Craziest place you’ve heard a “Go Vols”?

This is the 180 of hearing a Go Vols. I told a guy who had on a Vol hat and T shirt "Go Big Orange" while Tennessee was playing Kentucky on the TV's in Sam's Club recently and he looked at me like I cursed him. So I go over ask him what did he think I said because it appeared he didn't understand or was offended. Turns out the guy is a Nebraska fan, but his daughter's husband, who is a Vol, gave him the gear and he knew nothing about Tennessee. Then he started watching the game with me and yelling "Go Big Orange" every time we scored.

Nov 14, 1998, technically the 15th. Was near Pilanesburg National Park in a low end motel in the South Africa outback after a evening safari and dinner cookout of zebra steak, other local cuisine including a pot of stewed grubs. No internet but a cheap calling card listening thru the hotel room phone while my sister had her phone next to her Knoxville TV speaker. Seven hour time diff and I was screaming loud at night when "The Miracle Fumble" and then "The Touchdown" happened. She yelled "Go Vols" over the phone...

After senior year in HS, a cop noticed my truck at end of dirt road off highway 31 just outside of Montgomery, AL. Me and hs gf were in the truck on way back from beach and he noticed us. I got a Go Vols....

I once said it to a dude in the men's room. but he just stared back at me kinda with a shocked expression and didn't utter a word. just left the bathroom. didn't even wash his hands. weird.
I once got a GO VOLS while doing a #2 from the next stall. I had on my Nike Tennessee shoes. Was that you too?

After senior year in HS, a cop noticed my truck at end of dirt road off highway 31 just outside of Montgomery, AL. Me and hs gf were in the truck on way back from beach and he noticed us. I got a Go Vols....

Originally read "hs" as "his". Must say I liked the story better that way.

gave everybody a like...couldn't help myself, this was so cool, thanks OP for starting this...good stuff...and,

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Reactions: rgvol and tbh

VN Store

Back