Jalen Hurd Struggling

Hi, Bear @BUBear. Just visited your campus. Can’t seem to get on your new fan site or I would have posted there. Beautiful campus, really nice people, just too cold to walk, especially with a bum knee. Good luck in future (unless you play us😃). Loved the Immortal Ten. Very moving.

Reactions: BUBear
He's a tremendous athlete and will do well in the NFL. Also looks quicker than he did at UT. I think the transition to WR was a great call. I know we got some haters here but I wish him well. He had to deal with a ****** coach on top of a dysfunctional locker room. The only surprise about him "quitting" is that it didn't happen sooner; Butch ran that kid into the ground.

Must admit, I feel sorry for him in every way UNTIL he quit on his teammates. To me that is just inexcusable. Better ways to deal with 4 more games and a lousy coach. Think he would probably admit that now. So, bottom line, he quit on his teammates, forget the coach, he quit on his teammates.

Must admit, I feel sorry for him in every way UNTIL he quit on his teammates. To me that is just inexcusable. Better ways to deal with 4 more games and a lousy coach. Think he would probably admit that now. So, bottom line, he quit on his teammates, forget the coach, he quit on his teammates.

I absolutely do not begrudge Hurd one bit for wanting to get away from lyle. And he obviously made the right choice for himself by leaving.

Reactions: b-ball fan
We got fans (that's plural) who quit on their Vols and leave the stadium in mid-game. Remember when we fell behind the Gators? A bunch of folks left in disgust, only to find we rallied to win in the second half of the game. So if you're going to hate on Hurd, hate on the fans who quit as well. Maybe include Tennesseans who left the state to live and work elsewhere too. Be careful as that would include ole Davey Crockett. I'm not proud of what Hurd did and hate it as much as any without hating him. My take was that something must have happened big time for him to make that decision. Not being on the team or working for UT Vols, I didn't know what it was. But I knew whatever it was, the man had reached a breaking point. I know from experience and observation, people can break. Some handle it in extremely unfortunate ways, very unfortrunate ways.

I sit by some of the same people at every game I attend. I dont promise them anything, they make no comment to me either. Hell, I dont know many of them. Comparing teammates and fans might be one of, if not the dumbest comparisons Ive seen here yet. BTW, I left the Florida game last year in the 3rd qtr. Damn if I was going to get home at 2am because I stayed and watched Florida mop the field up with their backup players.

I never saw any sign of Hurd's huge issue with Jones until the ass-chewin he got in athens. After that, it was a matter of time.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I sit by some of the same people at every game I attend. I dont promise them anything, they make no comment to me either. Hell, I dont know many of them. Comparing teammates and fans might be one of, if not the dumbest comparisons Ive seen here yet. BTW, I left the Florida game last year in the 3rd qtr. Damn if I was going to get home at 2am because I stayed and watched Florida mop the field up with their backup players.

I never saw any sign of Hurd's huge issue with Jones until the ass-chewin he got in athens. After that, it was a matter of time.

Well, it's all over and done with now. Here, have a White Owl Invincible Natural Corona and a bottle of Fat Tire beer. Then talk about the vicelious virtues southeastern Tennessee gals vs. dainty south California "thangs." rehashes of Butch-Hurd stuff just can't compare.

Hi, Bear @BUBear. Just visited your campus. Can’t seem to get on your new fan site or I would have posted there. Beautiful campus, really nice people, just too cold to walk, especially with a bum knee. Good luck in future (unless you play us😃). Loved the Immortal Ten. Very moving.
Sorry about the weather (it's been unusually cold and wet this month) but I'm glad you enjoyed your time on campus. If you ever have the chance you should drive from campus along University-Parks Dr along the Brazos thru Cameron Park and follow the bluffs along the Bosque River to McLennan County College. The Highlanders have a rather scenic campus too.

TCU's former campus (on Herring Ave) was on the southern edge of Cameron Park and was nice too. Their campus "mysteriously" burned to the ground in the early 1900's which prompted the move to Ft Worth and now is the location of the Methodist Home for Children.

I think most Vol fans would enjoy the end of the 3rd qtr of home football games as the Baylor Golden Wave Band plays the Tennessee Waltz...a tribute to the history between the two states.

The new basketball arena should be open for the 2021-22 season.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting, it is weird seeing how much weight Hurd had shed. I hope you can understand the negative reactions we have. I wish everything had been different, and Hurd could have played for a real coach here, and stayed a VFL, enjoying all the benefits of being such. Instead he will always be seen as a selfish traitor by a lot of us, I myself am very ambiguous about him. I hope he does well, but still...

Thanks for posting, it is weird seeing how much weight Hurd had shed. I hope you can understand the negative reactions we have. I wish everything had been different, and Hurd could have played for a real coach here, and stayed a VFL, enjoying all the benefits of being such. Instead he will always be seen as a selfish traitor by a lot of us, I myself am very ambiguous about him. I hope he does well, but still...

I'm glad he did well at Baylor. Same thing for other guys who went elsewhere to escape the mess at the UT. Maybe with Pruitt here, we will keep playmakers on the team.

Wow. I knew, with complete certainty, that Hurd wasn’t a 4.4 or 4.5 guy....all one had to do was watch linebackers run him down from his freshman season on to see that. But 4.66? Yikes.

All that said, I still think he’s gonna be a good slot receiver in the nfl. He has excellent hands, hes big and strong, he’s a smart guy and a hard worker and he plays hard as hell. Definitely wouldn’t make it as a running back, but as a slot I think he will.

He's a tremendous athlete and will do well in the NFL. Also looks quicker than he did at UT. I think the transition to WR was a great call. I know we got some haters here but I wish him well. He had to deal with a ****** coach on top of a dysfunctional locker room. The only surprise about him "quitting" is that it didn't happen sooner; Butch ran that kid into the ground.
Well said.

There is an interview of him after he ran and he stated that he was disipointed in the time. He said it was normally in the 4.4 range.

Wow. I knew, with complete certainty, that Hurd wasn’t a 4.4 or 4.5 guy....all one had to do was watch linebackers run him down from his freshman season on to see that. But 4.66? Yikes.

All that said, I still think he’s gonna be a good slot receiver in the nfl. He has excellent hands, hes big and strong, he’s a smart guy and a hard worker and he plays hard as hell. Definitely wouldn’t make it as a running back, but as a slot I think he will.

Tight end speed. Ha somehow ended up as a tweener. Best chance is to probably bulk up.

He lost weight at BU to pick up speed and runs a 4.66 40. Sort of like the characters of Charlie Brown at Halloween. One says I got candy, another says bubblegum, another says candied apple, and Charlie/Jalen says, "I got a rock."

Reactions: KBVol and bag12day

VN Store

Back