LSU Head Coach Will Wade Suspended Indefinitely

Needless to say, LSU is going to vacate a number of wins and the SEC regular season title. Even if it’s a year from now.

Will Tennessee/Kentucky still claim a shared SEC championship when that happens?

No banner for “really good”. Though Calipari wants to win sec and sec tourney, his total focus is NCAA tourney. I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but we don’t need to beat ourselves up too much on today. Still plenty to play for

Reactions: RollerVol
Yes, they will eventually. LSU under Will Wade are a bunch of cheaters. Unfortunately, we'll have to share it with the one-and-done-kittens.

If LSU eventually vacates the SEC title, it's ridiculous that there would be no champion.
If LSU had been on probation since the start of the season and had been playing under the sanction of being ineligible for the title all along, then UK and UT would have been declared co-champs today.
It makes no sense that the timing of LSU's punishment determines whether or not someone else gets the title.

That’s essentially what I’m asking. It makes no sense that there simply “wouldn’t be an SEC regular season champion.” What’s the precedence for things like this??

Our Vols choked away the opportunity to hang another SEC Championship banner by losing to LSU and AU. For what was at stake today, the players, as well as the coaches, didn't seem to have the sense of urgency I would expect. Barnes was completely out coached by our former coach, and I am afraid his stubbornness will cost us in the big tourney. I thought going into the game that we should not play help defense and leave their shooters open on the perimeter and that's exactly what we did. We played right into their hands and they knocked down the open shots. At the same time, Barnes allowed Turner to continue throwing up bricks from beyond the arc when he is shooting 14% the last 7 games and Grant was unstoppable in the paint. I hope we get our sh!t together or a chance at an " epic" season wil go down the drain.

What’s odd is that he’s not charged w anything. If the FBI had anything on him legally, wouldn’t he have been charged? He’s toast w the NCAA and LSU anyway, so I can’t imagine why he’d be advised by his counsel not to cooperate
What did Wade do that was against the laws of the US? Maybe failed to 1099 Smart and Mom?

Our Vols choked away the opportunity to hang another SEC Championship banner by losing to LSU and AU. For what was at stake today, the players, as well as the coaches, didn't seem to have the sense of urgency I would expect. Barnes was completely out coached by our former coach, and I am afraid his stubbornness will cost us in the big tourney. I thought going into the game that we should not play help defense and leave their shooters open on the perimeter and that's exactly what we did. We played right into their hands and they knocked down the open shots. At the same time, Barnes allowed Turner to continue throwing up bricks from beyond the arc when he is shooting 14% the last 7 games and Grant was unstoppable in the paint. I hope we get our sh!t together or a chance at an " epic" season wil go down the drain.
You have to help on D or you’ll give up wide open lay ups. I’d rather give up open 3s than open lay ups. I do think we should’ve at least tried a zone on them as it seems like under Pearl we sometimes struggled with zones. The bigger issue was on offense. We jacked up 28 3s which is 9 more than our season average. Add to that the fact we lost the turnover battle 13-5 and that’s why we lost. I didn’t feel like Auburn’s D did anything more to generate those turnovers than other teams. We just played a sloppy game offensively.

If LSU eventually vacates the SEC title, it's ridiculous that there would be no champion.
If LSU had been on probation since the start of the season and had been playing under the sanction of being ineligible for the title all along, then UK and UT would have been declared co-champs today.
It makes no sense that the timing of LSU's punishment determines whether or not someone else gets the title.

All we had to do was win our game yesterday. We would have been champs w LSU and simply morphed into a 1985 SEC football champs mode. Nope. Got out played. Auburn was inspired. Gotta give them credit.

Reactions: RollerVol
You have to help on D or you’ll give up wide open lay ups. I’d rather give up open 3s than open lay ups. I do think we should’ve at least tried a zone on them as it seems like under Pearl we sometimes struggled with zones. The bigger issue was on offense. We jacked up 28 3s which is 9 more than our season average. Add to that the fact we lost the turnover battle 13-5 and that’s why we lost. I didn’t feel like Auburn’s D did anything more to generate those turnovers than other teams. We just played a sloppy game offensively.
I agree with most of what you say. But dribble drives have been a problem for us all season. To me, it looks like we are afraid to guard one on one (or can't) on dribble drivers and they just drive away on us. Is it because we are trying to protect starters by playing helper type defenses on the drives or just know our one on one defenders just aren't good enough by themselves? All this "help" defense leaves too many open "3" for shooters and most teams have one maybe two guys who unguarded, will hit nearly 40% (maybe more) of the shots they are given free and molested.

VN Store

Back