Thank You Mr. Adams

I'm not a fan of Adams...never have been.....but it's articles like this in high profile newspapers that get noticed....not random tweets by bloggers. This article will be noticed. Phil will know about this. Holly will as well. Adams is a doofus a lot of the time...but this piece is spot on.
Good comment. The only thing I disagree with is you said Adams is a “doofus some of the time”. I would argue he’s a doofus ALL of the time.

Holly probably needs to be replaced, but the poor play by the players, like dribbling the ball off your own foot out of bounds, etc., is not the the coach's fault.

The players are as much to blame as Holly.

The problem is w the coach when she can not convince her players to give maximum effort, precise execution of plays and be consistent in their production!!! If they take a play off here and there in a game or yawn in the huddle so what?? They know there are zero repercussions !! That’s how slack sloppy careless habits happen

Reactions: T.J. and BreatheUT
The problem is w the coach when she can not convince her players to give maximum effort, precise execution of plays and be consistent in their production!!! If they take a play off here and there in a game or yawn in the huddle so what?? They know there are zero repercussions !! That’s how slack sloppy careless habits happen

If the PLAYERS are unwilling to consistently give Maximum Effort for one coach, they very well may NOT consistently give Maximum Effort for a different coach.

Hate to say it but turn this team over to Geno and they would be in the top 5 easily.

I'm not sure top 5 but definitely top 10. Looking at this team, honestly the only players to be who have the talent to have been the LVs of old are Westbrook, Davis, and Zay Green. The others may have been okay complementary players but that's all.

If the PLAYERS are unwilling to consistently give Maximum Effort for one coach, they very well may NOT consistently give Maximum Effort for a different coach.
Don’t you think it’s interesting how every class hw recruits suddenly won’t give decent effort?? Weird isn’t it ??
While their contemporaries at other schools seem to be able to give plenty . Hmmmmmm.

Don’t you think it’s interesting how every class hw recruits suddenly won’t give decent effort?? Weird isn’t it ??
While their contemporaries at other schools seem to be able to give plenty . Hmmmmmm.

It may be lack of TALENT and lack of Effort. The majority of high school all-Americans, no matter the sport, end up being average college players.

Ultimately, the head coach is responsible for everything that happens in their program.

Last edited:
It may be lack of TALENT and lack of Effort. A majority high school all-Americans, no matter the sport, end up being average college players.

Ultimately, the head coach is responsible for everything that happens in their program.

My point is a more exacting and demanding coach who penalizes players for laziness and carelessness would get better performance than one who is not expecting excellence .
ie, holly v pat

"Twice on her postgame radio show, she said she had no explanation for what went wrong." CHW's own words are enough. Nothing any reporter, blogger or poster can say trumps her own oblivion. Maybe she should be screened for early onset dementia. What a tragedy to have lost Pat, and what a sad state of affairs to know that all the streaks she started have now been ended. #resignHolly

she isnt gonna be fired. too many good ole boy in knoxville and shes a woman. she isnt gonna leave either, shes soaking up all the money ppl keep throwing at UT.

That's not how that works over an 8 year period. I'm assuming you don't watch much sports outside of women's basketball.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back