Down Go The Zags

HC Randy Bennett did an excellent job with his game plan and his team carried it out to near perfection. He's done a good job since he's been at St. Mary's.

I am a fan of Randy Bennett. He is great on the local radio shows.

They’ll still be high in the NET. So will be interesting to see how much the committee relies on that. The resume is relatively weak. I think they’ll be the #5 overall seed. But even if they’re the last 1 seed it won’t make much of a difference. They’ll still likely be bracketed against the same 1/2 seed and will be in salt lake and Anaheim

With their conference SOS they should never be considered as a 1 seed. Never, regardless of their non-conference schedule. They just don't have to play tough night after night like ACC or SEC teams.

They are the Boise State of basketball. They should have been ranked around 8-10 all year just because their schedule doesn't give you any indication of their potential.

Lmao the best part was yesterday Tony Basilio was going on and on and on about how Gonzaga was going to win it all and no one was going to beat them haha. The Zags are a really good team but they haven't faced a good quality opponent in months. It's going to hurt them down the stretch.

Once Zion gets back, Vitale and the BBall elites will be treating Zion and Most Holy DUKE,
like Monica treated Bill Clinton! Will be Sickening!! :mad:

Reactions: coach799
I watched Gonzaga play for the first time this season on Monday night (vs. Pepperdine). I know that was limited competitition, but after watching that game (they are at full strength for the first time this season) I was thinking “holy s—-, who is going to be able to beat this team?”!

And then came last night. Yet another humbling reminder of how a great game plan and execution by the underdog can win anytime. Or, poor play by the favorite. Or, injury. Or, any host of reasons.... And why my primary income source hasn’t come from wagering in Vegas.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Doesn't matter. Fact is that Duke is much better than UT when Zion is at full strength.

We need to win SECT for a shot a 1 seed. Make it so!

Reactions: Catbone
Zags are basically a lock for that West #1 seed. This loss doesn't mean too much, unless something like the Vols and Mich St win the two conference tourneys and Duke flames out.

Also, I agree they have had the weakest of weak schedules for months now, but the Zags are legit super talented. Lots of NBA players on that roster. And legit size. They can play.

VN Store

Back