Vol

VN Store

Back