1997 Championship Team can be used for motivation

Ladyvolsfan84

Holly, should use the 1997 championship team season as motivation for this season team. I recently watched the final four game on YouTube. An was inspired an motivated an I felt like these videos can ge used to motivate Us now. That team went into the tournament with a loosing record with 10 losses. But they grit an grind to repeat as champions. Our Team needs that Tennessee toughness and a coach with intensity.

Holly, should use the 1997 championship team season as motivation for this season team. I recently watched the final four game on YouTube. An was inspired an motivated an I felt like these videos can ge used to motivate Us now. That team went into the tournament with a loosing record with 10 losses. But they grit an grind to repeat as champions. Our Team needs that Tennessee toughness and a coach with intensity.

Surely with the beat down MSU gave them earlier will be motivation to play as hard as they can.

They should make good decisions, but from a pure motivation standpoint I think the earlier loss will either pump them up to make a better showing or totally deflate them. We shall see.

Holly added another saying to her book yesterday after the game:

"I want the girls to know that if they play hard they can win."

Why is Holly treating this team like it has no talent?

Earlier in the year she said we were supposed to lose to Notre Dame.

This woman needs to be gone yesterday.

We need a coach who wants 100% from the players and expects championships from them.

Reactions: Ladyvolsfan84
Our team is nothing like that team or season. For one, we played the toughest schedule in the nation that year, and most of our losses came against top ten teams. This season we played one of the easiest schedules I can remember. Kellie Jollie also returned in the middle of the season to help us. We also had one of the greatest shooters in history on that team. Rennia Davis is a shadow of Holdsclaw.

What you have in March is what you had all year; teams can’t reinvent themselves in weeks, or even months. Teams take seasons and years to build. And what Tennessee is today, is what they’ve made themselves through the season - through coaching, through practice, through bonding, and through the experience of playing together on the same team. There are rarely (rarely) miracles in March —only teams that work hard and are unified in purpose.

Holly added another saying to her book yesterday after the game:

"I want the girls to know that if they play hard they can win."

Why is Holly treating this team like it has no talent?

Earlier in the year she said we were supposed to lose to Notre Dame.

This woman needs to be gone yesterday.

We need a coach who wants 100% from the players and expects championships from them.
Back in 1980, Herb Brooks told the US Hockey team, "9 times out of 10 the Soviets are going to beat you. But this is your one!"

Back in 1980, Herb Brooks told the US Hockey team, "9 times out of 10 the Soviets are going to beat you. But this is your one!"

So he told them that they were going to win that game.

That's my entire point.

He didn't say, "They will beat us 9 out of ten times so it's okay because we are supposed to lose."

One quote is motivating, and the other quote is a sad excuse by someone who is incompetent.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Our team is nothing like that team or season. For one, we played the toughest schedule in the nation that year, and most of our losses came against top ten teams. This season we played one of the easiest schedules I can remember. Kellie Jollie also returned in the middle of the season to help us. We also had one of the greatest shooters in history on that team. Rennia Davis is a shadow of Holdsclaw.
I agree, I wish I could coach them cause I would be motivating them and making them play to there strengths. Hopefully next year is better.

Need to play a tougher OOC! Playing cupcakes does nothing to prepare teams!

Reactions: Coach Jumper

VN Store

Back