Rush Propst fired

About Rush, the fact that he was terminated after an investigation into personnel issues (plural), and that student safety was mentioned, it could be any of a range of things. That could cover anything from being rough with players during games and practices, ignoring concussion symptoms or heat issues, inappropriate communications or relationships with students, just about anything.

I find it very revealing about our priorities that so many people would advocate against his dismissal when they don't know what he's being investigated about...Chasing wins can lead us to do some ridiculous things. Imagine if he did mistreat a student, or have sex with a student, something like that, and the victim is watching everyone in the community shouting we don't care what he did, he wins games....

Regardless, the guy can coach and has proven himself. He was picked up by that school to coach after all his trouble in Alabama, after all. Someone will pick him up again!

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
That’s what I’ve been hearing. That he gave his coaches PEDs to give to the players. If it’s true it’s unfortunate, but not suprising. Colquitt County has had some really good teams with really good players since he got there. That program is a big deal in that community. That said, they knew what they were getting when they got him. He’s all about winning. I thought he was done for when he head butted one of his players in the state semi-final.

Reactions: tbh and 4chrissy
The Moultrie Oserver just posted a story. Apparently, they cited five violations of the Georgia Code of Ethics for Educators. Incidents they cited were:
1) He gave pills, doesn’t say PEDs (dang rumors) to players
2) Owing almost $450,000 in back taxes
3) Interfering with the hiring of a new principle
4)Insubordination
5) Attempting to pay for a hotel room with school funds
6) Interfering with other sports
7) Problems with the 2018 team including conduct following the state championship game

The case has been closed by the county BOE and now it’s going up to the Professional Standards Commission. This paired with previous stuff is NOT a good look.

Reactions: tbh and 4chrissy
It has been rumored he was giving kids pills. Who exactly knows

I'm in Lee County GA, just north of there. Word is that he provided pain killers and steroids. Plus there was also talk of mis-appropriation of funds........spending large amounts of money without approval-or even asking. Also credible sources saying some "star" players were paid.

Reactions: 4chrissy
Scumbag. I hope Pruitt isn't stupid enough to let him in the door. Friend or not, I think that would be a big mistake.

Word is that he is done..retirement time. That's if the stuff about the painkillers and steroids doesn't end up putting him in jail. Seriously. Wait until one of his kids says they are addicted to painkillers and that he got them under Probst's watch. Lawsuit anyone?

Giving pain meds to players, tax evasion (300k to federal and 143k to state), unreported earnings (cash from boosters), insubordination, charging unauthorized hotel stays to the school, tampering with hiring process, just a few charges that was given for reason of dismissal.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
I'm in Lee County GA, just north of there. Word is that he provided pain killers and steroids. Plus there was also talk of mis-appropriation of funds........spending large amounts of money without approval-or even asking. Also credible sources saying some "star" players were paid.

Sounds like “Varsity Blues” behavior. This is what happens when the demands of society put wins above all else. Priorities get misaligned, which lead to a snow ball affect in terms of meeting that expectation. Winning is important (no doubt about that), but it should be achieved with integrity in all aspects of the program. I hate to see this.

Reactions: vols40 and T_Vol376
Sounds like “Varsity Blues” behavior. This is what happens when the demands of society put wins above all else. Priorities get misaligned, which lead to a snow ball affect in terms of meeting that expectation. Winning is important (no doubt about that), but it should be achieved with integrity in all aspects of the program. I hate to see this.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Propst is the modern day Bud Kilmer. Completely agree with your assessment.

Did you attend Lee County? I attended Worth County wife is from Lee. @realist

The Moultrie Oserver just posted a story. Apparently, they cited five violations of the Georgia Code of Ethics for Educators. Incidents they cited were:
1) He gave pills, doesn’t say PEDs (dang rumors) to players
2) Owing almost $450,000 in back taxes
3) Interfering with the hiring of a new principle
4)Insubordination
5) Attempting to pay for a hotel room with school funds
6) Interfering with other sports
7) Problems with the 2018 team including conduct following the state championship game

The case has been closed by the county BOE and now it’s going up to the Professional Standards Commission. This paired with previous stuff is NOT a good look.

I know about a couple of these things, he used to on Thursday nights put the players up in hotel rooms so they wouldnt get in trouble before games, a new principle this uear put a stop to it. After losing at North Gwinnett in the 18 state championship Colquitt players trashed the North Gwinnett gym.
He cares a lot about his players but this guy is as dirty as they come.

Did you attend Lee County? I attended Worth County wife is from Lee. @realist

No, I'm from north GA, moved down here for work a little over four years ago. My oldest daughter graduated from Lee last year and my son is the FR team QB at Lee County now. I work in Albany, live in Lee County.

VN Store

Back