Maybe Zion wont play anymore.......

Duke ? What banner ? They arent winning it even with him

If Duke makes it to second weekend of the tournament that’s an extra 4 or 5 days to get back in playing shape. Duke has only lost 1 game this season playing at full strength . That was by 2 to Gonzaga.

If Duke makes it to second weekend of the tournament that’s an extra 4 or 5 days to get back in playing shape. Duke has only lost 1 game this season playing at full strength . That was by 2 to Gonzaga.
Virginia is winning the ACC T -- I hate them but damn they kill it on those 3 balls

Virginia is winning the ACC T -- I hate them but damn they kill it on those 3 balls

I don’t know if they’ll win the ACC tournament because sometimes some teams decide not show up or some lower seed bubble team plays out of their mind, but UVA will be out for blood in the NCAA’s after last year . I would be shocked if they don’t make the sweet 16 just on motivation by itself .

It might be a good idea for him and Duke to gracefully part ways right now. Blame it on the injury and not get embarrassed like Louisville is by pulling a banner down.

Zion Williamson Reportedly Asked Recruiters for a Job, Money and Housing

I don’t think so he’ll play anymore this year but not because of this.

I think that knee sprain put the fear in his parents and they said he ain’t playing, which if I was in their position I’d probably make that same decision for my son.

I don’t blame them if that’s the case

I think that knee sprain put the fear in his parents and they said he ain’t playing, which if I was in their position I’d probably make that same decision for my son.

Except for the fact he’s practicing and expected to go Thursday. Those pesky details

An adult top level college player who’s mommy and daddy decide when he plays? Somehow I don’t think that’s how it goes with Coach K. Could be wrong tho

did you notice Carolina hitting 3's against Dook on Saturday? they put on a show

They were hitting that’s for sure but don’t count your hens before they hatch. Anyone who has watched Carolina at any point this season knows they’ll go ice cold in a hurry at the most random time.

Carolina is the most volatile team. It's never good to get really hot this early. Gonna be tough to sustain for four more weeks. Teams like Tennessee, Kentucky, and maybe Michigan would be my favorites to win it all, depending on how their brackets break down. Recent losses can drive them to be great. Duke is a giant question mark because there is no idea what Zion looks like when he gets back or if Jack White will ever figure out how to make baskets again. Gonzaga hasn't seen real competition for over two months. Michigan State is similar to Carolina. It's just hard for teams to play great championship level basketball for that long of a stretch. UVa has been consistently solid throughout the year. Somehow that rarely ever pans out for a team in March.

Carolina is the most volatile team. It's never good to get really hot this early. Gonna be tough to sustain for four more weeks. Teams like Tennessee, Kentucky, and maybe Michigan would be my favorites to win it all, depending on how their brackets break down. Recent losses can drive them to be great. Duke is a giant question mark because there is no idea what Zion looks like when he gets back or if Jack White will ever figure out how to make baskets again. Gonzaga hasn't seen real competition for over two months. Michigan State is similar to Carolina. It's just hard for teams to play great championship level basketball for that long of a stretch. UVa has been consistently solid throughout the year. Somehow that rarely ever pans out for a team in March.
Looking at recent history there might be something to having some losses late in the season and then that drives the eventual champ to a title.

2018 Villanova won the Big East tourney, but lost 3 conference games in February.
2017 North Carolina had 2 losses in February and lost to Duke in the ACCT semis.
2016 Villanova lost in the Big East tourney final and had a loss to a #5 Xavier team in February.
2015 Duke had no February losses but lost to Notre Dame in the ACCT semis.
2014 UConn had 2 February losses and a regular season-ending loss to Louisville, then lost to Louisville again in the AACT.
2013 Louisville is a bit of an exception - they didn't lose a game after a Feb 9 loss to Notre Dame
2012 Kentucky is another exception - they didn't lose a game from Dec 10 until the SECT champ game
2011 UConn was wild...they lost 7 of their last 11 regular season games, then won out after that

Hopefully Tennessee can mirror some of that. We have 3 losses since mid-February.

Reactions: volwindy
Looking at recent history there might be something to having some losses late in the season and then that drives the eventual champ to a title.

2018 Villanova won the Big East tourney, but lost 3 conference games in February.
2017 North Carolina had 2 losses in February and lost to Duke in the ACCT semis.
2016 Villanova lost in the Big East tourney final and had a loss to a #5 Xavier team in February.
2014 UConn had 2 February losses and a regular season-ending loss to Louisville, then lost to Louisville again in the AACT.
2013 Louisville is a bit of an exception - they didn't lose a game after a Feb 9 loss to Notre Dame
2012 Kentucky is another exception - they didn't lose a game from Dec 10 until the SECT champ game
2011 UConn was wild...they lost 7 of their last 11 regular season games, then won out after that

Hopefully Tennessee can mirror some of that. We have 3 losses since mid-February.

That would be awesome. Still can’t believe that 2011 UCONN run.

Thanks for doing the legwork.

An adult top level college player who’s mommy and daddy decide when he plays? Somehow I don’t think that’s how it goes with Coach K. Could be wrong tho

Maybe it doesn’t but you can’t tell me that his parents haven’t strongly considered sitting him.

If he’s the sure fire #1 pick that’s a lot of money to lose because of a career ending injury for a school he’ll only be at for a few more weeks.

Gonzaga is the most complete team in college basketball. But like you said, they haven’t seen tough competition in over 2 months.

Gonzaga is the most complete team in college basketball. But like you said, they haven’t seen tough competition in over 2 months.
I wonder if that fact hurts their chances to go deep into tournaments every year. Now they've made it at least to the Elite 8 each of the past 4 years, but before that there were a lot of exits either in the Round of 64 or Round of 32. Every single year they steamroll through an easy conference schedule, quite often an easy conference tournament, then all of a sudden get thrown into a gauntlet when they haven't played a great team in about 3 months.

I wonder if that fact hurts their chances to go deep into tournaments every year. Now they've made it at least to the Elite 8 each of the past 4 years, but before that there were a lot of exits either in the Round of 64 or Round of 32. Every single year they steamroll through an easy conference schedule, quite often an easy conference tournament, then all of a sudden get thrown into a gauntlet when they haven't played a great team in about 3 months.
I can see it go both ways. They finally play someone and have their butts handed to them or they are not beat up physically and emotionally like other teams that they have the strength to go all the way. It unfortunately is so hard to know until they actually do play someone.

Despite what many think, K has the players long term best interests in mind. He’s going to listen to the parents thoughts and concerns. I know for A FACT after the UNC game his parents wanted him to shut it down, but allowed him to make his own decision. Zion will most likely be offered a 9 figure contract by Nike this Spring. That’s wealth that changes families forever. Zion is different than a lot kids that have played during this era, he really plays hard every game and plays for his coaches and teammates.

Austin Rivers, Ingram, Jabari Parker would all have never played another minute if they had a similar injury. Kyrie and Zion are different .

I can see it go both ways. They finally play someone and have their butts handed to them or they are not beat up physically and emotionally like other teams that they have the strength to go all the way. It unfortunately is so hard to know until they actually do play someone.

Welp that question was answered earlier than I thought it would be. Zags Go Down

Reactions: volwindy

VN Store

Back