Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Miss St : ,, SEC tournament - Round II

21 turnovers in 3 quarters - sign of an undisciplined team. None of the coaches have taught these ladies to step in front of the player to draw the offensive foul or make the driver change directions. They just follow beside them as they go straight to the hoop for a layup.

Yeah shes got the best motor and drive of anyone on the team. Too bad Holly's running a turnover factory today. Seems like they would have improved in this area by now, but there is always a bunch of head scratchers.

I hate to say it but this Lady Vol team does not deserve to go the the NCAA tourney, there are better mid major teams that deserve that chance. This team is not mentally or fundamentally sound, that is on coaching as much as it is the players.....

Reactions: 1reVOLver
book for Holly
51JwcbpVg%2BL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Tamika Catchings said it herself during commentary. Several turnovers on the in-bounds full court pressure because they are catching the ball in the corner.............that is a pre-set full court press play that is designed by the coach. I'm sorry, if you dont know you shouldnt design a play for your guard to be trapped in the corner then you dont need to be coaching...........at any level!!!!

I will never understand why we didn't slow the ball down on O, and also play a zone to further slow the game down. We like to play a running style, but do not have the players to do it (hence the ridiculous amount of turnvovers). Probably still would not have won, but would have had a chance to take the game into the 4th with a slow down game.

So, let's imagine that the LVs had half as many turnovers. That would give them 12 more possessions. And then let's suppose that they scored on half of those -- 6 scoring possessions, at least 12 more points if not a few threes.

In other words, if they had cut the turnovers in half, this would be a 3-point game.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back