Tennessee parts ways with Holly Warlick

That tweet is unnecessarily generous to Holly. We made the tournament this year by the skin of our teeth and quickly were shown the door. She didn't need to make a Final Four to keep her job, just not get to where we're at now.

Agree 100%. As usual, the sports media tries to make UT AD appear to have made a knee-jerk reaction. Hardly.

The truth is, whether die hard Lady Vols fans like it or not, the ONLY coach who could have lived up to Pat's legacy is Geno! And even then, as great of a coach as he is, it would still take him 2-3 years to get this trainwreck of a program even remotely back on the tracks. Thank you Holly for all of your...............contributions.....to the Lady Vols basketball program. Your incredible achievements, in the WRONG direction, will never be forgotten.

Reactions: djohnnyg
I will not miss her as our head coach, but I've grown accustomed to her face on the sidelines...for surely, that will be missed...I wish the best for HW...maybe she'll land a spot on a lower tier school with a less demanding front...NOW, let's get the RIGHT head coach in place and sing "RockyTop" at the "FINAL FOURS" again...LVFL 🤙🧡🏀

Yeah, "making the NCAA tournament" on the women's side is a ground floor expectation - it's not really an accomplishment. The program has completely fallen into a pit of irrelevance, and that cannot be acceptable at UT. I think Holly tried her best, but she's just obviously not cut out to be a head coach.

if true, right now, I'm more interested in who's staying and who's transferring...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

If they get us a high quality, experienced coach I think everyone stays. The players on this team, actually seem pretty tight with one another. Davis might be the outlier. The problem was between Holly and the players, not amongst the players themselves. I think it bodes well that none of them had announced a transfer already. Especially Westbrook, she and Holly clearly didn’t see eye to eye. I think she’ll stay if we get a respected and successful head coach from another program.

Last edited:
Reactions: cutiepie5
I didn't think that comment was overly harsh to Holly, but I agree that it is time be gracious, and move on. Holly apparently did a lo of things right. She just was not able to get it done on the court.
She's a good person and a VFL. We cannot forget that. However, she has had several top five recruiting classes during her tenure and we still couldn't get a whiff of the Final Four under her watch. Instead of improving under her, it always seems like that we would regress instead. This season was the worst ever for the Lady Vols and it wasn't going to get any better. She may have tried her best, but it wasn't good enough. I wish her well, but it's time to make a change.

We should appreciate what she brought to the Lady Vols as a player and assistant. Her not being up to the task of filling Pat's shoes does not take away from those other achievements.....

Hart and Currie put Fulmer in a tough spot since this should have been done 2 years ago.
That is a very accurate statement. A person can be a great player and a great assistant coach, but not have the ability to lead a program. There are not very many in the coaching profession period that could match Pat Summit in her prime.

respectfully, you are like the guy on Dec 8, 1941 that was running around asking everyone "what happened at Pearl Harbor ?" LOL ... sorry couldn't resist.
I saw tweets but nothing from espn at the time I asked. If I was in the room when the Fulmer told holly I doubt I would have had to ask what was going on.

Tennessee better be willing to write a large check to get a great coach in here the 1st time, if they go on the cheap, you will see the decline of the Lady Vols program mimic that of the Football Vols......

I'm shocked. Really expected the same old recycled excuses to keep her we have been hearing for the last two or three years. Maybe they do give half a damn about the Lady Vols.

Reactions: djohnnyg
Agree 100%. As usual, the sports media tries to make UT AD appear to have made a knee-jerk reaction. Hardly.
Nobody thinks its a knee jerk reaction. Holly accomplishment would probably be considered pretty solid at most schools, but because of Pat at Tennessee, they are awful.

VN Store

Back