Tennessee 24-7

A whale of a game. Best they have looked at home imo. Bone did what he needed to do. The effort in that game was published all over the nation by the announcers. Bone again upped his draft status. I absolutely loved his moves. I think we hit the proverbial wall for awhile but now hope we begin to peak at the right time.
The guys deserve all the praise they get for this game. All of us Vol fans should have a pretty good feeling going forward. Bowden SHUT THEM DOWN. WOW what a performance. Great win and I will gladly eat crow any day after that win. These guys can win the SEC tourney
I just love when people say they gladly eat crow. Who in their right mind is ever glad to be wrong? Not just wrong but embarrassingly wrong. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong about this!! Lol

Reactions: BreatheUT
You are aware that quote was for the last game we played Kentucky so don't make it sound like todays game. Great effort is all I can say. In all fairness you can look back and see the part that was left out of the conversation was the part where I said "if they continue to play the way they were playing". Tennesee's best game considering the competition since the games against Kansas, the Zags and Louisville.

Move along troll. If you're a fan, you're a bad one.

If tennessee plays bad they will lose, if tennessee plays good they will win. Groundbreaking philosophy for a thread.

You said we'd be 24-7. You're as dumb now as you were then.

Last edited:
By March 9th....they have looked bad @ home for the most part and looked worse the last 2 or three games at home.
Teams have been gunning for the Vols but the teams Tennessee is getting ready to play have much much better Athletes and records.
Tennessee will not be able to turn it on and off against the teams beginning next Saturday.
Tennessee's weaknesses are not just on the boards.
Tennessee is out of position many times on the D when they pressure the opposing teams PG's to keep them beyond the Arc and Tennessee may have to resort to a 2-3 zone.
You come out cold against KY, LSU, Miss St., Ole Miss, Auburn the game may be over by half time.
Tennessee being #1 in the nation gives the above mentioned teams, who are very good teams already, even more energy and especially at home.
The teams we are about to start playing have the ability to run the score up on the Vols and go over them.
Tennessee better get more than rebounding fixed.
Teams we should have upped our game against and never looked back becomes close games so we think we can just turn on the burners and win.
Tennessee is going to need to have Bowden, Turner, Bone and the Admiral on fire in order not to be 24-7 by Tourney time
With our play lately it amazes me we only have 1 loss and its great for the school and fans buttttttttttttttttttttt..............................
Get ready for our 2nd loss and more following that and then we will see where we really belong by seasons end. Wake up time !

You need to turn in your Nostradamus card.

You need to turn in your Nostradamus card.
I'm always going to tell you what I think about the Vols games. I'll also take the time here to tell you I would agree with another poster who posted and asked 3 weeks or so ago had Tennessee peaked too early. I won't say they peaked too early but I will say they hit the proverbial wall. To me Tennessee was playing poorly and sloppy and I believed if they continued to play that way against the strength of their schedule the would be 24-7 by March 9. That is what I believed. Maybe they bottomed out @ Ky when they got throttled and are on their way back up to where they will peak at the right time. They played Saturday the way they began the season.
I still don't see Bowden getting the credit he deserves for the DEFENSE he played against HERO saturday. What was amazing was the way Turner was taking it to the basket during the game. It was the agressiveness of the team as a whole Saturday. Bone wasn't waiting around he was constantly using his speed to blow by the D and on the the basket all day. For me it was probably the most satisfying win of the season so far. Having said that I think it is time to move on now wouldn't you agree

I'm always going to tell you what I think about the Vols games. I'll also take the time here to tell you I would agree with another poster who posted and asked 3 weeks or so ago had Tennessee peaked too early. I won't say they peaked too early but I will say they hit the proverbial wall. To me Tennessee was playing poorly and sloppy and I believed if they continued to play that way against the strength of their schedule the would be 24-7 by March 9. That is what I believed. Maybe they bottomed out @ Ky when they got throttled and are on their way back up to where they will peak at the right time. They played Saturday the way they began the season.
I still don't see Bowden getting the credit he deserves for the DEFENSE he played against HERO saturday. What was amazing was the way Turner was taking it to the basket during the game. It was the agressiveness of the team as a whole Saturday. Bone wasn't waiting around he was constantly using his speed to blow by the D and on the the basket all day. For me it was probably the most satisfying win of the season so far. Having said that I think it is time to move on now wouldn't you agree
Such a pathetic response trying to claim what you claim by saying IF they continue to play sloppy. Problem with that is that you added a bunch of other crap to that post that was a crock of crap, you've come off looking like a troll and you are still defending arguably the worst take on the Vol basketball team the last several years.

Something about this just screams D4H... 🤔

You know how I know you’re a troll? Bone mainly guarded Herro and has in both games. You claim to know so much yet don’t know anything.

Move along troll. If you're a fan, you're a bad one.

If tennessee plays bad they will lose, if tennessee plays good they will win. Groundbreaking philosophy for a thread.

You said we'd be 24-7. You're as dumb now as you were then.

24 and 7 and weren't we also told we lose the last 3 games. Sorry ass trolls!

Reactions: SalVolinus

VN Store

Back