SEC Women's Tournament

Arkansas in! We are for sure out! They just took our chance to get in! Need to hire that guy!

Reactions: mcannon1
Arkansas in! We are for sure out! They just took our chance to get in! Need to hire that guy!

He would be amazing but he’ll never leave. He had a very good thing going at Washington and coached the leading scorer in NCAA women’s basketball history, Kelsey Plum. He’s originally from Northwest Arkansas and Arkansas is his dream job.

Looks like he’s making quite the scorer out of Dungee as well.

Dungee is another example of a transfer filling a gap and making an immediate impact. Hope the LVs look at opportunities there. Lou Brown didn't work out as hoped this year, but the transfer model is working for other schools.

Hated to see the Lady Vols lose today, but really enjoyed the Missouri/Kentucky and Arkansas/ S.C games.. some great basketball in the SEC tourney today! Four really good coaches in those games.. I also agree that Arkansas’ win tonight just might knock Tennessee out of the NCAA.. still hard to believe we’re not still in the SEC tourney and really trying to wrap my head and my heart around the thought of missing the NCAA tournament for the first time in history of the tournament....😐

Dungee is another example of a transfer filling a gap and making an immediate impact. Hope the LVs look at opportunities there. Lou Brown didn't work out as hoped this year, but the transfer model is working for other schools.

She was Frshman of the Year in the Big-12 two years ago. Had the sense to get as far away from Sheri Coale as possible. She’s just flat tough, finishes plays and she’s comptitive without playing dirty. She’s gonna score and you’re gonna like it.

The LVs aren't out. Arkansas would need to win the SECT for MSST to take an at-large bid. Props to the Razorbacks, though. That's what a great coach and complete player buy-in can do for you.
Are there gaps to fill for TN next year? Do they another post coming in?

I have this feeling if we do not make the big dance admin will still not replace holly

If Burrell and Evina were like Cunningham we would not be in the position we are in!

race horses are poor performers at plowing a field
They need to be in the right environment to "shine"

It is really not that complex ,, what's killing CHW's teams

She has no coach who can read and navigate an "Alpha athlete" on that staff
Nowhere
You have to have that in your mix and it doesn't have to be the HC,

but an "athlete whisperer" has to be there

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
They did dominate her all night long. Gotta give the Arkansas bigs credit though, they held it down. Williams was a straight up beast on the boards down the stretch. So important.

That is why i said we need a post player that can send shots back.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Two... but they're FR and will need to develop. And KK is still out of shape. LVs need experience and leadership-- and a gamer.

Key will help right off the back mark it down she will be playing tomorrow in the state final 4
2019 NCHSAA 4A Womens Regional Final
SE Raleigh vs Cary

2019 NCHSAA 1A Womens Regional Final (Fayetteville)
Pamlico County vs East Carteret

NFHS Network

Reactions: mcannon1
Two... but they're FR and will need to develop. And KK is still out of shape. LVs need experience and leadership-- and a gamer.
I thought she was still struggling from an injury (KK)? You think it's fitness based?

Interesting that 3 out of the 4 teams in the semifinals are the 4 newer additions to the SEC.
The one newer addition that didn’t make it has won the last 4 SEC Championships.
All the other teams joined in 1932.

Texas A&M 2012
Missouri 2012
Arkansas 1991
South Carolina 1991

I thought she was still struggling from an injury (KK)? You think it's fitness based?

She is coming off an injury, but she wasn't in great condition last year, either. Hopefully, they can step up her off-season conditioning so she can be more of a factor next season.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Anyone know the last time a 10 seed made it to the finals? I think Arkansas has a legitimate chance of knocking off A&M without Chennedy Carter. If they shoot like they have the last couple of nights A&M will struggle to score with them.

Blair will have a great defensive scheme I’m sure though.

If Burrell and Evina were like Cunningham we would not be in the position we are in!

If Cunningham played in this environment, she as well would play differently
Give me one Evina over 3 Sophies,,,ANY DAY

Key will help right off the back mark it down she will be playing tomorrow in the state final 4
2019 NCHSAA 4A Womens Regional Final
SE Raleigh vs Cary

2019 NCHSAA 1A Womens Regional Final (Fayetteville)
Pamlico County vs East Carteret

In a hi-post offense she would be great...imagine this setup
presently with this group:

Baseline Forward - Rennia
Hi-Post Point/Forward - Evina
Shooting Guard - Meme
Small Forward - Zaye
Point Guard - Jazmine

with Key...

The baseline forward spot would be replaced with a Center - key
Rennia would move to SF
with C Green the bl-fwd spot would become a PF position

a triangle forms from the SG/hi-p, floater position in sets
It is kinda hard to explain in a posting...got to wait for the book.

oh and why Jazmine?
simple
She wouldn't play as she is,
under me...
That kid would go to school!

NFHS Network

I’ll take Evina over Sophie any day!

I couldn't "like" it twice, so I quoted it again
Me Too!

Last edited:
I know she's not the most likable person, but some of you are sleeping on Cunningham. The girl is 17p/5r/3a on 50%/40%/83% for her career. She plays within herself, gives maximum effort every game and is a great team leader. Evina has more natural talent, but talent doesn't always win games.

I'd probably take Evina over Sophie based on upside/talent, but it's not as obvious as some of you are making it out to be.

Cunningham plays with an attitude and sometimes does something dirty to another player. I wish our players had more attitude when they played without resulting to elbows and pushing.

VN Store

Back