Duke keeps squeaking it out.....and Kentucky

Did anyone notice the no call on VT's last 3 point attempt with a few seconds remaining? The contact with the lower body was very similar to Turner's contact with Edwards on Thursday.

Duke is getting help from the refs. There is little to no doubt about that. I watched Skip and Shannon undisputed awhile back and they were discussing the Duke/UCF game. Specifically, the play that Zion made against Tako to foul him out. Shannon Sharpe said that was a charge against Zion. Then he said, but do you want to be the guy remembered for making the call against Zion that got Duke eliminated? That right there said it all. Because of one good player, Duke is being gifted its way to the title.

Reactions: Jabruzar
What he did yesteryear was great stuff. The key is yesteryear. To get a steady dose on every play by him or as someone else makes a shot gets a little old if you follow the game all the time.

I follow the game all the time, and I respectfully disagree with your take.

Just finished watching a washed up Tiger take down some guy named Rory McIlroy in match play.

Reactions: McCat
I think Auburn just might beat Kentucky. Pearl will have them motivated since they lost Okeke and are playing the Wildcats. Pearl is always good in situations like this (i.e. Kansas game at UT). However, I think Auburn will come out flat in the final four.
I think Auburn has no shot

Duke is getting help from the refs. There is little to no doubt about that. I watched Skip and Shannon undisputed awhile back and they were discussing the Duke/UCF game. Specifically, the play that Zion made against Tako to foul him out. Shannon Sharpe said that was a charge against Zion. Then he said, but do you want to be the guy remembered for making the call against Zion that got Duke eliminated? That right there said it all. Because of one good player, Duke is being gifted its way to the title.

When I look for very intelligent takes about college basketball I always wonder what Shannon Sharpe’s thoughts might be.
I hear them and or read them....

And then I apply the Constanza Rule

Reactions: volfanbill
When I look for very intelligent takes about college basketball I always wonder what Shannon Sharpe’s thoughts might be.
I hear them and or read them....

And then I apply the Constanza Rule
Fortunately for Shannon it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what’s going on with college basketball, particularly Zion and Duke.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Fortunately for Shannon it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what’s going on with college basketball, particularly Zion and Duke.

Believe your conspiracies all you want. I’m not going to try and get in the way of manufactured stories. You’re gonna feel the way you do.

The whole UCF referee blame game thing could easily be debunked in about 2 sentences.

Reactions: NashVol11
Believe your conspiracies all you want. I’m not going to try and get in the way of manufactured stories. You’re gonna feel the way you do.

The whole UCF referee blame game thing could easily be debunked in about 2 sentences.

Zion could have and should have been called for an offensive foul that fouled Tako out. He pretty much barreled into him. It was pretty easy to see. But yeah continue to believe that certain teams/players dont get special treatment.

If Gonzaga would have made it to the finals along with Kentucky, Tennessee would have had 3 wins against the finals teams.

I guess I'll root for the underdogs with Auburn and TTU. I just don't want Kentucky or Duke there again, again, again.

Zion could have and should have been called for an offensive foul that fouled Tako out. He pretty much barreled into him. It was pretty easy to see. But yeah continue to believe that certain teams/players dont get special treatment.

Not a foul, and if it were, Tacko would have fouled out with several minutes left. But tell me more about how we won because of “special treatment”

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
How is a guy shuffling his and not in position supposed to draw a charge call?

Tacko was in the cylinder on his fifth foul (ironic since a lot credit the ncaa using said cylinder because Duke used to stand there and draw charge) AND he left his feet

3 shots for UCF, which also put our best shooter in foul trouble and wrecked our offense. No Reddish and no Jack White means more Goldwire, allowing UCF to just not guard two of our players at all and simply pack the paint around Tacko (who, again, should have fouled out already). Part of the refs rigging the game for Duke, obviously

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Probably the two worst calls in the game both went against Duke, the shot clock violation at the end went against Duke, and Duke was called for more fouls than UCF was. And people are STILL saying that Duke won because of the refs.

It’s almost like people read way too much into minor foul calls when their team loses.

Probably the two worst calls in the game both went against Duke, the shot clock violation at the end went against Duke, and Duke was called for more fouls than UCF was. And people are STILL saying that Duke won because of the refs.

It’s almost like people read way too much into minor foul calls when their team loses.
People here just hate Duke and don’t understand basketball

I obviously wanted Tennessee to win, but I was fine with the called foul on Turner at the end. I hate the way it turned out, but I think Purdue won fair and square.

Most across the country will probably agree with me because it’s Purdue. If it were Duke instead, there would be stories everywhere about conspiracies. That’s part of the deal, though; blue bloods are either liked or hated.

3 shots for UCF, which also put our best shooter in foul trouble and wrecked our offense. No Reddish and no Jack White means more Goldwire, allowing UCF to just not guard two of our players at all and simply pack the paint around Tacko (who, again, should have fouled out already). Part of the refs rigging the game for Duke, obviously

It was almost exact same play when Turner blocked the 3 . It wasn’t a foul. However, if you put Reddish in orange and white definitely not a fouls. Put Turner in Duke colors it was definitely or of non consequence.

Not saying the officials have done a good job, but it’s been bad for everyone .

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Also, Zion weighs 280 points with moves of a 200 lb PG. If he’s moving, he’s “barreling”. Unless you set your feet or have established position like VT did Friday night, it’s not a charge. Even one of the charges called AGAINST Zion Friday night was questionable because the defender was clearly moving

Also, Zion weighs 280 points with moves of a 200 lb PG. If he’s moving, he’s “barreling”. Unless you set your feet or have established position like VT did Friday night, it’s not a charge. Even one of the charges called AGAINST Zion Friday night was questionable because the defender was clearly moving

I’m aware Zion is built like a tank but he also creates space by lowering his shoulder and sticking his arm out.

People here just hate Duke and don’t understand basketball

Ult

Not a foul, and if it were, Tacko would have fouled out with several minutes left. But tell me more about how we won because of “special treatment”

Not even the play I was talking about. Also, multiple broadcasters, plus some former NBA players also said Zion charged. But keep on thinking you know more than they do. Zion gets calls just like James Harden does. If you are either too blind or ignorant to accept that then keep on keeping on.

Ult

Not even the play I was talking about. Also, multiple broadcasters, plus some former NBA players also said Zion charged. But keep on thinking you know more than they do. Zion gets calls just like James Harden does. If you are either too blind or ignorant to accept that then keep on keeping on.

I’m aware that it’s a different play. And yes, “some former player says it’s a foul” is pretty meaningless. There are plenty of former refs that disagree with you, and plenty (as well as the broadcasters and probably every non-UCF fan watching) that said the pictured play should have been called a foul, in which case Tacko would have been out of the game long before the final minute.

NBA players commit obvious fouls and then look at refs like they’re aliens when said fouls get called. Why would they be the experts on the basketball (and especially college basketball) rule book? Lol

I’m aware that it’s a different play. And yes, “some former player says it’s a foul” is pretty meaningless. There are plenty of former refs that disagree with you, and plenty (as well as the broadcasters and probably every non-UCF fan watching) that said the pictured play should have been called a foul, in which case Tacko would have been out of the game long before the final minute.

I had a similar conversation with a UCF co-worker on the no-call that would have been Tacko’s fourth foul early in the second half, and the Reddish foul that put Dawkins on the line for three shots.

He wasn’t hearing it, because in his own words, “Duke gets the calls when it matters”.

VN Store

Back