Postpone Oklahoma series?

Playing a tough out of conference schedule does no one any good and not playing a tough one hasn't kept anyone out of the playoff in a Power 5 conference. The "play anyone anywhere" crowd will be complaining when we play a tough OOC opponent then four tough SEC games back to back.

Never have complained about it.

Reactions: Behr and butchna
No, we have a full year and recruiting cycle before then, not counting the development, which I believe the difference will be noticeable this year. Even more so next year. I believe Pruitt will have us ready!

Playing a tough out of conference schedule does no one any good and not playing a tough one hasn't kept anyone out of the playoff in a Power 5 conference. The "play anyone anywhere" crowd will be complaining when we play a tough OOC opponent then four tough SEC games back to back.
WAAAH. Been a fan almost 50 years, I have never wanted to opt out of a game nor have I ever complained. And I think I speak for a ton of Tennessee fans. At a place like UT or it's likes you don't get out of games just because you fear losing. We're talking a 1 tough OOC game, most teams play one, it's not like all of them are everybody plays 1 cupcake, 1 maybe mid tier and one tough game. Most don't want to see 3 nobody's in out of conference play .Take that weak crap back home with you. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: butchna
Lol.
Always that guy, you are.

Shirley you aren't in favor of postponing this.

Pruitt will be in his 3rd year. Butch was in his 3rd year when he had them whipped. As others have said, if he can't compete with them in his third year, we need to move on. Not reschedule Northern East side Tulsa Tech.

Reactions: KBVol
I learned a long time ago about Adam's writings. I never click on any of his stuff,I'm happier just ignoring it.
Anyway,never should our Vols back out of a game with anyone. It's not a good look for the university.

Nope. In 2020 we should be able to compete with them.

Didn’t we cancel a home and home with UNC a few years ago? That was woosy.

Shirley you aren't in favor of postponing this.

Pruitt will be in his 3rd year. Butch was in his 3rd year when he had them whipped. As others have said, if he can't compete with them in his third year, we need to move on. Not reschedule Northern East side Tulsa Tech.

It’s on the schedule so it stays.
But there is no gain in college football by having the hardest schedule until they go to a true playoff or an 8 team playoff.
All they look at at the end of the year is how many loses you had.
If you want TN to ever win another NC, you schedule a decent schedule but you don’t try to schedule the hardest in the nation.
That would apply to any school trying to get into the 4 team playoff the way it is now.

Alabama’s non conference game next year is Duke cause their AD isn’t a moron.

It’s on the schedule so it stays.
But there is no gain in college football by having the hardest schedule until they go to a true playoff or an 8 team playoff.
All they look at at the end of the year is how many loses you had.
If you want TN to ever win another NC, you schedule a decent schedule but you don’t try to schedule the hardest in the nation.
That would apply to any school trying to get into the 4 team playoff the way it is now.

Alabama’s non conference game next year is Duke cause their AD isn’t a moron.

Ours is BYU. OMG!!

John Adam's is in a field where mediocrity is acceptable, therefore he doesn't understand fields where it isn't.

You are debating with guys who only see tradition and nothing else. They can’t rationalize why there are 6 bad big ten teams still in the top 15 towards the end of the season. They can’t rationalize why we destroyed 3 straight big ten teams by an average of 24 points a game in our last bowl games even though they were all ranked with or higher than us.

They can’t rationalize that GA schedule gives them a distinct advantage to make it out of the east over both us and fl due to locked in rivalry games.

All they see is tradition even though we don’t even have the same logo anymore and the guy with the musket is gone because times change.

Ours is BYU. OMG!!

Smart move on our part!

You aren’t scheduling a top 10 team and you should honestly beat them. Top 10 games are always a crap shoot with any team.

John Adams

Hopefully that link works...Adams thinks we should postpone the home and home with Oklahoma. I think that's BS, I'm more of a "play anyone anywhere anytime" kind of guy myself. What do you guys think, should TN try to delay and hope to be ready in a few more years. What would that say to recruits who want to play against the best?
Adams is an idiot. Don’t back down.

We already catch a lot of flak from college football fans, backing out of a game will only make it worse. We need to play them anyways to test the team. If we aren't competitive, then we know Pruitt is not the guy.
Plus we owe them two ass whoopins'.

You are debating with guys who only see tradition and nothing else. They can’t rationalize why there are 6 bad big ten teams still in the top 15 towards the end of the season. They can’t rationalize why we destroyed 3 straight big ten teams by an average of 24 points a game in our last bowl games even though they were all ranked with or higher than us.

They can’t rationalize that GA schedule gives them a distinct advantage to make it out of the east over both us and fl due to locked in rivalry games.

All they see is tradition even though we don’t even have the same logo anymore and the guy with the musket is gone because times change.
Actually saw the musket guy at the BB game Tuesday

Reactions: butchna and Behr
Ad was a moron.
He was fired you know?
Or did you forget that fun fact.

But you said Alabama's AD wasn't a moron because they scheduled Duke, but we were smart because we scheduled BYU, so.......oh never mind, I never know wtf you're talking about.

You're wrong and evidently can't read.

This is true...but it won't be long before the Bammers are saying the same thing about having to play UT every year...😎
I hope it becomes lopsided UT’s way soon, but I’m not sure if Bama as ever said that about any school.....ever.

VN Store

Back