Congrats Alexa Middleton

Well deserved, and I couldn’t be happier! Alexa’s decision to transfer was sad to me as a fan, but it was definitely the right decision for her. She has made the very most of her final season of college basketball. 👍🏻👍🏻

Wasn't sure if anyone noticed or keeps up w/ former TN players but Alexa Middleton (Iowa State) got B12 Honorable Mention. She contributed in all games played this year and seemed to have really taken advantage of the opportunity there: Alexa Middleton - Women's Basketball - Iowa State University Athletics

Alexa has class now, and then.
I worked her out once,,,put her through the gamut.

we were going to work an entire summer together,,,
the next week, CHW eliminated all outside workouts!

Her Dad sent me a link last week where she thanked team, family, coaches and fans via twitter...pure class!

Alexa has class now, and then.
I worked her out once,,,put her through the gamut.

we were going to work an entire summer together,,,
the next week, CHW eliminated all outside workouts!

Her Dad sent me a link last week where she thanked team, family, coaches and fans via twitter...pure class!

That video speaks volumes.

Omg, Alexia only made 6 points and ppl here kept mentioning her name like she scored 40 point. I'm like let me go back and check the score see why everyone kept calling her name.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
That video speaks volumes.

Yes, it does. Many people (myself included) on here and elsewhere said while she was here that Alexa was getting rooked out of her career here by having a coach that didn’t know what to do with her.

Instead, we lost a basketball-loving young woman, born and raised in Tennessee and born to become a Lady Vol, to the state of Iowa.

Let's separate myth from reality. As a freshman, Alexa's game needed a lot of development. She was recruited as a zone busting guard but she shot the ball very poorly and her defense was very suspect. She did work hard and would periodically make a play, where you would go "I did not know she had that in her".

She got better during her sophomore year and had her best LV season as a junior: that season, she shot close to 40% from behind the arc; had several big offensive games, and became a very solid defender. She was poised to be a major contributor before she transferred.

Regardless of the reason for her departure, the argument that she was dying on the vine as a LV and then suddenly blossomed when she went to Iowa St is just not true. Her stat line for this season' is fairly comparable to her junior year as a LV:
Middleton_LV

Last edited:
Let's separate myth from reality. As a freshman, Alexa's game needed a lot of development. She was recruited as a zone busting guard but she shot the ball very poorly and her defense was very suspect. She did work hard and would periodically make a play, where you would go "I did not know she had that in her".

She got better during her sophomore year and had her best LV season as a junior: that season, she shot close to 40% from behind the arc; had several big offensive games, and became a very solid defender. She was poised to be a major contributor before she transferred.

Regardless of the reason for her departure, the argument that she was dying on the vine as a LV and then suddenly blossomed when she went to Iowa St is just not true. Her stat line for this is fairly comparable to her junior year as a LV:
Middleton_LV
There is no comparison between the Alexa at tenn and the one at Iowa state. She just scored 16 points in the first half of a conference semi-final game. In her “comparable” junior year at tenn, she didn’t play past a second round in either the SEC tourney or the NCAA. She wasn’t even in games at crunch time. This is what a player can do when coached and valued!

VN Store

Back