'20 TN OL/DL Bryn Tucker

Hahaha I've never seen such a group of pre-menstrual reactionary fans. Everything's all or nothing, there's no reasonable middle ground. No wonder Rivals hates us.

My literal reaction to this recruitment was "Hey, apparently the National Champs and this up and coming staff that I really like and respect fundamentally disagree on a recruit which happens to play 12 miles from Neyland." That's all.

@peaygolf Thanks for the bit of info. I'm pretty familiar with zone blocking schemes, and not as familiar with Tucker's foot speed. But I personally don't see why he couldn't be a guard in a pro-style. But it's good to know what the staff's thought process is.

It was 2014. Same year as Juwuan James and Zach Fulton, the last Vol OLs taken. And Clemson has been able to hold off Bama DLs well enough to beat Bama for the natty twice. When’s the last time we beat them? I’m just saying, if he commits to Clemson it’s noteworthy.

No it’s not. We aren’t pursuing him hard, we are in on better OL prospects. So wish the kid the best.

Hahaha I've never seen such a group of pre-menstrual reactionary fans. Everything's all or nothing, there's no reasonable middle ground. No wonder Rivals hates us.

My literal reaction to this recruitment was "Hey, apparently the National Champs and this up and coming staff that I really like and respect fundamentally disagree on a recruit which happens to play 12 miles from Neyland." That's all.

@peaygolf Thanks for the bit of info. I'm pretty familiar with zone blocking schemes, and not as familiar with Tucker's foot speed. But I personally don't see why he couldn't be a guard in a pro-style. But it's good to know what the staff's thought process is.

Wait. Rival's hates us?

It's odd that clemson struggles to develop and recruit NFL ol. System related?
They get to play fluffs all season and by the time Bama comes around thet should be a well oiled machine. If they competed against teams like LSU & MS St week in and out, that undersized o-line would look like swiss cheese.

They get to play fluffs all season and by the time Bama comes around thet should be a well oiled machine. If they competed against teams like LSU & MS St week in and out, that undersized o-line would look like swiss cheese.

To be fair Florida State has only recently become a creampuff. I do hate that they get into the playoff by running thru that ACC schedule, but all you can do is beat who's in front of you I guess.

Nobody wants to see a talented kid from Knoxville go elsewhere, but if he's not the type of player that this staff is looking for then so be it. OL requires a specific skill set based on the offense you want to run. That's why JG got turned into dog food behind an o-line that wasn't recruited to block in a pro-style offense. There are guys who are so talented that they can play in any system, but this staff thinks that Tucker isn't that type of player. So be it.

Nobody wants to see a talented kid from Knoxville go elsewhere, but if he's not the type of player that this staff is looking for then so be it. OL requires a specific skill set based on the offense you want to run. That's why JG got turned into dog food behind an o-line that wasn't recruited to block in a pro-style offense. There are guys who are so talented that they can play in any system, but this staff thinks that Tucker isn't that type of player. So be it.
Dont say nobody.

You're smart enough
And you're good enough.......

Newt doing his daily affirmations....

giphy.gif

Clemson signed 29 in the 2019 class. They already have 4 highly rated offensive linemen committed to the 2020 class with 2 OG's and 2 OT's. I honestly can't see them taking anymore offensive linemen in the 2020 class. That would leave Tucker on the outside looking in.

Clemson signed 29 in the 2019 class. They already have 4 highly rated offensive linemen committed to the 2020 class with 2 OG's and 2 OT's. I honestly can't see them taking anymore offensive linemen in the 2020 class. That would leave Tucker on the outside looking in.
Would be funny if the NC kid took his spot and he ends up at VT but I'm guessing Clemson takes him.

According to a 247 article when Mayes committed, they told Mayes they're taking 5. If he wanted in, he better committ now. They're already counting on Tucker committing.

If you're talking about Bryn Tucker, who appears likely to commit to Clemson on Thursday, the Vols really haven't been recruiting him that hard the past few months.

They're still in good shape with a number of the top OL targets they're really going after. Tate Ratledge, Justin Rogers, Cooper Mays, Chris Morris, Marcus Henderson and others all are giving Tennessee strong consideration.
Callahan

Trying too hard

Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back