NCAA Women’s Tournament Thread

I was about to post the same thing... What is it? Maybe 80 miles down I-40 East? That is an embarrassing showing from their fans.

And a reflection of their coach....Mississippi State was a total nobody and they now have some of the best fan support in the country and they travel really well. It’s not like NC State hasn’t had a great fan base in the past under Coach Yow.

I think Moore is a great Xs and Os basketball coach, but that’s about it. His halftime and post game interviews make me cringe just as much as Holly. He seems like a great guy and really fun to be around, but he’s a bit of an odd bird.

I
And a reflection of their coach....Mississippi State was a total nobody and they now have some of the best fan support in the country and they travel really well. It’s not like NC State hasn’t had a great fan base in the past under Coach Yow.

I think Moore is a great Xs and Os basketball coach, but that’s about it. His halftime and post game interviews make me cringe just as much as Holly. He seems like a great guy and really fun to be around, but he’s a bit of an odd bird.
I don't care if the next coach talks like Donald Duck during in game interviews as long as they win. Also the fans should support the team because of the success on the court.....the coach shouldn't have to beg fans to come to games on top of that.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Baylor sure is handling South Carolina so far, and if Kim’s bigs start hitting more of their second- and third-chance shots under the basket they very well could humiliate them.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Baylor sure is handlung South Carolina so far, and if Kim’s bigs start hitting more of their second- and third-chance shots uder the basket they very well could humiliate them.

Yeah, Baylor defense is too much for them so far. Just so hard to get a good look at the basket. Then just when you think you have one 6’5” or 6’7” sneaks in there and swats your shot. Conversely, I’m not sure a single one of the jumpers Baylor has hit has been contested. You have to help in on the bigs, but you can’t just let players shoot uncontested 7 footers while you stand there with your arms wrapped around the post player behind you.

Reactions: BUBear and lvocd
Cox with 4 points, 4 blocks, and 6 boards in the first quarter. Triple double watch? She came to play today.

Edit: could we see a quadruple double? Cox 9 boards, 5 assists, 4 blocks and 6 points in the first half. She has affected almost every play on both ends of the floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
I know Cox for sure. She was really close to coming to UT.

Baylor will have to be really off offensively to be beat. The have an awesome defense and depth to test players.

Should be quite a game if the end up playing Mississippi state in the semis

Reactions: stlvolsfan
So in other words ASU playing how MSU has for years. MSU stategy has always been to see how much fouling they can get away with, especially off the ball holding, grabbing, bumping, pushing, etc,,, If refs ever actually followed the freedom of movement rule, which they were suppose to emphasizing the last few years, MSU would foul out 3 or 4 players a game.
Every team, even yes Tennessee will test the limits with the refs to get a feel for how the refs call, and then adjust accordingly. However most don't undercut players or shove elbows in the back of players the way ASU does. They we're straight up playing thug ball, and then that ugly horse faced blonde says, 'Good job, Shaq' to McCowan after ASU got their a$$es kicked during the post game handshake. Keepinh it classy...about as classy as their hooker coach.

I know Cox for sure. She was really close to coming to UT.

Baylor will have to be really off offensively to be beat. The have an awesome defense and depth to test players.

Should be quite a game if the end up playing Mississippi state in the semis
MSST imo has no chance against Baylor, unless they can get Brown and Cox in foul trouble. And I think it's more likely that McCowan and Howard get in foul trouble first. The fact that Holmes/Danberry aren't outside shooters will doom them.

Baylor is basically MSU with 2 McCowans instead of 1...

Does anyone stand a chance against Baylor? With the exception of MSS I can’t see anyone else getting close. Geez they’re good!

Reactions: Amb3096
Does anyone stand a chance against Baylor? With the exception of MSS I can’t see anyone else getting close. Geez they’re good!

I do think MSST could trip them up. They will also get down and play some defense and they have the size in the middle to compete on the glass and defend Brown 1 on 1.

Aside from them though, I can’t see anyone else in the tournament that matches up. Not even close. This SC game looks a lot like their first meeting. SC just couldn’t match their intensity out of the gate and you are NOT going to be able to penetrate and score consistently against Baylor unless you like the taste of leather.

Would love to see MSST win. I think they would be more evenly matched if not for Lauren Cox. She affects the game so much on both sides of the court.

I think they’re MSST guards can neutralize Baylor’s.
That leaves it up to the big Girls! It would be some game. Doubt it would be a blow out.
Big T & Lashes 🙌

VN Store

Back