Alcohol sales on Tennessee public campuses and sports venues (merged)

I'm willing to bet it isn't served as draft. I'm betting the 16 oz. aluminum bottles. I doubt much that "stadium vendors" will "get their hands" on it. The Reds serve beer poured from cans into plastic cups. I'm sure you think you are making a point but........not really.
My bad man. I got you.

Examples of Hyperbole

The more you know.

We've got some boring fans...that's all I can say. I had season tickets for 16 years and I go as far back as the late 80's when whiskey bottles were being busted on opposing helmets, and cups and toilet paper flew from the upper decks. Y'all sure have gotten a lot more civil about this football thing over the years. My dad took me back in the 70's and I survived and I took my son in the 2000's....he's doing just fine. I had one guy puke on a friend I swapped seats with for a game in 16 years...and the bathrooms and aisles were littered with liquor bottles every game. People drink at UT football games...it's not a question it's a statement.

Sit in the chairbacks then. I don't know how sugar and high carb meals got into this. If you are going to a ballgame to eat healthy yet espouse the virtues of drinking a half a gallon of beer I would challenge your choices.

You don’t want alcohol in the stadium, and I don’t want crappy food that kills people. Alcoholism is an epidemic but so is obesity. Few are trying to outlaw garbage food at Neyland though because it doesn’t make them feel morally superior. Who is right here?

Btw I never said it’s virtuous to drink a half gallon of beer though the medieval Christian monks typically had a daily ration of a half gallon to a gallon. Not bad work if you can get it.

That's the thing, I don't really have much of a different opinion on the "situation". I got involved in the conversation just because I said I think its a good move, but I can understand how some people have an issue with it, especially those with kids. And I do understand.

Me and my situation have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on any of this.

I just want to clarify that I wasn’t making light of your experience in any way. I respect your opinion despite whatever history we’ve had in past discussions.

This ruling will mean job security for the cops, more revenue for the University and more unruly drunks. Not to mention the fact
that a bottle of beer will be about $10 or $15 each.

You don’t want alcohol in the stadium, and I don’t want crappy food that kills people. Alcoholism is an epidemic but so is obesity. Few are trying to outlaw garbage food at Neyland though because it doesn’t make them feel morally superior.
Never thought about that, but you're right.

I just want to clarify that I wasn’t making light of your experience in any way. I respect your opinion despite whatever history we’ve had in past discussions.

No need to clarify, I didn't think you were and it wouldn't bother me if you did. I only told you about it to help explain my position on alcohol and sin. Forget I told you, I'm a big boy. I always enjoy our exchanges.

You don’t want alcohol in the stadium, and I don’t want crappy food that kills people. Alcoholism is an epidemic but so is obesity. Few are trying to outlaw garbage food at Neyland though because it doesn’t make them feel morally superior. Who is right here?

Who seems to be acting "morally superior" here, and who seems to be trying to "outlaw" alcohol in Neyland? I've seen someone say they wouldn't be taking their kids and someone say they didn't want to get thrown up on. The first mention of religion was someone accusing someone else of being a Baptist and then the old "Jesus turned the water into wine" bit.

I don't think you're right, I think its just your opinion. But, thats just my opinion. Look through the thread and see who's made the most noise.

I really don't understand how the comparison for alcohol/bad food fit in this discussion.

We've got some boring fans...that's all I can say. I had season tickets for 16 years and I go as far back as the late 80's when whiskey bottles were being busted on opposing helmets, and cups and toilet paper flew from the upper decks. Y'all sure have gotten a lot more civil about this football thing over the years. My dad took me back in the 70's and I survived and I took my son in the 2000's....he's doing just fine. I had one guy puke on a friend I swapped seats with for a game in 16 years...and the bathrooms and aisles were littered with liquor bottles every game. People drink at UT football games...it's not a question it's a statement.

Lol.

The first mention of religion was someone accusing someone else of being a Baptist and then the old "Jesus turned the water into wine" bit.

Calm your persecution complex Francis. It was not an accusation it was a question, and the poster's answer was an affirmative, and it was asked because the SBC is the largest protestant domination in the south, has a stated 'teetotaler' stance on alcohol (only starting in 1896 mind you), and an extensive government lobbying budget when it comes to trying get anti-alcohol-related laws passed or kept on the books.

Btw I never said it’s virtuous to drink a half gallon of beer though the medieval Christian monks typically had a daily ration of a half gallon to a gallon. Not bad work if you can get it.

It was actually Meade and usually made from Honey if you want to get technical.

Edit: Welp apparently it was “Small Beer,”

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Burton
Calm your persecution complex Francis. It was not an accusation it was a question, and the poster's answer was an affirmative, and it was asked because the SBC is the largest protestant domination in the south, has a stated 'teetotaler' stance on alcohol (only starting in 1896 mind you), and an extensive government lobbying budget when it comes to trying get anti-alcohol-related laws passed or kept on the books.

I'll calm nothing, whistle britches. Its funny how people around here can talk about banging somebody's wife or mom.. "But but muh beer".

Blah blah blah, it doesn't matter what you said, I know what you meant, you wouldn't have asked if you hadn't thought he was, and it really doesn't matter, you were the one that brought religion into because it burns your ass. Lol.

Beer will be sold at Football games at Neyland in a year or three, so you can flip the finger at all the teetotalers and feel superior. Isn't that what the teetotalers were *accused of, "Superiority"?

*called

Last edited:
Maybe if they start selling overpriced alcohol they could lower the ticket prices finally?

Hahah nice thought. It’s all about the $$$ and nobody will be decreasing the cost of tuition or tickets. It’s a more more more game. Just hope they save some beer money to keep this staff paid up for 3-5 years.

Non drunk azzholes aren’t fun either
So the guy sitting in the seats around you calling the usher on you because you are cussing at the top of your voice the entire game, standing and screaming constantly or just standing when nothing is going on, going to piss every 15 minutes, stepping on everyone on the way in and out and generally just being a drunk ass is actually the ass? Got it.

VN Store

Back