Manchester United vs. Barcelona

Go Spurs and Barca!

QUARTERFINAL DRAW

Ajax vs. Juventus
Liverpool vs. FC Porto
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City
Manchester United vs. Barcelona

Go Spurs and Barca!

Of course we draw City. And I was hoping we would make the semis this year.

Ajax is the only underdog with a prayer this round. Liverpool, City and Barca will almost certainly advance.

Ajax is the only underdog with a prayer this round. Liverpool, City and Barca will almost certainly advance.
I agree with everything you said. It’s rigged on two levels. All favorites avoid each other and specifically:

1. Messi and Ronaldo once again protected to reach semis by avoiding City and Liverpool.

2. They set it up so they could meet in final.

I agree with everything you said. It’s rigged on two levels. All favorites avoid each other and specifically:

1. Messi and Ronaldo once again protected to reach semis by avoiding City and Liverpool.

2. They set it up so they could meet in final.

It happens year after year. Money talks. And Tottenham just doesn't have the money to match teams like Barca and Liverpool. Outside of drawing City in the quarterfinals, didn't Liverpool have a cakewalk to the final last year? Drawing Roma in the semis is about as lucky as you can get.

I think UEFA would love a Juve-Barca final. They probably wouldn't mind a City-Liverpool final either. Both of those would certainly bring in a lot of money. And they've set it up to where they are both definitely possible. Ajax is playing well right now, however, Real is not the same team it was last season by any stretch of the imagination. For Barca or Juve, beating either Liverpool and City in the semis is a different animal though. Those two are the best sides in club football at the moment, in my opinion. Barca is a close third.

I'll be happy if we can just win our home leg and then hang on for dear life to our top 4 spot in the Premier League. Tottenham is a frustrating club to support sometimes. Bipolar as ****.

Reactions: Dogbone
It happens year after year. Money talks. And Tottenham just doesn't have the money to match teams like Barca and Liverpool. Outside of drawing City in the quarterfinals, didn't Liverpool have a cakewalk to the final last year? Drawing Roma in the semis is about as lucky as you can get.

I think UEFA would love a Juve-Barca final. They probably wouldn't mind a City-Liverpool final either. Both of those would certainly bring in a lot of money. And they've set it up to where they are both definitely possible. Ajax is playing well right now, however, Real is not the same team it was last season by any stretch of the imagination. For Barca or Juve, beating either Liverpool and City in the semis is a different animal though. Those two are the best sides in club football at the moment, in my opinion. Barca is a close third.

I'll be happy if we can just win our home leg and then hang on for dear life to our top 4 spot in the Premier League. Tottenham is a frustrating club to support sometimes. Bipolar as ****.
I’m a City fan but I’ve always enjoyed Spurs. Looks like Zidane wants to fleece you guys though. Ericksen seems like he’s gone.

I am not conceding to City. As bad as they have played in the EPL since Kane returned, I have to hold out hope for the Champions league. But if they were to play Barca, I would be torn, I have been a Barcelona fan for 25 years.

I’m a City fan but I’ve always enjoyed Spurs. Looks like Zidane wants to fleece you guys though. Ericksen seems like he’s gone.

Which is odd since they already have Rakitic which is about as close to an Eriksen clone as you can get. Midfield, specifically defensive midfield, is where we're weakest. Dier's been hurt, we lost Dembele to the Chinese League and Winks has been inconsistent all season. I think we put too much weight on Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Sanchez. Eriksen plays more up front but we'll still have Alli, Son, Lamela and Moura who can play that attacking and creating midfield role. Not as well as Eriksen, unfortunately. At least Poch seems safe for now since Real hired Zidane back and Ole looks to be a shoo-in for the United job.

I don't mind City. Of all the Big 6, they bother me the least. My brother is a Liverpool fan so I'm hoping you guys take the Premier League just so he can't rub it in at the end of the season.

I am not conceding to City. As bad as they have played in the EPL since Kane returned, I have to hold out hope for the Champions league. But if they were to play Barca, I would be torn, I have been a Barcelona fan for 25 years.

We have a shot, but not a good one. We'll need to keep a clean sheet at home and draw at worst. Tottenham constantly surprise me though. Demolish Dortmund 4-0 on aggregate yet we drop games to Burnley and Southampton (two teams fighting against relegation) in the meantime. You never know which Tottenham you're gonna get. However, I think we'll be less intimidated since it is a familiar team. If we would have drawn Barca, we almost certainly would have folded at the first sign of adversity.

I wouldn't mind seeing Barca win if we get bounced. I've always liked Messi. And I've always pulled for Barca in El Clasico.

When did they start combining the quarterfinals and semifinals in the same draw for the Champions and Europa League? I seem to remember they would have a separate draw for the semifinals.

The Premier league is back today :)
Arsenal doesn’t play until Monday :(

Chelsea was given a gift. I can't believe they didn't flag Azpilicueta for offsides on that header. I'll take it though

Chelsea gets the 3 points. Now I'm ready to watch Tottenham get boatraced by Liverpool

Spurs are opening their new stadium today against Crystal Palace.

Spurs are opening their new stadium today against Crystal Palace.

Looks pretty sweet. I had wanted to try and make it over there for a game this season, but I didn't want to chance the new White Hart Lane not being open. Next season I certainly plan to make it.

Looks pretty sweet. I had wanted to try and make it over there for a game this season, but I didn't want to chance the new White Hart Lane not being open. Next season I certainly plan to make it.
It does look amazing, I’m very impressed. That sounds like a great trip next season.

VN Store

Back