Refs cost Duke the game!

I’ll give you Fowler
Ha, think so?

As a kid I thought Corso didn't like us - he seemingly never would pick us on GameDay, even if we were favored or otherwise expected to win. Every once in a while he'd pick us, and if he was on campus with the mascot head pick it seemed like we lost every time.

The "ESPN hates us" stuff, when meant seriously, was always kind of funny to me because I think the single biggest CFB figure on the network, Herbstreit, actually has something of a soft spot for us.

Not just that, but more Tennessee fans paid attention to media coverage of CBB this year, which, as always, is filled with a lot of Duke conversation. When Tennessee was #1, or ranked higher than Duke, but ESPN just talked about Duke, the inferiority complex kicked in.

And I get it...during the 2007 season it felt like the media and ESPN were more enamored with freshman phenom Kevin Durant at Texas than giving proper coverage to what might be the last back to back CBB national champion in a very long time.

And I get it...during the 2007 season it felt like the media and ESPN were more enamored with freshman phenom Kevin Durant at Texas than giving proper coverage to what might be the last back to back CBB national champion in a very long time.
Yeah. ESPN is always enamored with players over teams. Easier to cover/talk about.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back