Is this the worst Lady Vol loss ever?

Senior night, ncaa tournament on the line, at home against a terrible 6-21 Vandy team whom you have never lost to in Knoxville...I'm having a hard time thinking of one that beats it. Oh how the might have fallen!

Xavier loss was pretty bad. Duke loss was pretty bad (and a bit crappy with respect to the officiating). The Ball State loss was a real shocker. But this definitely takes the cake for worst loss. So far.

Maybe playing in the NIT is just the kick in the butt this team needs, who knows, we could win it. That would be a positive heading into next season.

I mean I get making the best of a bad situation, but I never thought I'd see the day a LV basketball team has to settle for a WNIT bid.

I would say the Ball State loss is the worst - not only embarrassing, but out of the NCAA's in the first round. This one is probably the worst regular season loss tho. Vandy for goodness sake. 6-21, well now 7-21.

FWIW I think we need to win the next game against Mississippi, and then probably 2 games in the SEC. Not sure if winning 1 game will get us in. That's a tall order for this team, but possible. I've not given up hop yet... BUT... I'm almost there.

By the way is anyone worried kids will transfer after this season? I mean the coaching is just dreadful. Will kids come to the conclusion that "this isn't what I signed up for" and bolt? I sure hope not cuz if we are this bad with all the talent, imagine how it would be if we had less talent. Just YIKES.

Reactions: volnationnj
I would say the Ball State loss is the worst - not only embarrassing, but out of the NCAA's in the first round. This one is probably the worst regular season loss tho. Vandy for goodness sake. 6-21, well now 7-21.

FWIW I think we need to win the next game against Mississippi, and then probably 2 games in the SEC. Not sure if winning 1 game will get us in. That's a tall order for this team, but possible. I've not given up hop yet... BUT... I'm almost there.

By the way is anyone worried kids will transfer after this season? I mean the coaching is just dreadful. Will kids come to the conclusion that "this isn't what I signed up for" and bolt? I sure hope not cuz if we are this bad with all the talent, imagine how it would be if we had less talent. Just YIKES.
Whoever the next head coach is will have to rebuild the program in my opinion

VN Store

Back