Vols Football Spring Practice No. 2 Updates 3.9

8mang9
I don't know about that. People see what they want to.

I hope the reports of him being more accurate hold up. We will need a good back up.

I just stated in the video. They were only doing 3 step drops. The true test of the release will obviously be when they are in full pads.

I'm hoping moving Wanya to RT exclusively today means he is doing very well and they are just reacquainting him with either side since he's doing so well. Hope to see him back at LT soon, UNLESS, they really do expect Trey to play some.
He's a day 1 starter I feel. He's got to learn all of the OL positions to be able to help us. He looks to be a O-Tackle for sure I feel. OL will be much improved and would be a plus if somehow Trey came back. Smith and Kennedy alongside the two youngsters could more than handle their own vs our upcoming schedule.

Reactions: One Vol One Fam
They said all the QBs looked sharp today.

Right now, Gaurantano and Shrout are getting most of the resp I believe.
Maurer should be finishing high school still. I assume they're just going to use all of spring to ease him in.
Real battle will be in Fall Camp
What will the "real battle" be and who'll be battling for what?

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Lots of folks overlook JG being a 4th year player. He has the mentality, maturity, and physicality of a senior coming into the season. If the OL can perform well enough to let him actually play I think we'll all be surprised at his improvement.

Lots of folks overlook JG being a 4th year player. He has the mentality, maturity, and physicality of a senior coming into the season. If the OL can perform well enough to let him actually play I think we'll all be surprised at his improvement.
A 4th year player who has had 4 different OC....he gets way to much hate for being dealt a tough hand.

Strange seeing Ignot being the leader of the LBs. I really thought Bituli would step up big time and become the leader.

Yeah.
Getting Henry To'oto'o was huge!

I still think Crouch ends up at OLB, but its' good to see what he can do in the middle right now.

Ignot has come a long way. I wonder if theyl'' give Bituli a look at OLB...

Yeah.
Getting Henry To'oto'o was huge!

I still think Crouch ends up at OLB, but its' good to see what he can do in the middle right now.

Ignot has come a long way. I wonder if theyl'' give Bituli a look at OLB...

It will be interesting to see if HenryT starts. I think it’s a good possibility.

I just figured Bituli would be that force in the middle and vocal leader this year. I really hope JJ Peterson makes a huge step this year.

It will be interesting to see if HenryT starts. I think it’s a good possibility.

I just figured Bituli would be that force in the middle and vocal leader this year. I really hope JJ Peterson makes a huge step this year.
Yeah, Henry T looks for real. I said when he signed that he would start game one. But, I backed off when I considered Kirkland was going to be healthy and a year ahead in the system AND a Sr.
Now, I'm thinking I may have been right the 1st time. Kirkland is not going to be a starter again.
4 guys will play at ILB (Ignot, Bituli, To'oto'o...and Crouch)
Crouch may be a back up as both MLB and OLB

Peterson seems to be still swimming. He is in better shape, but he's injured already?

When Roman Harrison and Henry To'oto'o get on campus, things are going to change! These two, in particular, are the future leaders of the dfense imo...

Roman was Defensive Player of the year of class 5A in Georgia
Henry was overall Defensive Player of the year in California.
Two true Alpha males.

this 2019 class is so underrated. Even with the two 5 star tackles. We signed so many good players.

And if Maurer becomes the starter and leads the Vols to victories, what will you say?

giphy.gif

And if Maurer becomes the starter and leads the Vols to victories, what will you say?
Great. For a true freshman qb to come in and beat the returning offensive MVP out for the qb job means he is super special.

It's hard for a true freshman to beat out a returning starter in the SEC. If it does then he probably has All American potential. I would love for him to come in looking like Trevor Lawrence. Not likely though.

Great. For a true freshman qb to come in and beat the returning offensive MVP out for the qb job means he is super special.

It's hard for a true freshman to beat out a returning starter in the SEC. If it does then he probably has All American potential. I would love for him to come in looking like Trevor Lawrence. Not likely though.

You think he has to be Trevor Lawrence level to beat out Gaurantano?

I don't think you're sincere about that. No way.

Chaney is back as OC! Best one we've had since himself in 2012...

So improvement will come one way or another.

Reactions: 1955bamavol
What's so sly?

Shrout will be the backup IF he can hold off Maurer. He needs to improve accuracy to be a capable SEC backup.

The only ones with an obsession are the ones bashing him.

I challenge anyone to find a thread were I brought JG up first. All my post have been in response to people bashing our qb. That is all.

Is it just me or does Shrout's passes get out of his hands a lot quicker and with more zip than JG's. I'm not being a negavol just making an observation.

Shrout has a very strong arm and great throwing motion. His issue in high school was that he wasn't always accurate and he threw a boatload of interceptions. So for him, it's really the mental aspect of the game that's more of a question mark right now than his arm. Tough to say how he'll do until he sees some action. Hoping we get to see a little bit of Shrout and / or Maurer in garbage time this season.

Reactions: MustafaRasta

VN Store

Back