Duke keeps squeaking it out.....and Kentucky

I had a similar conversation with a UCF co-worker on the no-call that would have been Tacko’s fourth foul early in the second half, and the Reddish foul that put Dawkins on the line for three shots.

He wasn’t hearing it, because in his own words, “Duke gets the calls when it matters”.

BOT said the exact same thing in another thread. As if refs who have missed obvious calls all game long are suddenly aware of what the right call should be in every situation, and make a conscious decision at the 2:00 mark to start helping Duke.

The shot clock violation that put UCF up by 4 with about a minute left happened “when it mattered” too, but y’know, that doesn’t count.

I’ve stated it a few times lately, but I’ll say it again:

Officiating is no different than 10, 15, 20, 30, etc years ago. Now you just have a 4K TV and seventeen camera angles.

Duke fans, people who aren’t jealous of Duke and people who hate Roy Williams.

All that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Michigan State wins going away, especially if Reddish is out.
I'm not 'jealous' of Duke. I'm just sick of the one-and-dones that Kreszheurdxky keeps recruiting. Same thing with UK.

Once the One & Done rule is gone, they’ll have their work cut out for them.

And not much should change. Did Coach K not win multiple titles before he had a lot of freshman? Did Cal not get to titles games with other teams? And how many schools have made very deep runs with experienced players? How many five star one and drones have bombed out at smaller schools with crappy coaches?

The narrative that coaches like K and Cal would take a step back without one and done is so ignorant. Yes, I think it ruins the feel of college basketball, but it's not like one and dones are some sort of overpowered cheat code that gifts you championships.

Because UT wouldn’t take any of the players or have not recruited the same exact players....
UT isn't an NBA farm team. I don't blame the kids. You play the odds, and the odds of getting to the final four with a Duke or UK is better than a UT or 99% of the rest of college basketball. I know some will throw the BS flag here, but I would rather have a team like we had than a bunch of mercenaries every year even if it does get us to the big dance more often. Have at it, but that's how I feel about UT.

And not much should change. Did Coach K not win multiple titles before he had a lot of freshman? Did Cal not get to titles games with other teams? And how many schools have made very deep runs with experienced players? How many five star one and drones have bombed out at smaller schools with crappy coaches?

The narrative that coaches like K and Cal would take a step back without one and done is so ignorant. Yes, I think it ruins the feel of college basketball, but it's not like one and dones are some sort of overpowered cheat code that gifts you championships.

They wouldn’t be getting as many of those players is what I’m trying to say.

I'll bet there are zero four year players there though. And I'll bet there are fewer than 3 that will be there for 3 years.

It's the nature of the game. You play well on a good team and it's hard to stay all four years. Even someone like Grant Williams could leave early. And he isn't even a good fit in the modern nba or have star potential.

The better question is how many players have come to UK and left after one or two years when everyone assumed they would be here for a while?

VN Store

Back