Refs cost Duke the game!

No someone took my original post and said they moved it to another forum. It was on the basketball forum. I couldn’t find it anywhere and posted it here. Why?

No someone took my original post and said they moved it to another forum. It was on the basketball forum. I couldn’t find it anywhere and posted it here. Why?

I thought I saw it posted from another thread in the NCAA f.

yep...the refs gave all the blue bloods the breaks that put em all into the final four.....oh wait.....

yeah, someone needs to do a “Hitler” on the reactions when the NCAA realizes they don’t have Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina or Kansas but have cow-college Auburn and Texas Tech In instead.

Reactions: Good2bavol
When Jones was crying at the end of the game, someone close by heard him say; "But we were supposed to win the National Championship. What will ESPN do now?!?!?!"

yeah, someone needs to do a “Hitler” on the reactions when the NCAA realizes they don’t have Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina or Kansas but have cow-college Auburn and Texas Tech In instead.

Can you imagine a TT vs Auburn NC? Bahahahahahaha...

Reactions: BristolVol
It's unbelievable to me that people don't love Zion coverage. How much are you watching ESPN if it's to the point that in a matter of 5 months, you are sick of the freakiest athlete we've ever seen?
A lot of it has to do with the fact he plays for Duke. I don't think it's necessarily personal.

I'm not a huge CBB fan, at least compared to CFB, but I became enthralled with Zion when he was still a junior in HS. A co-worker was watching a highlight video of him and I know none of those videos make the player look anything less than phenomenal, but I couldn't believe how well a 15-16 year old kid was moving with the basketball. When he eventually committed to Duke, my overriding thought was "Dammit, I wish he was going somewhere else" and I did find the coverage of him this year, especially when he was hurt and not even playing, to be kind of irritating.

He's a talent no doubt, he's also a goofy looking and goofy acting dude.

How overrated do Barrett and Reddish have to be that they couldn't win with Zion. Duke was extremely lucky just to get to elite 8. Then finally they get beat by a supposed lesser team. Duke wasn't as talented as they were hyped to be. Outside of Zion.

It's unbelievable to me that people don't love Zion coverage. How much are you watching ESPN if it's to the point that in a matter of 5 months, you are sick of the freakiest athlete we've ever seen?
got tired of the Tebow praise for the same reason.

he's good, but they way over blow it with the stars.

they'll spend 5 minutes dissecting him losing the ball in such a way they have you believing it was the most amazing play of the game and a positive for Zion to lose the ball.

dude was clearly the best in a while, I just hate how they act like his sh*t don't stink.

How overrated do Barrett and Reddish have to be that they couldn't win with Zion. Duke was extremely lucky just to get to elite 8. Then finally they get beat by a supposed lesser team. Duke wasn't as talented as they were hyped to be. Outside of Zion.

They couldn't hit 3's and that's exactly what you need around Zion. Imagine his stats if opponents aren't packing it into the paint?

Reactions: 05_never_again
A lot of it has to do with the fact he plays for Duke. I don't think it's necessarily personal.

I'm not a huge CBB fan, at least compared to CFB, but I became enthralled with Zion when he was still a junior in HS. A co-worker was watching a highlight video of him and I know none of those videos make the player look anything less than phenomenal, but I couldn't believe how well a 15-16 year old kid was moving with the basketball. When he eventually committed to Duke, my overriding thought was "Dammit, I wish he was going somewhere else" and I did find the coverage of him this year, especially when he was hurt and not even playing, to be kind of irritating.
He didn't play up to the circus (moreso around him) through the year. For that reason it should be hard for anyone to see it as personal dislike from his end. I don't. The Duke angle is there for sure. The media coverage was over the top and I think that coupled with where he attended school made it an easy target.

I watched a couple of shows (ESPN) last nite and today, 90% of the discussion in general and about that game was about Duke/Zion (some Barrett) and their "Carpet ride" of a season they took everyone across the country on. I don't like AU or Pearl for that matter but in a different conversation they were quick to point out that AU really should have lost to NMST in the first round and probably shouldn't have made it to the F4, but never mentioned the fact that Duke slipped by UCF with some aid and barely got by Tech just to get to the G8 before losing. During both discussions, very little was said about State or Izzo winning the game and moving on. For that reason its easy for me to be satisfied and happy that Duke is done.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Reddish absolutely is overrated. Dude was the second-ranked player nationally, ahead of Little, Bol, Zion, etc. I'm not sure Barrett is overrated, but he (and the entire Duke team) really needed Zion on the floor and were extremely dependent on him, much more so than I thought they would or should be.

I'm not sure Duke is even a consistent top 10 team this year without Zion. It seems fair to assume they likely would have lost at FSU, to Virginia, and at Louisville if they didn't have him. They might not have beaten Auburn early in the year without him either.

They couldn't hit 3's and that's exactly what you need around Zion. Imagine his stats if opponents aren't packing it into the paint?
Not much different IMO. When you have a dominate player inside 15 feet and adequate shooters outside the higher percentage big guy is still going to get the majority of the attention.

I watched a couple of shows (ESPN) last nite and today, 90% of the discussion in general and about that game was about Duke/Zion (some Barrett) and their "Carpet ride" of a season they took everyone across the country on. I don't like AU or Pearl for that matter but in a different conversation they were quick to point out that AU really should have lost to NMST in the first round and probably shouldn't have made it to the F4, but never mentioned the fact that Duke slipped by UCF with some aid and barely got by Tech just to get to the G8 before losing. During both discussions, very little was said about State or Izzo winning the game and moving on. For that reason its easy for me to be satisfied and happy that Duke is done.
This.

Izzo's end-of-game sequences worked out impeccably (got an open look on a 3 and nailed it, defended the next Duke possession, then got Winston streaking on an inbound to where Duke couldn't even foul him). Despite Izzo having an incredible reputation as a coach himself, I haven't heard much him or his team after the game. It's about how Duke lost. If Coach K had a sequence like that to beat Izzo, or some other coach, you know the narrative would be about how much more brilliant K is than anybody else in the game.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Reddish absolutely is overrated. Dude was the second-ranked player nationally, ahead of Little, Bol, Zion, etc. I'm not sure Barrett is overrated, but he (and the entire Duke team) really needed Zion on the floor and were extremely dependent on him, much more so than I thought they would or should be.

I'm not sure Duke is even a consistent top 10 team this year without Zion. It seems fair to assume they likely would have lost at FSU, to Virginia, and at Louisville if they didn't have him. They might not have beaten Auburn early in the year without him either.
Agree on both Reddish and Barrett. Zion was on a different level than Barrett and Barrett was on a different level than Reddish.

Barrett has flaws in his game but he had a very good year that got over shadowed by a better player.

Not much different IMO. When you have a dominate player inside 15 feet and adequate shooters outside the higher percentage big guy is still going to get the majority of the attention.

There is no way you could give Zion the level of attention that he got if he had good shooters around him. He will obviously get more attention than anyone, but teams were having success shading their entire zone towards him when he was at the sideline perimeter. It wasn't just in the paint. And anytime he drove the D could just collapse all around him with almost no consequence. It would have been so different, IMO.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back