Louisville prepared to lose women's basketball coach Jeff Walz to Tennessee

Steve Spurrier's son was on his coaching staff when he was at South Carolina

Yes but the law in Tennessee is intended to specifically prohibit situations like this. In the case of the Insell’s you can hardly make a case that Matt was a good hire. His teams were absolute garbage at Ole Miss. Their new coach had them playing better with a cabbaged together roster. They at least played hard and looked like they were in shape. His players looked like he was feeding them donuts to get them to play defense.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The volleyball head has her husband on her staff but not sure how they get around the nepotism rule the state of Tenn has. Co head coaches work well for the weeklys and I am sure be arranged!

They aren't married yet. They won't be married til the summer. After then, we don't know what will happen to his status as an assistant.

They aren't married yet. They won't be married til the summer. After then, we don't know what will happen to his status as an assistant.

Isn’t he Scottish? They may not marry at all. Pretty common in European countries these days and it might be a Visa issue.

All the people singing the praises of Walz are probably not watching their game with UConn today. His team is playing for a spot in the final four and they look like our Lady Vols this year. They have no fire; taking terrible shots; standing flat-footed under basket watching UConn grab rebound after rebound; standing and watching 3pt shooters raining down 3s.

If a coach cannot get his/her team to buy into giving it everything for chance to go to final four, I am not excited about them coaching my team.

Watching Missouri State they really play just like UT but they were more defensively sound. When Stanford forced them to play in the half court and run offense they couldn’t score. Almost all of their scoring comes in transition or the secondary break. Completely unable to get a basket running offense.

Agree on tbe defense. I thought MoSt actually ran a much better offense than UT has done lately. They just had a hard time getting clean shots off over a much taller Stanford.

Kellie even said that they needed better spacing. But they did set picks & screens, moved instead of standing around, and took care of the ball fairly well considering. If we did those things with the talent we have, we'd be tough.

It's not surprising with athletes on an 11-seed, unranked team struggles offensively against a Top Ten 2-seed (even when keeping it close all game). What is surprising is when a team that was ranked in top ten in January loses to a horrible SEC team at home.
👎

All the people singing the praises of Walz are probably not watching their game with UConn today. His team is playing for a spot in the final four and they look like our Lady Vols this year. They have no fire; taking terrible shots; standing flat-footed under basket watching UConn grab rebound after rebound; standing and watching 3pt shooters raining down 3s.

If a coach cannot get his/her team to buy into giving it everything for chance to go to final four, I am not excited about them coaching my team.
Jeff Walz will be a homerun hire and world's better hire than Kellie or an assistant coach.

Maybe you don’t want Walz, which is fine, but don’t make up stuff. Holly’s team would be down by at least 30, if not more.

Maybe you don’t want Walz, which is fine, but don’t make up stuff. Holly’s team would be down by at least 30, if not more.

You apparently have such a closed mind you are not watching the game. Anyone can plainly see I didn't make up anything about their play today.

I would support Walz if he came to UT, but I do not believe he would be a good fit at UT. His attitude is not one I appreciate.

My opinion. You are free to have yours, but don't make stupid statements about me such as the one you just made.

Assessement if one game to judge coaching ability is generally a good idea.

You apparently have such a closed mind you are not watching the game. Anyone can plainly see I didn't make up anything about their play today.

I would support Walz if he came to UT, but I do not believe he would be a good fit at UT. His attitude is not one I appreciate.

My opinion. You are free to have yours, but don't make stupid statements about me such as the one you just made.

I’ve watched the game from the opening second. I guess we just see different things.

Reactions: butchna

I guess what I focused on was when you said they played like our Lady Vols of this year.

Reactions: butchna
Assessement if one game to judge coaching ability is generally a good idea.

As I clearly pointed out, it was a one game assessment. Effort in this situation is a little different than a regular season game, even if it should not be.

Getting up for critical games is up to players, but even more so for coaches to get the team ready; physically and mentally.

Our Lady Vols wouldn’t have been in this game at all. Louisville played tight all day and their star never got going, but it still game down to the final 10 seconds. Hell we had a lead with a couple minutes to go against UCLA and it almost ended up being a blowout.

Last edited:

Did you not see the likeness?

Not even a little bit. I just don’t see where you’re making that comparison at all? Louisville only had 5 turnovers against a very good defensive team. They got burned by the 3 today and they had a cold shooting night from beyond the arc. They didn’t look like a bad team though. The Lady Vols just looked plain awful at times.

VN Store

Back