It used to be that the question was whether we would get a #1 or #2 seed

In the NCAA. Now it is whether or not we get in. Almost unbelievable.

This team does not need to be in the NCAA tournament. It would just be another butt whipping on the scoreboard as well as having a coach on the sidelines throwing her hands up in the air or having a "deer in the headlights" look on the sidelines. A change is needed now or the AD is going to lose a lot of support that he has earned.

It all comes down to coaching and leadership - two things Holly knows NOTHING about...
That was obvious from the first time she stepped on the floor as a Head Coach?. She did not have a clue and still doesn't. She had Pat's players and they won some games on their own. She doesn't resemble a coach in any way including the way she dresses. I heard the interview on the SEC network following the game yesterday and she was TRYING to explain to Andy Landers about the rumors surrounding the program. She stated that "We aren't suppose to beat Mississippi State tomorrow. How many people have ever heard a head coach with experienced players say that. She had given up even before the game, and then expects her players to perform after that statement.. She is a disgrace to women's basketball and certainly to the State Of Tennessee and particular Knoxville. If he doesn't move quickly, then I hope he is the next one out the door.

This team does not need to be in the NCAA tournament. It would just be another butt whipping on the scoreboard as well as having a coach on the sidelines throwing her hands up in the air or having a "deer in the headlights" look on the sidelines. A change is needed now or the AD is going to lose a lot of support that he has earned.

I believe this year is it when it comes to the fans and Holly. However, I'm not so sure the Administration has the fortitude to make the necessary changes.

If Holly is retained the young players get better next year and the season record will probably be better. That will seal to Fulmer that he made the right decision to give her more time. If this happens there will be several more wasted years wherein the Ladyvol brand may never recover. Our hope resides with Fulmer and I'm 50-50 on whether he will do what it takes.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
That was obvious from the first time she stepped on the floor as a Head Coach?. She did not have a clue and still doesn't. She had Pat's players and they won some games on their own. She doesn't resemble a coach in any way including the way she dresses. I heard the interview on the SEC network following the game yesterday and she was TRYING to explain to Andy Landers about the rumors surrounding the program. She stated that "We aren't suppose to beat Mississippi State tomorrow. How many people have ever heard a head coach with experienced players say that. She had given up even before the game, and then expects her players to perform after that statement.. She is a disgrace to women's basketball and certainly to the State Of Tennessee and particular Knoxville. If he doesn't move quickly, then I hope he is the next one out the door.

She said the same thing before they played Notre Dame. I don't even have the words to describe the disgust I have from hearing this.

Not really. The majority of Tennessee fans are not following this at all. Not being mean, but no one is all that upset about it aside from a sliver of fans. I'll sit here and take the punishment for saying it.

It all comes down to coaching and leadership - two things Holly knows NOTHING about...
Absolutely true. However, the real shame lies with AD Phil Fulmer. He is allowing this travesty to continue with Holly as head coach. She needs to be fired immediately. There are a number of successful head coaches that could restore the LVs to their former level of excellence. Wes Moore, Mark Campbell, Gail Goestenkors, Katie Meier, Courtney Banghart, just to name a few that would come if offered the position.

The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores. However, if they still play like freshmen, you have a problem.

Holly had a chance to play the freshmen more but she refuse, No! let`s go with the upper class. You can`t be ready for prime time if you don`t play.

Reactions: RollerVol
Georgia WBB (18-12) is another team that will turn down a WNIT bid, if offered

Utah WBB, down to seven active players, will turn down a WNIT bid

No WNIT for Georgia Tech per coach

Reactions: RollerVol
If they expanded the tourney to 128 teams, I am confident that we would get in. We seem to have two options 1). New coach 2). Expand the tourney

I would like to add my comments to your post. Holly has forced some of the most loyal and supportive WCBB fans to accept mediocrity as the gold standard for the LV's team performance. As I have posted before, she is a nice lady living in a fools paradise as to her coaching ability. Unfortunately, as you implied, the UT athletic department is allowing this travesty to continue. I do not know why this is so other than the fact that Holly and Phil are good friends.

I heard HW say it after the Arkansas lose during the postgame press conference. We not suppose to beat Notre Dame, but we're suppose to beat Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, and Missouri. If you're supposed to beat them, why didn't you have a game plan to do so. Just another person waiting on a buyout.

Reactions: VOLED
I heard HW say it after the Arkansas lose during the postgame press conference. We not suppose to beat Notre Dame, but we're suppose to beat Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, and Missouri. If you're supposed to beat them, why didn't you have a game plan to do so. Just another person waiting on a buyout.

Note that even she didn't include Vandy since that was suppised to be automatic.

Think about it.

This year's hapless Vandy team.

In Knoxville.

Unreal.

Reactions: Momto2
Note that even she didn't include Vandy since that was suppised to be automatic.

Think about it.

This year's hapless Vandy team.

In Knoxville.

Unreal.
tenor.gif

Georgia WBB (18-12) is another team that will turn down a WNIT bid, if offered

Utah WBB, down to seven active players, will turn down a WNIT bid

No WNIT for Georgia Tech per coach

Probably because fan turnout and expenses don't make it feasible.

I heard the interview on the SEC network following the game yesterday and she was TRYING to explain to Andy Landers about the rumors surrounding the program. She stated that "We aren't suppose to beat Mississippi State tomorrow. How many people have ever heard a head coach with experienced players say that. She had given up even before the game, and then expects her players to perform after that statement.. She is a disgrace to women's basketball and certainly to the State Of Tennessee and particular Knoxville. If he doesn't move quickly, then I hope he is the next one out the door.

How are players supposed to get motivation from a coach like this? How are they supposed to go on the court and be dominant when their coach just shrugs her shoulders like she doesn't know what to do? Are they supposed to coach themselves when someone says this or that player isn't hungry enough or is not showing enough effort?

VN Store

Back