Your Vols collection (memorabilia / cards / stuff)

There are a lot of fake autographs out there, especially with high dollar ones like dead presidents and celebrities, but it's not uncommon for autographs of the same person to look different as well. One example that comes to mind is Devonta Smith. Leaf produces a set for the high school all-star game and each player autographs quite a few cards, like at least 100. Devonta Smith apparently rushed his and it's just a D with a scribble after it. But I saw a photo of a Bama fan holding up a ball signed by Smith with Smith sitting in the background, and Smith's autograph was written quite well in cursive, a dying skill for people in his generation. It was a stark contrast from the other Devonta Smith autographs.

Most if not all of the Devonta Smith items on Ebay are actually real signatures. devonta smith autograph | eBay On high end stuff, I don't buy anything that hasn't been certified by PSA/DNA or Beckett and even they're wrong too sometimes.

I agree. I had Roger Clemens sign 4 cards right in front of me and every signature looks different.

I always wondered how my sister came up with such a good Bday gift for me. I kid.

Somebody somewhere has it. They know where they got it. They know it’s yours. Let it go Louie.

Anybody missing a helmet signed by Casey Clausen? One of the best gifts I ever got.

Reactions: peaygolf
Actually had a 1977 Kelsey Finch #36 tear-away jersey he threw me after the Oregon St game. My sister wore it for "jersey day" at her HS homecoming week while I was in college. She left it in the locker room when she went to cheer practice......and it was never seen again. :mad::mad:
I always wondered how my sister came up with such a good Bday gift for me. I kid.

Somebody somewhere has it. They know where they got it. They know it’s yours. Let it go Louie.

Anybody missing a helmet signed by Casey Clausen? One of the best gifts I ever got.

I sure goofed that up.

Actually had a 1977 Kelsey Finch #36 tear-away jersey he threw me after the Oregon St game. My sister wore it for "jersey day" at her HS homecoming week while I was in college. She left it in the locker room when she went to cheer practice......and it was never seen again. :mad::mad:

I got a Roland James tear away jersey from a player whose father was friends with my Dad. I still have it. 😬

It’s not “vol” memorabilia, but the best piece I own is a Leroy Neiman print with Nicklaus, Palmer, hogan, Snead, Trevino, and player. Signed in person by each (face to face) over a seven year period. I got two.....gave one to my dad.

It’s not “vol” memorabilia, but the best piece I own is a Leroy Neiman print with Nicklaus, Palmer, hogan, Snead, Trevino, and player. Signed in person by each (face to face) over a seven year period. I got two.....gave one to my dad.
That is stout.

Reactions: peaygolf
got a team signed ball
s-l1600.jpg

The jersey still has the UT tag on it. I've seen 3 for sale over the years. 2 of the 3 had the Cotton Bowl patch on them. I assume they were added by the school prior to being sold (but don't know why).
3DEC371C-BB95-4911-AE06-B2599BE1C0E5.jpeg

Last edited:
@DeerPark12 do you know why the Cotton Bowl Patches were added?

The team asked to wear the throwbacks for the bowl game, so they were prepared by adding the SEC and Bowl patches. Remember, they didn't have the SEC patch in the opener. The NCAA had approved the waiver (too much orange on a white jersey) for the opener because it honored an event. Bringing them back out for the bowl was not a reason to approve a waiver.

Tennessee would have forfeited a timeout in each half for the uniform violation and Fulmer was concerned that the game would be close enough that it would be a problem. So when the waiver was denied a couple of weeks before the game, they had to put bowl patches on the usual white jerseys and played in those. Players on the travel squad got the throwback jersey as a bowl gift. The full team only received the jersey worn in the game.

The team asked to wear the throwbacks for the bowl game, so they were prepared by adding the SEC and Bowl patches. Remember, they didn't have the SEC patch in the opener. The NCAA had approved the waiver (too much orange on a white jersey) for the opener because it honored an event. Bringing them back out for the bowl was not a reason to approve a waiver.

Tennessee would have forfeited a timeout in each half for the uniform violation and Fulmer was concerned that the game would be close enough that it would be a problem. So when the waiver was denied a couple of weeks before the game, they had to put bowl patches on the usual white jerseys and played in those. Players on the travel squad got the throwback jersey as a bowl gift. The full team only received the jersey worn in the game.
Cool. Thanks

VN Store

Back