The Florida-Miami game has officially been moved up to August 24th

Tennesseefan2019

ALL LIVES MATTER!
The Florida-Miami game has been officially moved up to August 24th. It will be televised by ESPN at 7:00 pm from Orlando,Florida. This is part of the ESPN celebration of the 150th anniversary of the very first college football game in 1869. Florida will probably rip the Hurricanes a new arsehole to start the 2019 season.

Miami-Florida opener officially moved to Aug. 24

Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol
The game was originally scheduled for Aug. 31 but ESPN approached both schools about moving it up a week and the NCAA signed off on it.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Heck, I'm all for rivalry week to be week one. Start out with a bang instead of the mid season before some of the blue bloods get a real game.

Heck, I'm all for rivalry week to be week one. Start out with a bang instead of the mid season before some of the blue bloods get a real game.
I think Florida will crush Miami like a bug. I still think Miami be pretty good and will win 8-9 games and play Clemson in the ACC Championship Game.

I think Florida will crush Miami like a bug. I still think Miami be pretty good and will win 8-9 games and play Clemson in the ACC Championship Game.

There can be big surprises in first games of the year, plus both teams will be rusty so it may not just fall out like everyone thinks. Anticipation......

UF will never do that

They don’t schedule OoC games with schools that require home/home

Yes, UF should add Miami to an OOC schedule that already includes FSU annually.

We should probably throw in the Patriots on a home-and-home once a decade on top of that.

Reactions: UTwild82
Yes, UF should add Miami to an OOC schedule that already includes FSU annually.

We should probably throw in the Patriots on a home-and-home once a decade on top of that.
I never said they should. I just said they won’t.
Although FSU does and did before UM joined the ACC

I never said they should. I just said they won’t.
Although FSU does and did before UM joined the ACC

Bobby Bowden is on the record as saying he would consider FSU joining the SEC only if they didn’t have to play Alabama and Auburn every year. Can’t give them credit for continuing to schedule Miami OOC when the A She She was total garbage in the early 90s.

FSU chose the A She She. Miami hasn’t been relevant since joining the A She She.

I readily admit UF didn’t want to play Miami in the late 80s, and we dropped them from our schedule. Fast forward to the late 2010s, UF doesn’t need Miami on our schedule, but we’re playing them anyway.

Reactions: Remy
Bobby Bowden is on the record as saying he would consider FSU joining the SEC only if they didn’t have to play Alabama and Auburn every year. Can’t give them credit for continuing to schedule Miami OOC when the A She She was total garbage in the early 90s.

FSU chose the A She She. Miami hasn’t been relevant since joining the A She She.

I readily admit UF didn’t want to play Miami in the late 80s, and we dropped them from our schedule. Fast forward to the late 2010s, UF doesn’t need Miami on our schedule, but we’re playing them anyway.
I’m fully aware of FSU and their conference decision. Thank you though......
I also know that some of the reasons UM and UF don’t play every year like they used to are political......iirc.
It would be fun if all 3 played each year, but that would suck for UF.

I’m fully aware of FSU and their conference decision. Thank you though......
I also know that some of the reasons UM and UF don’t play every year like they used to are political......iirc.
It would be fun if all 3 played each year, but that would suck for UF.

I’m good with playing FSU every year, and playing Miami a couple times a decade.

Imagine if Vandy and Memphis had a combined nine national titles, and UT played Vandy every year, in addition to Bama from the West...and some rival fan suggested how great it would be if UT played both Vandy and Memphis every year. 😂

Reactions: QU1ZE

VN Store

Back