Another Alabama staffer headed to Tennessee as analyst

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Another Alabama staffer is headed to Tennessee.

Crimson Tide analyst Garrett Cox is joining Jeremy Pruitt’s staff as an analyst, sources told AL.com.

Cox, a former linebackers coach at Texas Southern, had worked at Alabama since 2015. He is the second member of last year’s Tide staff to land at Tennessee, joining former Alabama director of player development Kerry Stevenson.

Another Alabama staffer headed to Tennessee

Bama article from July 2017

Garret Cox is a graduate from Georgia with a degree in education, but with a passion for football. Though he didn’t play his years at Georgia, he did work there as a student assistant for the defensive staff 2006 before moving to Georgia Southern University as video coordinator in 2007.

He actively started coaching as assistant linebacker coach in Georgia at the high school level for one year in 2008 before moving on to administrative assistant for the linebacker coaches at Auburn University for a year and then moving to Fort Scott Community College where he was a linebacker coach. Next he joined the Texas Southern football program as a grad assistant coach in 2010 before becoming the permanent linebacker coach. From there, he’s been at Alabama.

With a big smile and red hair, he looks like he could be Greg McElroy’s older brother and he would love to be on the field as a coach. Should Alabama lose a linebacker coach prior to playoff time, look for Cox to slide into that role at least in the interim. He has an energy that the players and recruits would like. While he doesn’t have the experience that Saban would like for a full time on field position, another school is probably looking him over right now and ready to make a move to take him.

Are All The Analysts Saban is Hiring Really Coaches in Waiting?

Reactions: feathersax
We'll know it's bad if Butch bails on him and comes crawling back to "analyze" for us at a significant pay cut, say $15K per year and all the free Brylcreem he wants.

These assistants poaching from Bama is very much on purpose. Pruitt knows why Bama is Bama.... it takes time to eat an elephant. 😉

I don't know how true it is, but its funny.

ee5e211bac6e36ab669eb0d8c5eab3f2.jpg

Reactions: RollerVol and Souce
I like the plan of hiring the best people you can from the programs that are most successful. Pruitt has poached from Bama and Georgia programs. I also like the GA he got from Hawaii as well; open up a Polynesian pipeline hopefully from the west coast while USC is down.

I didn't know who this guy was two days ago, and I didn't like him. Still don't know who he is, but I love that son of a gun.

I don't apologize for being this way.

Reactions: semovol and alaVOL
Pruitt knows him and wanted him. That's a good sign he'll be an asset to our program. CJP is getting the foundation for good football again here at the Orange capital of the USA.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol

VN Store

Back