Aviation Discussion

I wouldn’t think America will follow suit. The first thing Trump did was renegotiate with Boeing for new Air Force 1. But he won’t be on it just saved a huge contract

The Bell 525 Relentless recently received FAA certification for their engine.

It’s going to be a $15 million helicopter most likely.

I am thinking about getting my PPL. Any recommendations in Knoxville for instructors?

There’s a former Navy pilot out at Island Home, forgot his name. Runs his own show. You could probably stop by and ask around. Bases his school out of his hangar, believe it’s Hangar 10?? I’ve heard several of my professional pilot friends recommend him.

What is a professional pilot? There are no "professional pilot" certifications issued by the faa & those with commercial & airline transport certifications aren't considered professional pilots by them. Just because someone fly's the larger aircraft doesn't automatically make them a professional pilot. Over used term for an aviator

Ok chief....I never said the FAA issues “professional pilot” certification and I’m very well aware of FAA certifications and pilot ratings. The professional pilots I’m referring to are just that...two friends of mine, one flies for Fed Ex, the other UPS that have mentioned the instructor I was referring to. I fly for another major airline. I have type ratings on multiple aircraft including the 737, MD88/90 and the 757/767ER with over 13,000 hrs of flight time. So yeah, when you get paid to do it, you’re a professional. That’s your profession. Care to lecture me on anything else?

Last edited:
Never realized I was around so many professionals on a daily basis because “when you get paid to do it, you’re a professional”. Professional mail carrier, professional school bus driver, professional bank teller, professional Kroger cashier, professional gas station attendant, professional sandwich maker, professional construction worker, professional utility worker, professional police officer, professional fire fighter …….Wonder if they refer to themselves as professionals? Doubt it but the flyboy’s do.

Seek help.

What is a professional pilot? There are no "professional pilot" certifications issued by the faa & those with commercial & airline transport certifications aren't considered professional pilots by them. Just because someone fly's the larger aircraft doesn't automatically make them a professional pilot. Over used term for an aviator

Flies**

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Never realized I was around so many professionals on a daily basis because “when you get paid to do it, you’re a professional”. Professional mail carrier, professional school bus driver, professional bank teller, professional Kroger cashier, professional gas station attendant, professional sandwich maker, professional construction worker, professional utility worker, professional police officer, professional fire fighter …….Wonder if they refer to themselves as professionals? Doubt it but the flyboy’s do.
See the difference might be that no one has those things for a hobby re amateur fun to do thing like pilots do. Others are good enough to earn money doing it... ie Professional. Professional fisherman vs amateur guy, professional referee vs amateur, Professional hockey player vs beer league guy need we go on? I'm betting you are a beer league single VFR rated FAA "professional". Just for the record I haven't ever flown anything just a rider but I know a professional aviator when I see one and I didn't look in the FAA manual for it LOL.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
See the difference might be that no one has those things for a hobby re amateur fun to do thing like pilots do. Others are good enough to earn money doing it... ie Professional. Professional fisherman vs amateur guy, professional referee vs amateur, Professional hockey player vs beer league guy need we go on? I'm betting you are a beer league single VFR rated FAA "professional". Just for the record I haven't ever flown anything just a rider but I know a professional aviator when I see one and I didn't look in the FAA manual for it LOL.

He typed that post from his 172.

Reactions: bag12day

VN Store

Back