Thank You Mr. Adams

Glad someone is making news about it. I feel like the major media outlets are afraid to say anything because they don't want to hurt Holly's feelings. We all know if it were the same situation on the men's side, say at Duke after coach K, they would be on Sports Center saying the new coach was long passed due for being replaced after falling so far, so quickly.

I'm not a fan of Adams...never have been.....but it's articles like this in high profile newspapers that get noticed....not random tweets by bloggers. This article will be noticed. Phil will know about this. Holly will as well. Adams is a doofus a lot of the time...but this piece is spot on.

I’m not so sure about that “great talent.” UT might have a half-dozen or so high school All-Americans. It might have roster full of good athletes. But I question the players' basketball skills.

The above is from the Adams article. I agree with his assessment.

On the audio he talks about Davis trying to go one on 5 traveling twice in a row. But again it all falls on Holly she allow it to happen.
Not only that the 3 previous trips she turned her back and went to the corner on left. Do not know if it is her problem or coach problem but was a bad look for her doing this move.

Reactions: T.J. and BreatheUT
Holly probably needs to be replaced, but the poor play by the players, like dribbling the ball off your own foot out of bounds, etc., is not the the coach's fault.

The players are as much to blame as Holly.
Yes, unbelievable how much bad luck Holly has had with the 20+ players she's recruited. Not only can't she coach for sh!t, but she sucks at recruiting as well. Is there anything she's not completely inept at?

Holly probably needs to be replaced, but the poor play by the players, like dribbling the ball off your own foot out of bounds, etc., is not the the coach's fault.

The players are as much to blame as Holly.
Probably? Here's your sign. It's not the players fault! 100% on Holley and her lack of talent development. The players have no confidence. 100% on Holley. Stop apologizing for someone that can't coach or develop players. Pat would be so disappointed and would have terminated Holley long ago.

Probably? Here's your sign. It's not the players fault! 100% on Holley and her lack of talent development. The players have no confidence. 100% on Holley. Stop apologizing for someone that can't coach or develop players. Pat would be so disappointed and would have terminated Holley long ago.

The PLAYERS are as much to blame as Holly, and the player's names on this season's team, along with their individual stats, are etched in Lady Vol history alongside Holly Warlick.

I think the players are fed up trying to run an out-dated offense that is so easy to defend they can't be successful. Push them and out come the turnovers. Turnovers feed the other teams offense and there goes the defense as well. If it was not for offensive rebounding they would have about 10 wins.

The PLAYERS are as much to blame as Holly, and the player's names on this season's team, along with their individual stats, are etched in Lady Vol history alongside Holly Warlick.
As hard as you try to defend Holly, it won't be the players names that will be remembered during the dark ages of LV basketball; it will be that abject 100% failure of a coach who single handedly destroyed an elite program. Everything was in place for her to maintain Tennessee as a top program. It was idiot proof, but clearly Holly is at a whole different level

As hard as you try to defend Holly, it won't be the players names that will be remembered during the dark ages of LV basketball; it will be that abject 100% failure of a coach who single handedly destroyed an elite program. Everything was in place for her to maintain Tennessee as a top program. It was idiot proof, but clearly Holly is at a whole different level

A very talented team of players according to the internet warriors, filled with McDonald's all-Americans, who could not overcome "bad coaching" and defeat a horrible basketball team that was 1-13 in SEC games.

A very talented team of players according to the internet warriors, filled with McDonald's all-Americans, who could not overcome "bad coaching" and defeat a horrible basketball team that was 1-13 in SEC games.
Exactly. Glad you get it. Holly seems to believe that she can recruit good high school players and they will magically turn into good college players without her having to do anything...as evidenced by the parade of top recruits whose basketball futures were destroyed because they played for a completely incompetent coach.

No one remembers the players on lousy teams, but they sure remember the name of the coach that made a mockery of the program. You can try to shift the blame to the players all you want, but the record will be next to Holly's name, not Meme Jackson's.

I regularly wonder why Warlick says the players aren't giving effort. I tend to disagree. The players look as though they are trying but don't know what to do. Games require intensity and focus but they also require strategy.

How much fricking STRATEGY do you need to beat one of the worst women's basketball teams in the history of the conference?

VN Store

Back