SEC Tournament Thread

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
2a4a4a91-966f-4a0a-977b-ad6e2617a6d2-IMG_5788.JPG

The other drawback to being the 3 seed is that the Kentucky gets a couple hours more rest. Given our depth, it becomes important to try and get a big lead on our first round opponent so we can rest our starters. If Barnes would ever consider that...

lousyannie plays one of the two teams that beat them at home.

kensucky gets bubba or ol'piss and only gets a couple of extra hours of rest compared to normal 24 hrs extra rest mandated by the sec

Vols close to a lock to make the semis.

All the talk about not getting the 2 seed, I actually like our opening draw better as a 3 then a 2.
Kind of a tossup IMO. We killed MSU on senior night and Quinndary had one of the worst games of his career. I don’t expect that again

Kind of a tossup IMO. We killed MSU on senior night and Quinndary had one of the worst games of his career. I don’t expect that again
Yeah I don’t like how it sets up for us at all... hard to believe after the year we had this is where we end up.. MSU as our first game will not be easy, then probably Kentucky and LSU? Seems like one of the harder paths to the champ we’ve had in a while. Oh well.

We seem to have given them trouble the last couple of years, maybe I’m mistaken but always seems like we are a bad matchup for them.

Barnes is 5-1 against Howland since getting to Tennessee, with multiple double digit wins against them.
We’ve had better teams. Plus I don’t know how significant that is in predicting future results. And if anything the law of averages would start to catch up.

Reactions: LittleCat
We’ve had better teams. Plus I don’t know how significant that is in predicting future results. And if anything the law of averages would start to catch up.

What average? I think we are a bad matchup for them, his teams don’t respond well to the physicality of our guys, simple as that imo. That’s like saying law of average says Tennessee football is going to start beating Alabama because they’ve beaten us so often recently, not holding my breath on that one.

Point blank I rather play Mississippi State than Ole Miss or Alabama, Alabama is a tough matchup for us and we struggle against them, simple as that.

What average? I think we are a bad matchup for them, his teams don’t respond well to the physicality of our guys, simple as that imo. That’s like saying law of average says Tennessee football is going to start beating Alabama because they’ve beaten us so often recently, not holding my breath on that one.

Point blank I rather play Mississippi State than Ole Miss or Alabama, Alabama is a tough matchup for us and we struggle against them, simple as that.
The law of averages. Or just basic probability. Just like being the best team in the SEC and expecting to go undefeated. You’re going to lose some games. Besides like I said being 5-1 against someone is not significant really. Those are different years and different teams. And yes, over the course of 10 years you certainly would expect Tennessee to win a game against Bama.

Regardless, Miss St is better than both ole miss and Bama. Miss st also has size in their front court and a guard who can light you up from 3. I think it’s a tossup at best in terms of matchup.

Tennessee has the easier first round game imo . I would like to see Ole miss pull off the upset against UK

I agree that the 3 line draw is more favorable than the 2.

Would have liked the 1 line simply because SC matches up very badly against us so win one and you are practically in the title game (AU wouldn't have been easy but on a neutral site coming off a loss, I'd pick us big time)

UK-TN 3rd game if it happens is great for the conference and I'd argue our program as a whole though it will be a tough one.

Wow a 3 seed. Very disappointing end to a great regular season. I hope this motivates the team.

Reactions: Catbone
Ideal situation is for A&M to beat the bulldogs and we swarp a tired A&M team, leaving us more rested than UK
Yep. That would be a benefit of being the 3 seed is the potential you could face an 11/14 seed. And sometimes it can benefit a team to have a game under its belt. I think we see that pretty often. Hoping it works out like that for TAMU

Excerpt from ESPN story this morning on what the Auburn loss did to UT seeding:

“The Volunteers aren't as good defensively this season as they were last season -- that's not really up for debate anymore. But the metrics are somewhat concerning for the NCAA tournament. They rank in the bottom half of the SEC in defensive turnover percentage and 3-point percentage allowed, which can cause problems against dynamic guards who can make shots.
Tennessee is still a Final Four and title contender; the Vols' offense is too good and they're too experienced. But the Volunteers are likely out of the 1-seed discussion and have things to fine-tune in the next week and a half.”

While the Auburn loss was a hit to their SEC seeding and potentially the NCAAs, I’m hoping it is a motivator to once again prove themselves. That seems to have worked in the past. They play best when they have a chip on their shoulder.

VN Store

Back