Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. LSU

Hey, honestly? I wouldn't be mad about it. To be perfectly honest I thought the whole "scandal" was homophobic and overblown. She had a relationship with a FORMER player. They were both consenting adults and it had been 2 or 3 years since she had coached that player before their relationship started.

And Pokey can coach some basketball.
If it had been a man having a relationship with a player you would want the electric chair

If it had been a man having a relationship with a player you would want the electric chair

Actually if it had been a man having a relationship with a FORMER player I suspect nobody would have cared. Like I said, two consenting adults.

Hey, honestly? I wouldn't be mad about it. To be perfectly honest I thought the whole "scandal" was homophobic and overblown. She had a relationship with a FORMER player. They were both consenting adults and it had been 2 or 3 years since she had coached that player before their relationship started.

And Pokey can coach some basketball.

Serious question. Was it proven to be a past player? I always understand it was a current player on her roster. Pokey could coach, never doubted that.

Reactions: VolBall09
Serious question. Was it proven to be a past player? I always understand it was a current player on her roster. Pokey could coach, never doubted that.

It was a former player according to all of the reports. I believe this is why she has been able to secure other coaching jobs since leaving. I don't think any WNBA team would have hired her if it had been with a current player on her roster. I also don't know that it was ever officially confirmed that there was an inappropriate relationship. She resigned under the scrutiny of it all, but no official reprimand was ever handed down, former players have posted over the years either fully denying anything was out of place or speculating that it was simply taken out of context.

She is a lesbian, had Pat also been I'm sure people would have questioned her having former players staying with her for extended periods of time, helping them financially, emotionally and physically. Even if there was nothing sexual going on at all.

Officiating so far is garbage. Danberry literally jumped on Evina's back, feet off the floor and no foul. But they're getting every touch foul.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
On a positive note two of Pat Summit's great nieces helped their Cheatham County Central High School team to state finals with another win today.

VN Store

Back