Is Jeff Walz a good investment?

Is he even an option? Does he want to leave ? I guess we will find out soon enough ...

He and Muffet don’t get along really so I wonder does that series get cancelled if he is the head coach ?

He just lost as a #1 seed to the weakest UCONN team in a while.

Is he worth a $1.4 million buyout and a $1.5 million+ annual salary?
I didnt understand the seeding UCONNs record was better than UL. I dont really follow much so im sure theres a reason.

I didnt understand the seeding UCONNs record was better than UL. I dont really follow much so im sure theres a reason.

The explanation from the committee was that UConns schedule was weak which put them on the 2 line (which in reality they are still playing close to home). Instead of sending them out west As the overall #2 seed just give up the one and put butts in the stands essentially

There are no guarantees. How did it work out for Texas when they hired the ‘sure thing’ Gail Goestenkors away from Duke a few years ago?

Well, the other option is to go cheap and try again in four years. That has seemed to work really well for Tennessee athletics in the past.

Head to head loss to Louisville in the regular season and Louisville plays in the top RPI conference. I believe UCONN being in the AAC finally bit them a little this year. In order for them to be a #1 seed playing in that conference they really have to win all of their out of conference games. Which they didn’t get done this year.

He just lost as a #1 seed to the weakest UCONN team in a while.

Is he worth a $1.4 million buyout and a $1.5 million+ annual salary?
The first thing that people need to realize is that weak for UConn is comparable to what normal is, for any other Top 10 team, any other year. Think about it this way, people are calling this an off year for them because they aren't winning by 40, aren't destroying ranked teams, and they lost 2 games before the NCAA tourney (both to Top 10 teams but still 2 losses for UConn is considered a lot). If you were talking about anyone else, that would be a damn good year.

Secondly, being a 1 or 2 in WCBB doesn't mean anything if you have talent. It's the lower seeds where it begins to matter.

Nick Saban and John Calipari had national championships under the belts...so far that’s been an elusive goal for Walz.

When Alabama football was down, they stepped up and paid Saban. When Kentucky basketball was down, they stepped up and paid Calipari.

If Fulmer is serious about women's basketball, time to put on your big boy pants and pay the man...

The first thing that people need to realize is that weak for UConn is comparable to what normal is, for any other Top 10 team, any other year. Think about it this way, people are calling this an off year for them because they aren't winning by 40, aren't destroying ranked teams, and they lost 2 games before the NCAA tourney (both to Top 10 teams but still 2 losses for UConn is considered a lot). If you were talking about anyone else, that would be a damn good year.

Secondly, being a 1 or 2 in WCBB doesn't mean anything if you have talent. It's the lower seeds where it begins to matter.

A good example is Kellie Harper and Mo St.

Reactions: feathersax
Head to head loss to Louisville in the regular season and Louisville plays in the top RPI conference. I believe UCONN being in the AAC finally bit them a little this year. In order for them to be a #1 seed playing in that conference they really have to win all of their out of conference games. Which they didn’t get done this year.

did it though? they're still going to the Final 4...

VN Store

Back