Vols Spring Practice No. 4 Updates 3.13

I personally think he may force a move for Bituli- to play SLB or OLB because they will want him on the field. And Bituli can play the edge.

I'm really excited about what we have at LB.
Just within the past 2 practices, you can tell JJ Peterson is beginning to adjust. He's fighting through the "injury".
Ignot looks great!
Ried looks good!
Crouch is learning but he flashes that raw explosive power. BEAST.
And Harrison and To'oto'o are not even here yet....

Oh yeah, then there's that Darrel Taylor guy too
Crouch is really a wake up to those who are already here. He looks like the player that’s been in a college S&C for three years.

Reactions: LittleVol
The number of games I watch has been on a steady decline...

I'm surprised no one has busted your chops over the part I left alone with this...

I honestly think it’s the coach. I just don’t think he’s going to get it done. Mike Leach would have been entertaining, even if we never did better than 8-4.

Looks like you'd be fine with around 8-4 every year if Pruitt wore a pirates outfit on game day and learned to juggle.

I'm surprised no one has busted your chops over the part I left alone with this...

Looks like you'd be fine with around 8-4 every year if Pruitt wore a pirates outfit on game day and learned to juggle.
If he spoke at Trump rallies, 8-4 is cool with me.

I know, right? I don't know where that came from, but I think I'll rely on the coaches to pass judgment on a freshman's performance first and if he's playing with the 2's, it sounds like he is progressing okay. Gosh knows that we've had a few busts, but generally that wasn't determined until well beyond their freshman yr.
It came from Gucci Sosa, who said it after our THIRD practice. But we've grown to accept such ridiculousness from him.

Last edited:
Interesting how the NCAA ruled almost immediately, within a week or 2, on Justin Fields and his transfer to Ohio State. Meanwhile I heard Austin Price say refenrkt that UT didn’t expect a response from the ncaa regarding Solomon and Gibbs until early summer. How the hell does that work?
$

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
When we're striving just to make a bowl game, I think it's probably time we all find something better to do with our time on Saturdays.

With all due respect, I think you need to realize where we are as a program. We're trying to recover from a decade of tomfoolery and downright mismanagement.

5 coaches and 4 ADs in a decade is not a formula for success.

We're trying to recover from one of the most ridiculous eras in our history.

Butch Jones was a lot of things (Carnival Barker, bald faced liar, creator of the pretend zone read offense) but he wasn't a football coach.

He thought Kamara was a backup and JJ Watt was a tight end.

I'm not a Pruitt apologist and I said on day 1 he wasn't the coach I wanted, but you can't expect anyone to come in and succeed in a program that was left in such pathetic shape. S&C was non-existent. Players had zero development and our lines were small, slow and weak.

2020 is a reasonable time to see success. If we can't notch 9 wins then we may need to take a hard look at JP.

In the meantime, we just need to see improvement. Beat teams like Vandy and have far fewer blowouts is reasonable for now.

Guys, you're spending too much effort on this. He's getting the exact reaction he wants.
Same thing when he wanted to shut it down because Pruitt was hired.
And shut it down when he said we "lost" Freeze to liberty.
Or when Houston hired Dana.

Heck, I believe he's the same guy that posted like 90 times trying to convince UT fans to not attend the game at Bristol.
Etc., Etc...

Always the same, try to convince fans to tune out UT and always throw in some political junk for true shock jock value and attention.
Sometimes, it's better to just call a spade a spade and move on.

I can’t shake the feeling that we’re just totally going to suck this year.
Lol! Dude, you look like you are about to get gang banged by some rappers on top of that rental car, whilst doing your best transgender tawny kitaen impersonation. Forgive me not being able to give 2 sh**s what your opinions of our team may be.

Reactions: bullet20
Guys, you're spending too much effort on this. He's getting the exact reaction he wants.
Same thing when he wanted to shut it down because Pruitt was hired.
And shut it down when he said we "lost" Freeze to liberty.
Or when Houston hired Dana.

Heck, I believe he's the same guy that posted like 90 times trying to convince UT fans to not attend the game at Bristol.
Etc., Etc...

Always the same, try to convince fans to tune out UT and always throw in some political junk for true shock jock value and attention.
Sometimes, it's better to just call a spade a spade and move on.

Well, if we’re calling spades spades, then we should probably realize that Tennessee football died about 11 years ago and doesn’t seem to be coming back to life. And unfortunately it’s only due to inept leadership within the University, because a lot of teams have gone down and already came back up without all the drama.

Our program was neck deep in $hi+, and then Fulmer stepped in and hired a project coach. If we weren’t dead already, we will be at the end of this round.

I’m only still around because the site is bookmarked in my browser and I click it out of habit. Plus it’s fun to see some of you get riled up.

Well, if we’re calling spades spades, then we should probably realize that Tennessee football died about 11 years ago and doesn’t seem to be coming back to life. And unfortunately it’s only due to inept leadership within the University, because a lot of teams have gone down and already came back up without all the drama.

Our program was neck deep in $hi+, and then Fulmer stepped in and hired a project coach. If we weren’t dead already, we will be at the end of this round.

I’m only still around because the site is bookmarked in my browser and I click it out of habit. Plus it’s fun to see some of you get riled up.

Feeding trolls only makes them fatter .. and louder .

I’m only still around because the site is bookmarked in my browser and I click it out of habit. Plus it’s fun to see some of you get riled up
Sooooo...admitted TROLL! 😎

Don’t get mad at a troll for being honest. I’d say a good number of people here are rubber necks who love to watch the carnage. Pruitt is most certainly a project and there is little the loyal fan can do but convince themselves that he is the one to right the ship. Sure, it could happen, but the SEC (and college athletics in general) has become a cess pool of corruption. The only difference is whether you are untouchable like Bama. UT had its success when it had strong, alpha leadership and friends in the upper admin of the SEC.

What has really happened at the foundation of UT to change course? We’ll see.

Reactions: VolAllen
Don’t get mad at a troll for being honest. I’d say a good number of people here are rubber necks who love to watch the carnage. Pruitt is most certainly a project and there is little the loyal fan can do but convince themselves that he is the one to right the ship. Sure, it could happen, but the SEC (and college athletics in general) has become a cess pool of corruption. The only difference is whether you are untouchable like Bama. UT had its success when it had strong, alpha leadership and friends in the upper admin of the SEC.

Funny post. I seem to remember all of you whiners saying the same old BS about Barnes his first 2 years. Posters who have a losing attitude about their sports teams seem to be in the majority on this board. If things are so bad why do you stay around. Life should not be about living under a cloud.

You are obviously a uga or UF troll and have been from the first day you were here. Mods please IP ban this guy. We don’t need this here , this site is for Vols fans , so please take off eh

Well if you are a UF or UGA troll, I have to congratulate you on still having what appears to be the majority of your teeth. Fashion sense still looks questionable, and I would hazard a guess that you're wearing jorts in this picture.
Lol....this is so funny.

Who's mad? What was he honest about? There is just as much conjecture as honesty. Do you mean don't get mad at him for sharing his feelings? Lol, he's whining and that's pretty much all he does. Im not mad at him, I'm a rubber necker that enjoys the carnage.

Yes, we will see, well the ones of us that stick around because we love Tennessee and want to be a part of it, good or bad.

If we never win more than 5 games ever again, I'll die hoping "next year" we'll be better.

I'm passionate about Tennessee football, but that's not the same as Tennessee football is my life. Enjoy the ride or gtfo. If you choose to stay and whine, "take your medicine, son".

Edit: I wasn't directing the gtfo or take your medicine part at you, just in general.

Last edited:

We can show you how to delete it from your bookmark file.

VN Store

Back