Do we go outside of the family?

Yes the Tennessee women's basketball program has to go outside of the family when Phil Fulmer looks for another women's basketball head coach. Staying in the family gets you into trouble just look at the Alabama football program from 1997-2006.

Yes the Tennessee women's basketball program has to go outside of the family when Phil Fulmer looks for another women's basketball head coach. Staying in the family gets you into trouble just look at the Alabama football program from 1997-2006.
What about the UK coach?

Has anyone thought about Kelly Harper? She has led three different programs to the NCAA tournament and is still in the tournament with a huge win over Depaul, which is more than can be said about Tennessee. It was done with one senior, one junior, and the rest freshman and sophomores. She was also named MVC coach of the year this year if I am not mistaken. She is WINNING and I don't know if she has one McDonald All American on her team, unlike Holly! Also being a part of that 3 consecutive national title team, she is well aware of what kind of work it takes to get there. I actually think she is far enough removed from the current "Pat crew" that is still at UT that it would not effect her. However, I could be wrong about that, but I hope not! Don't get me wrong I LOVED Coach Summitt, but even she would not tolerate where the program is today. Not for a second! I will be watching and pulling for Missouri State.......GO BEARS

I would like to see an African American women or men get an interview for the coaching job if decision is made to fire Holly. I think there are a lot of good candidates out there that are coaching or assistant coaches qualify to be a head coach.

I would like to see an African American women or men get an interview for the coaching job if decision is made to fire Holly. I think there are a lot of good candidates out there that are coaching or assistant coaches qualify to be a head coach.

I’d like for us to get the best available candidate regardless of race or religion.

Has anyone thought about Kelly Harper? She has led three different programs to the NCAA tournament and is still in the tournament with a huge win over Depaul, which is more than can be said about Tennessee. It was done with one senior, one junior, and the rest freshman and sophomores. She was also named MVC coach of the year this year if I am not mistaken. She is WINNING and I don't know if she has one McDonald All American on her team, unlike Holly! Also being a part of that 3 consecutive national title team, she is well aware of what kind of work it takes to get there. I actually think she is far enough removed from the current "Pat crew" that is still at UT that it would not effect her. However, I could be wrong about that, but I hope not! Don't get me wrong I LOVED Coach Summitt, but even she would not tolerate where the program is today. Not for a second! I will be watching and pulling for Missouri State.......GO BEARS

Missouri State does not have one 5 star, most are no stars, or at best maybe a couple of two stars. This was suppose to be a rebuilding year, however, the Lady Bears had a difficult pre season schedule and took it on the chin against better D1programs. It took Missouri overtime to beat the Lady Bears, they were 3 and 1 against a ranked Drake team and Gonzaga only beat them by three points. Coach Jolly-Harper has done an outstanding job developing young under the radar talent. These ladies play like a bunch of junkyard dogs, not something you see recently with our Lady Vols.

True or False?

Kim Mulkey is a Baylor grad.
Geno Auriemma graduated from the University of Connectict.
Muffet McGraw is a Notre Dame alum.
Tara Van DerVeer graduated from Stanford.
Kelly Graves went to college at Oregon.
Dawn Staley graduated from the University of South Carolina.

Are you beginning to see a pattern?

True or False?

Staley - UVA
McGraw - St Joe’s
Geno - West Chester
Mulkey - La Tech

Last edited:
True or False?

Geno graduated from West Chester University in Pennsylvania

Kim Mulkey graduated from LA Tech

Muffet McGraw graduated from Saint Joseph's

Tara VanDerveer graduated from Indiana

Kelly Graves graduated from New Mexico

Dawn Staley graduated from Virginia.

True or False?

Blue font???

Until someone from the “family” can show us they’ve adapted to the offensive realities of the game today and moved past the defense/rebounding 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priorities mentality of the 90s they shouldn’t even get an interview.

I’d like for us to get the best available candidate regardless of race or religion.

So why not include in the process ? And there are a lot of African American available candidates on that so call list of best available candidates.

So why not include in the process ? And there are a lot of African American available candidates on that so call list of best available candidates.

I never said we shouldn’t. However I also don’t believe in interviewing just to save face. Find the best basketball coach you can hire and pay him or her.

VN Store

Back