jhezr4m6rwevv85xcjcr

6'7" 310lbs
Carthage, TX
(Carthage)

Ty'kieast Crawford, Carthage, Offensive Tackle
Ty'Kieast Crawford, 2020 Offensive tackle - Rivals

Vols offered per VQ

Last edited:
Ty'kieast Crawford only has started to explore his growing list of college choices since decommitting from Baylor less than a month ago, but he’s now making plans to visit several schools. He expects Tennessee to be one of his future stops. The four-star Class of 2020 offensive tackle from Carthage (Texas) High School said the Vols are one of the teams that have been in contact with him since he reopened his recruitment in late February, and he’s planning to visit them sometime in the coming months.

“I’m going to come up there and see,” said Crawford, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 69 overall prospect and No. 8 offensive tackle in the 2020 class. “That’s, like, one of my dream places to live at, so I’m going to try to come up there and see about it.” Asked why he would be interested in living in there, he said, “I mean, because it’s Knoxville, Tennessee. That’s country music.” Crawford said he likes country music, adding that Luke Combs is his favorite artist.

He said he only has been to the state of Tennessee once — “for, like, a church-camp thing” in Jackson, Tenn. — but he likes what he has heard from the Vols, led by Joe Osovet, Tennessee’s director of programming for football. “He’s been telling me it’s a great campus and all, and I need to hurry up and come on up there,” Crawford said, recalling his recent conversations with Osovet. “He said that’s the place where I need to be. He said that’s where legends are made. He told me they need a guy to come in and play the position where I was at — right tackle, the one I’m playing now.”

Crawford said he also has been in contact with Vols offensive line coach Will Friend, who “usually sends me stuff, like, on Twitter and stuff like that.” Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, USC, Texas Tech and Colorado all extended offers to Crawford within three days of his decommitment from Baylor. He’s already planning to visit at least a few of those schools in the near future, starting with a trip to Alabama on April 4-6.

-Callahan

VN Store

Back