'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Can someone translate this? Peer recruitment or a jab at how they are handling recruitment process?
Definitely peer recruiting. HB originally asked those 7 different recruits if they are going to join him and play together for the Vols. Then Cooper sent Tate R a orange and thinking emoji as in " you should really think about all us balling out and kicking Georgia's Ass." Hope that helped.

Orange for tennessee, thinking emoji for thinking about it. Not trying to be smart, but emojis are just simple pictures. There's no secret code or anything.
I was good with the orange and the thinkinking face but the "Quit Playing" line kinda struck me as a shite or get off the pot ultimatum.....Probably reading too much into it I guess...

I was good with the orange and the thinkinking face but the "Quit Playing" line kinda struck me as a shite or get off the pot ultimatum.....Probably reading too much into it I guess...
The way I normally look at it is kids are generally pretty insecure. They are not going to be putting anything out there on there public twitters that embarrass or put people on the spot. The tweet is more to show off "oh it's cool we could both be playing at tennessee" to all their followers. If he wanted to have a more serious convo to peer recruit he would have followed that tweet up with a direct message to discuss details which he could have.

I hope this is the ONLY smaller player we recruit this year. Sure dont want to go back to the butch years of recruiting.

I just saw a video on Twitter of Cooper throwing up 405 on bench press. He’s 6’3 285 now and he’s supposedly more athletic than his brother Cade. He’s been offered by Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Auburn and others..

Last edited:
I just saw a video on Twitter of Cooper wearing khakis...throwing up 405 on bench press. He’s 6’3 285 now and he’s more athletic than his brother Cade. He’s been offered by Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Auburn and others..

Coulda just updated us on the scholly's. Good for Cade. Glad to see a local kid get National attention.

I just saw a video on Twitter of Cooper throwing up 405 on bench press. He’s 6’3 285 now and he’s supposedly more athletic than his brother Cade. He’s been offered by Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Auburn and others..
Yeah I have done came around on that thought. He dedicated hisself and its showing. We need a true Center and I believe he would be perfect for that.

IMO don’t see Clemson offering, of their 9 commits 5 are OL.
Yeah, I think I read somewhere they were done there. There was a kid they were supposedly leading for last week that went to Bama and it was because they didn’t have room for him.

Reactions: GableVol

VN Store

Back