Former Kansas head football coach David Beaty is suing Kansas

Tennesseefan2019

ALL LIVES MATTER!
In the lawsuit, Beaty accuses KU athletic department officials of looking to “find something” on the former coach, like finding a “dead hooker in his closet” to justify withholding the $3 million owed for firing him without cause. Lawsuit said that after coach Beaty refused the athletics department’s request for an extension to pay the former coach’s payout, KU initiated an NCAA investigation into the conduct of one of Beaty’s subordinates. The investigation was a pretext to reclassify Beaty’s departure from KU as termination for cause, which would void the $3 million.

Not a good look for Kansas.

Not gonna lie; I've never heard of David Beaty.
Because he won like 6 games in 4 years before they canned him. They made a terrible choice of a guy that was in over his head.

Bill Self knew about and even sanctioned paying a player and yet is still employed by Kansas and yet they are gonna use a minor infraction by an assistant to deny a bad football coach what they agree to in a contract. Hope he wins with some punitive damages in multiple millions. @give_him 6 Its more than a bad look IMO it might be a nice look at a double standard between "good coaches" and over their head / bad coaching guys.

@bag12day - Its a bad look right now for KU, because as we all know, there can be two sides to every story. I am not rushing to judgement in taking sides for Beaty or KU. Jeff Long (AD) is a very respected AD and they are denying this in their response. David Beaty is also well respected and a stand up man. This situation is bizarre.

@bag12day - Its a bad look right now for KU, because as we all know, there can be two sides to every story. I am not rushing to judgement in taking sides for Beaty or KU. Jeff Long (AD) is a very respected AD and they are denying this in their response. David Beaty is also well respected and a stand up man. This situation is bizarre.
Hmmm.... thanks for that I was not aware of this. This is shaping up to be more Will Wade like ( without the FBI Lol).
2 thoughts come to mind and I'm sorry its so long.
1) If that's the peg you ( KU) are gonna hang your hat on then Bill Self should have been immediately suspended without pay and his check placed into escrow pending the outcome of the investigation(s). Didn't happen.

2) This analogy is not perfect but 90% accurate. I drive a forklift for ACME co and my boss comes to me and says I'm clumsy driving and just not getting it done. They need a more experienced driver and If I will resign I will get a 2 years severance pkg, I can finish out my 2 weeks in the warehouse with my guys. I shake hands the last day and leave knowing that my bank account will be full for the next 2 years. A month later I get a message saying that as a result of talking to my co workers there is some inventory missing and some busted pallets in the back of the warehouse. They tell me I have to come back and explain how/ what happened and I refuse cause its a no win for me if they are looking for a way to not pay me. As a result they aren't gonna pay me anything until the cops and internal auditing can find out what happened. If I refuse they withhold my severance, if I give them info they determine I should have been aware of what my assistants were doing and invoke the "with cause termination" and withhold my money. Its a no win situation so I refuse.
Unless you got me on video stealing/ crashing into something give me my damn money. I might know what happened and but don't want to rat someone out or give you a reason to "with cause" me.

I fully realize there is probably a clause that says you have to cooperate with any investigation while employed but I find it hard to force a guy to come back where he was "fired" from to "help them understand". Bottom line is KU made a bad hire, if the guy cheated he sucked at that too, you cant compel someone to cooperate with an investigation if you fired them IMO. Now the NCAA could say if you don't tell us what happened we will slap a show cause on you ( still don't know how that would work but at least he is getting paid).

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Is Kansas really that hard up for cash they brought in the NCAA to save a few bucks? At best they save money and have the NCAA snooping around their new coach and program. At worst they get in trouble with the NCAA hurting Miles and still pay the 3 million.

Where is the win for KU?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Is Kansas really that hard up for cash they brought in the NCAA to save a few bucks? At best they save money and have the NCAA snooping around their new coach and program. At worst they get in trouble with the NCAA hurting Miles and still pay the 3 million.

Where is the win for KU?
Village idiots are in charge of athletics at Kansas and I bet Les Miles wishes he would have stayed retired. Kansas will keep on losing in football and Les Miles will also be fired after 4 seasons.

Where is the win for KU?
Not only that, but when the NCAA starts sniffing, they don't limit it to a specific sport. You can't tell me Kansas really wants to have the NCAA sniffing around Bill Self's program. Seems like your asking for it to me.

Not only that, but when the NCAA starts sniffing, they don't limit it to a specific sport. You can't tell me Kansas really wants to have the NCAA sniffing around Bill Self's program. Seems like your asking for it to me.
How funny would it be for them to win the title this year with relatively low expectations then have it vacated?

VN Store

Back