Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, UT fans set expectations too low. Many fans are happy with so much less than UT teams can achieve. The whole culture of UT has changed dramatically since the 90s. UT fans used to expect to win-- the entire sports world expected UT to win. And in the past two decades, it has become the opposite. UT fans think a great season is overachieving and a mediocre season is achieving the norm.
While I completely agree with this...20 years, man. The VAST majority of 20 years. That's an entire generation that has only known hardship and mediocrity.

It's going to take time and a lot of winning at high levels to get back to late 90's, early 2000's level of respect and expectations from not just the national media but our own fanbase.

We older fans remember how it was and expect to get back there, like NOW...but it's going to take a lot of time and hard work.

We can, should and, hopefully, will make it.

I'm just enjoying this ride. People just need to realize that this TEAM and their gamesmanship, competitiveness, and humility is rare...and I'm going to miss the hell out of them when they're gone, regardless of the outcome...

But...LET'S GET THAT NATTY!!

He pissed off too many powerful people.

Or he may just have been undone by his own reputation. Nike may have felt that paying him off would not necessarily have been the last of it. If he's holding info he can keep coming back to the well, and is just the type to do it. So let the feds catch him in his game, have a separate bad guy to mitigate the PR blow a bit and minimize the financial damage.

I said “if that’s not the same thing”. Leaving it open for individual opinion...don’t get triggered! 😉

Anyone leaving the door open for Kaep to be considered "scum" just because he knelt in protest is bringing unwarranted validation to a very dumb and small-minded opinion, though.

And the triggered party during that fall-out were the "patriots" that were so "offended" that they "boycotted" the NFL. I put those words in quotes because all three are lies.

Anyone leaving the door open for Kaep to be considered "scum" just because he knelt in protest is bringing unwarranted validation to a very dumb and small-minded opinion, though.

And the triggered party during that fall-out were the "patriots" that were so "offended" that they "boycotted" the NFL. I put those words in quotes because all three are lies.
He knelt so that I could post this. Don’t dishonor him.

I'm not into the calling any athlete or player scum or anything else. However, I do take offense to a player who makes a conscious effort to wears socks with law enforcement officers pictured as pigs. His excuse for doing it was lame. You don't stereotype an entire segment of the population who support "pigs" if you expect us to support your career. Not making excuses for anybody else's reasoning, just my own for not caring two cents about what Kaep says or does in his pursuit of social justice.

Colin Kaepernick says the pigs on his socks were only meant to represent 'rogue cops'

I'm not into the calling any athlete or player scum or anything else. However, I do take offense to a player who makes a conscious effort to wears socks with law enforcement officers pictured as pigs. His excuse for doing it was lame. You don't stereotype an entire segment of the population who support "pigs" if you expect us to support your career. Not making excuses for anybody else's reasoning, just my own for not caring two cents about what Kaep says or does in his pursuit of social justice.

Colin Kaepernick says the pigs on his socks were only meant to represent 'rogue cops'

He did a lot of acting/speaking before thinking.

The socks are a good example of what not to do if you're trying to have an earnest societal discussion.

The first post-game interview after kneeling was also a moment where he did more stuttering and sputtering than articulating exactly what he meant by his actions.

That shouldn't disqualify everything he's said, done, built, or donated to though. Which sadly, for some, it has.

Could you imagine how upset the meida would be if half the FF was the Sec or even if 3 teams made it.

Don't think they'd be mad at all. They were touting 4 SS teams yesterday. Nobody cares about sec bball. Outside of UK, we are actually the underdog conference and quite a few outsiders pull for us.

We’ve kind of been forced to. I, personally, just try to just set realistic expectations. I really only care about the big 3 sports: football, basketball and baseball, in that order. Precipitous decline in caring between each. Football will probably win 7-8 games. That’s not a good season for football, but it’s meeting expectations. We need another great recruiting class or two to win at the level Vol fans expect. Basketball is elite and it was second weekend or bust this year for me. We’ve accomplished that. So I at least won’t look at this season as a bust, but going to the elite 8 really validates this team to me. I expect us to continue to be a tournament team for awhile under CRB and to eventually reach a Final 4. It could happen this year. Baseball has sucked for a long time, but could finish in the middle of the SEC this year. It’s all about showing progress, for me.

Is ut baseball actually bigger than wbb? I've always had football, mbb, wbb as the big 3 sports, far and away. Never seen a ut baseball shirt being worn, but plenty plenty of lady vols gear.

Reactions: Bret178 and UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back