Did The Vols Get Jobbed?

This could all still play out in our favor. We are certainly off the #1 seed line in NCAA as of this moment. Beat MS State, UK, and LSU and I'd bet 3 paychecks we get that elusive #1 seed. Especially when 2 of 3 ACC powerhouses end their tourny with a loss. With that said, it will be hard to do so and I'm not holding my breath.

And how else would you do it? Ky beat Tenn by 17, Tennessee beat Ky by 19, would that do it? That is weak. Ky beat Auburn twice, Tennessee lost to Auburn once. That is the typical way all tie breakers happen after head-to-head match up. Like it or not, KY played a tougher SEC schedule, and beat the 5th place team and Tennessee didnt. That's fair cause that is how its always been done. You know how ties are broken to begin with.
We have not always had 14 teams... I personally liked it better when there were divisions and the schedules were constructed the same year to year. A tie breaker then would have been record within the division first...

They should be disqualified by the SEC from competing. We all know where this is headed.
They're going to allow LSU to possibly win the SECT, and possibly win the NCAAT. Then strip them of the titles and wins, so Fn stupid to let it play out like this.
They are guilty as sin, write that down.
True. Best thing that can happen for everyone involved is that LSU lose early in both tourneys. If he paid for Smart then he probably tried to pay for Waters or Reid. If so they are dirty too. Unfortunately for them, they are being associated with it whether it happened or not. I feel sorry for them and their family if they are clean.

...and I take exception to this just a bit. The logic in seeding Kentucky over Tennessee isn't very strong. They are both 15-3 in conference and split during the season. The reality is they earned a 2 seed... but you can't have two 2 seeds. They had to go all the way to the games vs the 5th place team in the conference to find a difference... that is weak.
That LSU game and the biased, incompetent officiating still has me bothered. Not to mention the whiny, crooked head coach and player or players on his team receiving money under the table. The league looks bad and has shown no administrative control over these situations. Heads should roll starting with Sankey!

Reactions: 08Vol
The rest of the SEC got jobbed by LSU and SEC refs. LSU should disqualify themselves from the tourney. They know as we all do. Their coach is a cheat and they’ve been playing ineligible players .

It's so frustrating... I've always thought it was so dumb how they punish teams 5 years down the road when all the involved parties have usually long since left. This is one instance when they have undeniable proof now as well as the ability to punish the people involved and are doing nothing.

It's so frustrating... I've always thought it was so dumb how they punish teams 5 years down the road when all the involved parties have usually long since left. This is one instance when they have undeniable proof now as well as the ability to punish the people involved and are doing nothing.
I’d be stunned if the league failed to know the scope of the wiretaps involving Wade and Anthony Jordan’s obvious bias for LSU well before the start of the season! Is there an investigative journalist among VN who could find out what the league office knew and when did it know it? Where there is smoke there is fire!

I think the 3 seed works out better for UT. UT handled Miss. St. with relative ease on Sr. night while UT struggled vs. Ole Miss and Bama.

Not that there's a discernable difference between the 2 and 3 seed in this case, but doesn't it seem kind of silly that the seeding is determined by looking at the record against the top seeded teams down instead of the bottom up? Like if we had lost to Vanderbilt and beaten Auburn we would be the 2 seed.... Isn't a loss to Auburn "better" than a loss to Alabama? Lol

Reactions: Cdywolfe
Not that there's a discernable difference between the 2 and 3 seed in this case, but doesn't it seem kind of silly that the seeding is determined by looking at the record against the top seeded teams down instead of the bottom up? Like if we had lost to Vanderbilt and beaten Auburn we would be the 2 seed.... Isn't a loss to Auburn "better" than a loss to Alabama? Lol

Isn't a win against Auburn (2, in UKs case) better than 1 against Bama?

And how else would you do it? Ky beat Tenn by 17, Tennessee beat Ky by 19, would that do it? That is weak. Ky beat Auburn twice, Tennessee lost to Auburn once. That is the typical way all tie breakers happen after head-to-head match up. Like it or not, KY played a tougher SEC schedule, and beat the 5th place team and Tennessee didnt. That's fair cause that is how its always been done. You know how ties are broken to begin with.
I think they should start the tiebreakers from the bottom and go with the first team that didn't lose to a crappy team. Oh, cool. That puts us in at 2. We beat sucky Bama but UK couldn't even knock off such a pitiful team. There I like that much better than going from the top down.

UK and UT had basically the exact same season. The tiebreaker wasn't a whole lot different than just using a coin flip.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I hope so... LSU has suddenly become my least favorite team. I would even cheer for Kentucky over them. I hate to see teams rewarded for this garbage. It's bad for the game.

I don't know that they are being rewarded, but the silence is deafening. I guess they are lucky it wasn't a barbque.

That LSU game and the biased, incompetent officiating still has me bothered. Not to mention the whiny, crooked head coach and player or players on his team receiving money under the table. The league looks bad and has shown no administrative control over these situations. Heads should roll starting with Sankey!

It did not appear that this was a first time thing for Coach Wade. It would likely be several players on his team.

VN Store

Back