NCAA Women’s Tournament Thread

Wow full house at Oregon, good for them. The "crowds" so far in the tourney have mostly been embarrassingly tiny. Have not seen Ionuscu play yet, interested to see her.

She finished with a triple double.
29 points
10 rebs
12 assists

Too bad Arkansas didn't get in the dance, they smokin' hot right now. Took UAB to the wood shed 100-52.
True! The NCAA wants us to believe that fairness and Integrity are important but trust me its about the $$$ and taking care of the BRAND names! Case in point us getting in and the end of the Duke mens game yesterday!

Reactions: Smallvol#1
NC States post players are playing well against Kentucky. Demanding the ball and on the boards. NC State down to 8 players and when they get all of the injured players back they will be loaded next year.

NC State impressive win over Kentucky. Maryland goes down at home to unclaimed. Can UCLA win against Uconn?

UCLA pulls off the upset on the road vs. Maryland 85-80. Onyenware with 30 points. She is an amazing player, especially given her size.

The matchup with UConn is interesting. If UCLA can stay out of foul trouble, their starting 5 can play with UConn. If Dean and Corsaro can hit the outside shot, I like UCLA's chances. Onyenware has the kind of game that can get Collier in foul trouble.

NC State impressive win over Kentucky. Maryland goes down at home to unclaimed. Can UCLA win against Uconn?
Wes Moore survives and advances! Bad enough to lose at home in the tourney but to unclaimed? Scratch Brenda Freise from the prospective coach list! And no, sadly, UCLA cannot win against UConn.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The Anigwe-Brown matchup will be interesting. Brown is really huge. Not just tall, but a big wide body.

UCLA pulls off the upset on the road vs. Maryland 85-80. Onyenware with 30 points. She is an amazing player, especially given her size.

The matchup with UConn is interesting. If UCLA can stay out of foul trouble, their starting 5 can play with UConn. If Dean and Corsaro can hit the outside shot, I like UCLA's chances. Onyenware has the kind of game that can get Collier in foul trouble.
If you can get 27 offensive rebounds you are gonna win a lot of games

Wes Moore survives and advances! Bad enough to lose at home in the tourney but to unclaimed? Scratch Brenda Freise from the prospective coach list! And no, sadly, UCLA cannot win against UConn.

Losing to UCLA isn't the worst of losses. They are a pretty good team.

Reactions: glv98 and djtee
Lordy mercy Kim Mulkey got her blouse from the Sylvia Hatchell Collection! A monstrosity! Ole Kim must be getting soft in her old age, several of her players are sporting the dreaded short shorts of disrespect and laziness!

Reactions: Creekdog
Lordy mercy Kim Mulkey got her blouse from the Sylvia Hatchell Collection! A monstrosity! Ole Kim must be getting soft in her old age, several of her players are sporting the dreaded short shorts of disrespect and laziness!
I noticed that also. And I see a couple of Baylor ladies with eyelash extensions, a sure sign of disrespect, no discipline. No way a player can play with focus on the game when they are concerned with their looks. Oh, wait, Baylor is 32/1, number 1 overall seed and beat UConn this year. My bad.

MoSt up by 3 at tbe half.

Fouls and Carlton are killing them. Without Carlton (16 pts.), State would be up by 12 or more (they had a 7-point lead for a good bit of the 2nd quarter).

Last edited:
Mo State leading 33-30 in a very entertaining game at halftime. And ya'll better step off criticizing Kellie Harper for some ancient NC State failing and mid major dwelling! She has exactly the smart, sharp, hustling, focused team we have dreamed of! Landers currently complimenting her for excellent preparation and especially for offensive movement! Remember entertaining games full of offensive movement?

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
If you don’t watch the 2nd half of #11 Missouri St vs #3 Iowa St, you missed a gem. The sense of pride I get from watching the leadership of Coach Harper is unmatched. I’m so proud and amazed.

She was the type of point guard who we all thought would be a great coach, and she is.

Missouri St leads 33-30 at halftime. Hoping they can pull it off.

Reactions: glv98
Carleton is really, really good. Very deserving of B12 POY, even with Kalani Brown in the picture.

Good game and full house for Oregon St and Gonzaga going on also. Close at halftime.

Really impressed with Missouri State’s ball movement. They may not win, but looks good.
LOL no kidding, especially to those of us left starving in Holly's offensive desert. Where the only ball movement we get is as the ball sails out of bounds on a bad pass.

VN Store

Back