Postpone Oklahoma series?

I went to the last one under worst circumstances. And, if Worley had thrown that TD to the right team (instead of a 100-yard pick six), it would have been a very respectable ballgame.

I agree with the poster above. If Pruitt doesnā€™t have them ready by year three, we/he are in trouble.

Play it.

I would hope the team is prepared by next year to play a team of that level in year 3 of Pruitt.
This is the answer imo. No reason really to get your arse beat up in year 1 or maybe even year 2 of a total rebuild. But year 3?.....yeah, we ought to be ready to go and compete. I think Adams is just theorizing here as a means of taking a not so veiled shot at Tennessee. If in year 3 ANYBODY beats us down, then quite honestly, Pruitt ainā€™t the guy anyway....but I donā€™t think thatā€™ll happen. Heā€™s put together an outstanding staff and I think that by 2020 weā€™ll be ready to compete with most anybody, including Oklahoma.

Reactions: ScannerVol and Behr
The Okies with Mayfield escaped us twice. We'll boatrace them when next we meet.

Like Georgia and Alabama boatraced them? Oh wait... Hopefully we can beat them but lets not act like OU snt an elite team that can beat any program in the country. The OU game is likely gonna be tough. I am intrigued by the OU series. I do believe if Pruitt and especially the S&C coach work out like we hope, then the OU game could be a good win.

I was watching the 68 orange bowl the other night vs Oklahoma. Didnā€™t realize that Tennessee and Oklahoma used to really take it to each otherā€™s @$$es in bowl games back in the day. We should definitely play them often

Off topic Dwright, but I can't remember the name of the wrestler in your AVI. From Big South Wrestling back in the 60's?

I am of the opinion that it wouldnā€™t matter to Pruitt if Tennessee had to play Alabama every week every season. Hes got enough confidence in himself and the team to perform well and give their all. Adams, to me, is anything but a fan. He throws out a lot hoping something sticks. I hated that we backed out of playing NC, OSU, and OU the first time. Letā€™s stop the cupcake schedules and start playing teams that make us better. You want to know where Tennessee is in reality put them out there with the best not the Alabama A&M of the world.

Just once with Mayfield....and we had him beat, until Butch did his thing, which is find a way to lose a winnable game.

Yea and I'm gonna say it again.... That hurt. Bad. But I went into that game expecting to lose, so I got over it.

I was ready to tar and feather that sumbish with the Florida loss.

I still can't tell you why it hurt more than any other loss in recent history, but it did and I can still get maddernmarthafocker thinking about it, still to this day. Smdh.

Reactions: KBVol
Other than another high school team who could they feel confident about beating? Might as well take your lumps and hope for divine intervention.

Iā€™ve seen a lot in my day but this takes it. I mean if you want to quit then do so but donā€™t try and drag everyone down too. Yes, Tennessee isnā€™t in good shape now but look at the haul Pruitt and staff just put together. They got help all over the field but most importantly got us solified at the T spots. Up front is where ball games are won. The biggest surprise is going to be at WR. Gibbs will light it up if illegible which I donā€™t see any reason why he shouldnā€™t be

Tennessee should definitely play Oklahoma and I would enjoy seeing a home and home series with either Southern California or Michigan in the future.

John Adams

Hopefully that link works...Adams thinks we should postpone the home and home with Oklahoma. I think that's BS, I'm more of a "play anyone anywhere anytime" kind of guy myself. What do you guys think, should TN try to delay and hope to be ready in a few more years. What would that say to recruits who want to play against the best?
You can't just postpone this at this point. John Adams is just trying to stir us up. It isn't hard to do clearly.

Other than another high school team who could they feel confident about beating? Might as well take your lumps and hope for divine intervention.

As your screen name implies, lol. Seriously, go ask anyone of those young men, who on the schedule do they feel like they can win against. Guarantee, most of them would say ā€œall of themā€, will they, donā€™t know (and donā€™t know) Let them, and fans, revel in hope. Why donā€™t you go and round up the best high school team you can find and line them up against our (??) team, and see, since you want lumps.

I'd be fine with that actually, add OK, WV, UCF and who else? As long as Texas gets left out in the cold.
That will never happen. Texas would either be independent or join The PAC-12. UCF adds 0 to tv footprint ad UF would never let them in. OU and the Pokes are a package deal and then some sort of ACC combo.

Whatā€™s another OOC loss in the grand scheme of things? The last decade has shown weā€™ll play anybody, and then explain away the defeats as good as any other team in the country!

Reactions: mpfvol
I would like to play more big time schools OOC that we traditionally never play. Wish we could play Texas or Michigan or teams that are historically great but we never play. I donā€™t have a problem playing OK but it kinda takes away the nostalgia a little since we just played them a few years back.

That will never happen. Texas would either be independent or join The PAC-12. UCF adds 0 to tv footprint ad UF would never let them in. OU and the Pokes are a package deal and then some sort of ACC combo.
It was a brain fart post anyway since we only need 2 teams added to get to 16....doh!! I'm still adjusting to Mizzou and A&M apparently lol.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
John Adams

Hopefully that link works...Adams thinks we should postpone the home and home with Oklahoma. I think that's BS, I'm more of a "play anyone anywhere anytime" kind of guy myself. What do you guys think, should TN try to delay and hope to be ready in a few more years. What would that say to recruits who want to play against the best?

John Adams

It wouldn't bother me if Tennessee played an easier opponent who was a sure win in 2020 in Knoxville instead of Oklahoma in Norman

It was a brain fart post anyway since we only need 2 teams added to get to 16....doh!! I'm still adjusting to Mizzou and A&M apparently lol.
Youā€™re good. Itā€™s still weird to me too.
I just meant UCF or Texas. Texas thinks theyā€™re too cool and above everyone and UCF wouldn t expand the TV footprint. NC State fans would crawl to Birmingham to get out from being the red headed step child of Duke and Carolina.

VN Store

Back