‘Jeopardy!’ host Alex Trebek says he’s been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

^^ NOT a class act.
I certainly wish him well, but I am a realist. I have seen cancer take my mother, my brother, and about 10 or 12 friends in the last 10 years. I have another friend who doesn't have much time left now due to lung cancer. I have seen cancer too up close and too personal to give him any hope. Sorry.

I certainly wish him well, but I am a realist. I have seen cancer take my mother, my brother, and about 10 or 12 friends in the last 10 years. I have another friend who doesn't have much time left now due to lung cancer. I have seen cancer too up close and too personal to give him any hope. Sorry.

Very sorry about the losses you’ve endured — truly — but a callous viewpoint is probably best expressed in private, just for the sake of those fighting hopeful battles.

Very sorry about the losses you’ve endured — truly — but a callous viewpoint is probably best expressed in private, just for the sake of those fighting hopeful battles.
I wish them all the best, but nothing I say here will affect anybody's lifespan. Plus, I'm sure that anyone with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer knows the prognosis.

Last edited:
I wish them all the best, but nothing I say here will affect anybody's lifespan. Plus, I'm sure that anyone with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer knows the prognosis.

Maybe it won’t. And however you feel about it, sounds like you came by that honest. But it’s just a kind of shabby thing to say out loud in this particular spot.

Reactions: VolNExile
Maybe it won’t. And however you feel about it, sounds like you came by that honest. But it’s just a kind of shabby thing to say out loud in this particular spot.
I like Mr. Trebek and have always enjoyed watching him, and seeing a true professional at work. It was not meant to be disrespectful, just an acknowledgement of his situation, which is extremely grim.

I will savor every new Jeopardy episode.

Jeopardy All Stars was awesome. I was just thinking how awesome it would be to be there when they film that, and now I suddenly have a lot of urgency to get there. I hope they're planning on doing that annually.

Pancreatic cancer is one of the worst and has a very low survival rate.

It was the "RIP" that got me. I save that for after someone is gone.

I agree about the prognosis though. We recently lost my sister-in-law, four months after diagnosis with stage 4 lung cancer. We're still in shock, even though she went into hospice after three months of failed treatment. You just sort of live through the whole process of watching someone go.

Last edited:
Reactions: volwindy

VN Store

Back