The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #3 Purdue NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, TBS

My Battered Vol Syndrome is very real. I'm not even sad. Just numb. It's like I knew it would happen. Basketball or football it's the same thing. We just cannot absolutely dominate anyone for a full game. We play to the level of our opponents every single time. Hope Grant and Bone come back.

Really proud of the guys tonight and all season. Tough loss, we needed to win in regulation as it seemed we ran out of steam and fouls at the end.

Regardless, thanks for a great season and some fun memories.

Reactions: LucidZ and I4Vols
Epic comeback attempt aside, this was a complete & total failure of a season by the Vols. No SEC regular season championship, no SEC Tournament championship, & now exiting in the Sweet 16. For the "best" team/season in program history that is sad.
Great moments, but yes, no rings. Still can’t figure how they disappeared for two halves these last two games. I mean complete check out.

This is not at you, but this is the main problem with the fan base. We are okay with this.
Eh, some of us just choose not to stay pissed off about the outcome for long, losing pisses me off but I’ve learned to get over it quick and have fun. Watching along the way.

How did the refs screw UT? At one point UT had taken 10 more FTs than Purdue. Did the refs make UT miss them all?

I thought there should've been 0.7 secs left at the end of reg. but that didn't cost UT the game. UT had a chance to go up 4 but AS missed another FT. UT had it in their grasp and let it skip away.

Reactions: dal9
Rick Barnes has rebuilt this program and I expect Tennessee to stay on top. Yes, they may take a step back and reload, but the rebuild is complete. Thankyou to this year's team for your hard work, dedication, and fight! This season wasn't a failure. You fell short, but you have a lot to be proud of!

VN Store

Back