The Official #8 Tennessee vs. Mississippi State Game Thread, 9:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I think Bone has a good game. Need to get back to moving the ball around more and get good looks. Well need Turner on D but can’t afford for him to go 0-7 from 3. Would be nice if we can get Kyle some shots. Defensively I think it’s important to get productive minutes from him.
Yeah I’d like to see Turner drive more. He has the ability. Don’t settle for 3s all the time. Great teams pass up good shots for great shots, even if that means drive and kick

Coming off of 5 days of rest against a team that played yesterday, I have to believe this is going to be a fresh and rejuvenated team and a big win.... GO VOLS!!!!

Reactions: FlVols
Win this game and we are guaranteed a 2 seed with no bad losses. Miss St still wouldn’t be a bad loss since they are 20th in the NET Rankings. Maybe us and Virginia are the only ones with our only losses coming in quad 1. Can’t think of any other team that has done that this year.

It will be a tough game, but I think that we will get another win against State. GO VOLS!!!!!

I concur. Quinndary Weatherspoon had an off night at TBA, which could have been because of good defense by the Vols. If he shows up like he did against A&M last night, the game will be more of a challenge.

Q.W. vs. A&M: 12 pts. 4 rebs. 9 asst. 3 stl. 1 blk.
Q.W. vs Vols: 7 pts. 2 rebs. 3 asst. 4 stl. 0 blk. + 8 turnovers

I concur. Quinndary Weatherspoon had an off night at TBA, which could have been because of good defense by the Vols. If he shows up like he did against A&M last night, the game will be more of a challenge.

Q.W. vs. A&M: 12 pts. 4 rebs. 9 asst. 3 stl. 1 blk.
Q.W. vs Vols: 7 pts. 2 rebs. 3 asst. 4 stl. 0 blk. + 8 turnovers
It was good defense. They made him uncomfortable with what he likes to do. Never was able to establish his rhythm, which in any sport is imperative to good performance.

Reactions: Halph66 and FlVols
Win this game and we are guaranteed a 2 seed with no bad losses. Miss St still wouldn’t be a bad loss since they are 20th in the NET Rankings. Maybe us and Virginia are the only ones with our only losses coming in quad 1. Can’t think of any other team that has done that this year.
IMO we have already locked up the 2. Esp with the Texas Texh loss yesterday to WVU. Also willing to bet there will be more upsets today.

It was good defense. They made him uncomfortable with what he likes to do. Never was able to establish his rhythm, which in any sport is imperative to good performance.

Let's hope they can do it again. I don't think he scored until late in the second half.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I think Bone has a good game. Need to get back to moving the ball around more and get good looks. Well need Turner on D but can’t afford for him to go 0-7 from 3. Would be nice if we can get Kyle some shots. Defensively I think it’s important to get productive minutes from him.
Need to get the ball inside to Williams and let him do work. Not settle for 3 shooting like in the Auburn game.

SEC Officials are Scrambling to find a Ref who is totally Biased for MSU in time for Tipoff!!!

I'm not Paranoid Its just that EVERYONE is Against Us!!! :oops:
I'm with you. Very discouraging that someone who does it the right way (like Barnes) has so much going against them.

VN Store

Back