LV 2020 Recruiting Thread

Treasure is not a point guard ..... But can play 2 or 3 . I have started seeing some reports of her being 6’ to 6’1”..... the last two years she has been listed by most at 5’11”?

The other thing about her stature other than height is her body type. She is a solid athlete who can stand being hit or fouled and still get her shot off. This is one of Rennia’s problems, she is not strong enough for inside banging around. This is why she cannot score around the goal unless she is not guarded! JMO

Jaz Masengale was the point the last two years..... I don’t know about this year?

The last two years J. Masengale played the 1. E. Balogun played the 2 and T. Hunt played the 3. she is listed as a W, G, SG. T. Hunt is strong enough for inside banging around. C. Cardosa is going to Uconn. HH had a girl transfer from Indiana that is playing the PG.

Treasure is not a point guard ..... But can play 2 or 3 . I have started seeing some reports of her being 6’ to 6’1”..... the last two years she has been listed by most at 5’11”?

The other thing about her stature other than height is her body type. She is a solid athlete who can stand being hit or fouled and still get her shot off. This is one of Rennia’s problems, she is not strong enough for inside banging around. This is why she cannot score around the goal unless she is not guarded! JMO

Jaz Masengale was the point the last two years..... I don’t know about this year?

Finishing after contact isn't always about strength,
There is also:
technique in initiating the contact,
mental status
learning to roll off of the contact,
concentrating on the finish until the ball is released
Much more than strength is involved.

Strength factors mostly in explosion, not finish.
Finishing after contact is mostly about technique and heart.

[B]Emily Saunders[/B]‏ @[B]EmilySaunders31[/B]
FollowFollow @EmilySaunders31
More
in basketball, everyone pays attention to the scorer, but what about the one who gave an assist? grabbed a rebound? blocked a shot? got a steal? anyone can score, but not everyone is willing to do the little things... pay attention to those who DO; THEY are the game changers
We need more players on this years team with this attitude. Looking for people that have a better shot willing to work for rebounds and defend.

Saniyah Rivers is the only sophomore in the state that may be better than Teonni. There is a lot of talent in North Carolina right now. Everyone is trying to get in on Imani Lester who is a 6'3 freshman. She has been playing varsity since the 6th grade and put up multiple triple doubles as an 8th grader on the varsity team.
Looks like the 2020 class has a lot of good players Teonni will be on the 2021 McDonald's All American Roster she is that good. Not sure but is Treasure Hunt a Wing or Shooting Guard ?

Reactions: mcannon1
Saniyah Rivers is the only sophomore in the state that may be better than Teonni. There is a lot of talent in North Carolina right now. Everyone is trying to get in on Imani Lester who is a 6'3 freshman. She has been playing varsity since the 6th grade and put up multiple triple doubles as an 8th grader on the varsity team.
I

I don't know. I have not seen her play. Hopefully I will be able to see her in one of these tounaments.

are you serious ? theres a kid named "Treasure" Hunt ? does she have a brother named "Scavenger" ?
zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg.gif

I watched this young lady play last night. She is a top 10 recruit according to ESPN. She is 5'10 and is long and athletic.

If they had won her team would have been playing Cary and the Key sisters in the Final Four of the state Championship.

Just saw some players list. The following are players that have an interest in us !

#5 Angel Reese 6’3” wing MD.
#6 Sarah Andrews 5’7” pg.Tx.
#7 Hannah Gusters 6’4” C Tx.
#11 Sydney Parrish 6’1” W. In.
#12 Natalia Marshall 6’5” F. Ny.

All list these schools as interest: UConn, South Carolina, Texas and Tennessee! Parrish does not list Tx. But all list the other schools! There are others listed but mostly ( local universities close to where they live) such as : Maryland, Syracuse, Baylor, UCLA.

These top players list UT as an interest. I wonder ( if things continue like they are ?) How long will these top players stay interested? Just Saying

These ladies have started to narrow their lists. I thought it interesting we are still getting interest from top ten players!!! Hope it continues and we continue to get top recruiting classes! I have not forgotten other players we have interest in..... however , these top players list us and the usual schools we compete with....
Gusters transferred from Duncanville to Irving Mac Aurther to play alongside Andrews. Irving Mac has always been happy hunting grounds for Baylor (their coach is a Baylor grad). I'm hoping there is more than just a local interest.

Update:

Duncanville's Cathy Self-Morgan resigns after 8 state titles – and amid an investigation into possible recruiting violations

Last edited:
If they had won her team would have been playing Cary and the Key sisters in the Final Four of the state Championship.
She won state player of the year today as a sophomore. That is a big accomplishment with all of the talent in North Carolina right now.

Reactions: RollerVol
She won state player of the year today as a sophomore. That is a big accomplishment with all of the talent in North Carolina right now.

Not that good of a team They would have been steam rolled by Cary

Sydney Parrish ! Can Holly work her magic ?
In-Home Visit Mania Part I | Prospects Nation

I like this young lady
Hailey Van Lith

has a big time game
Parrish is a must for the program. We need a SHOOTER. Keys and Saunders will be big for us at the 4 and 5 spots in years to come. Having Parrish as a freshman during KK’s SR year will be huge for our Inside/Outside game.

like to see a couple physical 6-5, or 6-6 beasts on the team...gotta have some bigs to compete...

GO LADY VOLS!

Parrish is a must for the program. We need a SHOOTER. Keys and Saunders will be big for us at the 4 and 5 spots in years to come. Having Parrish as a freshman during KK’s SR year will be huge for our Inside/Outside game.

Will KK be ready to play over the summer ? i know she has knee problem and needs to get fit.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yeah the LadyVols need bigger players who can fight it out under the boards. The LadyVols are undersized in my opinion.

I agree with you 100% Highlights: Key sisters propel Cary past Wakefield she will backup KK

they lost in the states final 4 close game but lil sis did her thing.

Shooting 16-17 from the Charity Stripe, Teonni lead all scorers in our Regional Runner Up Game.. 22pts/10 Rebounds/4Blocks/1 Assist Tamari, in foul trouble, finished with 10points/7 rebounds/ 4Blocks/1Assist

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Will KK be ready to play over the summer ? i know she has knee problem and needs to get fit.
I really think she’s going to need another year unless she gets back in shape this summer. Before her injury she was playing good basketball.

I think she’ll be Offensively ready to dominate the post by her SR year.

I really think she’s going to need another year unless she gets back in shape this summer. Before her injury she was playing good basketball.

I think she’ll be Offensively ready to dominate the post by her SR year.

True

VN Store

Back