CFN 2019 College Football Early Predictions

You can say that all you want and to you it can be true, but Alabama and Florida are the only Two that can say they "Own" us in my opinion, certainly not "everybody else".

And....whoever is claiming to own Tennessee, should be the only ones claiming it. IMO.
Not claiming it as some badge of honor. Saying it out of utter disgust. But it’s true imo.

Reactions: Titan05
I think South Carolina is a more likely win than Missouri.

I don't count us out against Miss State at home either. I'm not convinced Joe Moorhead is all that. It's not a "W" or anything but I think it's realistic we could pull it off.

I agree based on Missouri’s offense. Drew Lock left but they got a good transfer QB coming. Same as Miss State, their qb left but that’s an unknown. I think that one is winnable as well, and it’s a road game, but they do come off a bye.

I will be absolutely ecstatic if we beat SC, Missouri and Vandy this year. That would mean we go 5-3 or 4-4 in conference play.

It’s not good when teams like SC, MO, and Vanderbilt just assume they wi beat you but that’s where we’ve been the last few years! Unthinkable! Gotta change now! Remember when Tennessee won every game in November?

Reactions: Titan05
You can say that all you want and to you it can be true, but Alabama and Florida are the only Two that can say they "Own" us in my opinion, certainly not "everybody else".

And....whoever is claiming to own Tennessee, should be the only ones claiming it. IMO.

2-2 over past 4 years. So 50-50 if we go back only til then. We had a two win streak then they did.

To be fair, Missouri’s also won against us 5 of the last 7, and South Carolina has won 6 of the last 9.

I wouldn’t say either are “dominating” or “owning us” but they’ve unfortunately been beating us quite a bit, too.

Fun fact: 6 of the last 7 Tennessee - South Carolina matchups have been decided by 3 points of less.

The last 7 have all been decided by 6 points or less, though.

To be fair, Missouri’s also won against us 5 of the last 7, and South Carolina has won 6 of the last 9.

I wouldn’t say either are “dominating” or “owning us” but they’ve unfortunately been beating us quite a bit, too.
And Vanderbilt has won 5 out of the last 7 against us, Georgia has won 7 of the last 9. With the exception of Kentucky, we've had a hard time with pretty much everybody.

Reactions: Titan05 and VolinMC
Eh,7 wins is about right to me. There should and will be some improvement but it's not coming quickly. Need to start at least breaking even with the mid tier teams before I start looking at the big dogs.
On paper our Vols look like one of the better teams with star rankings,coaching experience,2 year in the same system,etc. Looking good on paper and actually being on the field are two different things tho. It is gonna be better but just not as quickly as we want. I'm just gonna sit back and watch our rolled coaster season unfold,its gonna be interesting to say least.

It’s not good when teams like SC, MO, and Vanderbilt just assume they wi beat you but that’s where we’ve been the last few years! Unthinkable! Gotta change now! Remember when Tennessee won every game in November?

This

*sigh*

Not claiming it as some badge of honor. Saying it out of utter disgust.

But it’s true imo.

As often as you say stuff like that you coulda fooled me. Kidding aside, I seriously don't understand why you say it so often if it disgusts you so much.

We'll have to agree to disagree. "Everyone" doesn't own us. Haha.

I do not see where any SEC team has the brutal schedule of Tennessee 2018.

I'm aware, we talk about it enough.

Okay, what's your point? Haha, I mean, I've said I don't think they've owned us and I already knew they've been beating us quite a bit, you posted it above. :)

Wisconsin? I visited Camp Randall back in the day when the fans came for the pregame show, the halftime show, and the fifth quarter post-game show. The Badger Band was the big draw (There was no jump around unless it was especially frigid and the band played something snappy). If you needed to use the toilet, you did so during the football game. For 50 year, half a century, Badger fans cam to Camp Randall, tailgated, loved their band, and suffered through dreary football. Barry Alvarez was their savior, lifting Wisconsin football out of the mire. He didn't do it overnight. If you are going to take anything from Badger football, take the patience of generations of fans, and remember that even during the decades long overcast, their attitude was, Bucky says F*** 'em.

Slavery in the US was abolished in 1865. Nobody owns anyone else in the USA. You pimple-poppers posting of this team or that "owning" Tennessee need to invest in a good acne scrub for your perspectives. Get the long view or resign yourselves to a life of disappointment and bitterness. On the gridiron, Alabama has defeated Tennessee each meeting since 2007. Last year, Bama put a whippin' on the Vols, 58-21, arguably worst in history. If in the pit of your soul you do not yearn for the turning of the tables, if you do not believe that the day when come when the Vols will be victorious, if you do not hope each and every year that the Vols victory will occur, then maybe you're not cut out to be a Tennessee football fan. Maybe you're better off immersing yourselves in eSports.

Wussy whippersnappers...

It's like our schedule last year except add Clemson, so it's worse.
At A&M gonna be tuff IMO.

At Tennessee. Almost had them at home last year.

At Georgia. Spank.

At Mizz. Won't be easy.

Yea they play Clemson every year. But they don't play Clemson and Bama every year.

Reactions: Souce

VN Store

Back