Bama support staffer headed to Tennessee

10acvolsfan

Report: Key Alabama support staffer leaving for Tennessee
ADAM SPENCER | 2 HOURS AGO

Just when you thought the staff turnover at Alabama was over, it turns out it wasn’t.
On Tuesday evening, it was reported that a key staff member was leaving Tuscaloosa to follow another former Tide assistant.
Per AL.com’s Matt Zenitz, director of player development Kerry Stevenson will head to Knoxville and join Jeremy Pruitt’s support staff:

Stevenson had been with the Crimson Tide since 2013, but now he’ll join Pruitt, who is entering his second season at the helm of the Tennessee program.
With spring practices starting soon, Alabama coach Nick Saban now has another position on his staff to fill.

I have a theory. The SEC just ain't the SEC without the Vols - Tide rivalry that really is a rivalry. I think Bama wants us back and the SEC too on a level the rivalry means something. The revenue and prestige would be beyond huge if it returned in earnest. I also think TV broadcasters want us back too. This game used to be a major event. Plus few fans travel as well as Vols fans and we practically overflow the coffers when we come calling at bowl games. Was a time the orange & red was the most entertaining college game of all, no matter who was number one in the polls back then. With vast revenue now available via streaming, subscription TV, and more, Bam-Bam, unique neutral site promoters, and broadcasters know a strong Tennessee is just too good a draw to pass up. For all the disdain we seem to experience, nearly everybody wants us back. So no surprise Bama is covertly(?) trying to make it happen. Hopefully, we won't mess it up by hiring some future nitwit AD.

I have a theory. The SEC just ain't the SEC without the Vols - Tide rivalry that really is a rivalry. I think Bama wants us back and the SEC too on a level the rivalry means something. The revenue and prestige would be beyond huge if it returned in earnest. I also think TV broadcasters want us back too. This game used to be a major event. Plus few fans travel as well as Vols fans and we practically overflow the coffers when we come calling at bowl games. Was a time the orange & red was the most entertaining college game of all, no matter who was number one in the polls back then. With vast revenue now available via streaming, subscription TV, and more, Bam-Bam, unique neutral site promoters, and broadcasters know a strong Tennessee is just too good a draw to pass up. For all the disdain we seem to experience, nearly everybody wants us back. So no surprise Bama is covertly(?) trying to make it happen. Hopefully, we won't mess it up by hiring some future nitwit AD.

Thank you Alabama for convincing your staff and their families to move to TN and start a new life for the sake of the rivalry!

Thank you Alabama for convincing your staff and their families to move to TN and start a new life for the sake of the rivalry!

I said I had a theory. I did not say my theory was fact. I did know someone or more posters would take it in a snide way and post something like you did. All the same, those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.

Report: Key Alabama support staffer leaving for Tennessee
ADAM SPENCER | 2 HOURS AGO

Just when you thought the staff turnover at Alabama was over, it turns out it wasn’t.
On Tuesday evening, it was reported that a key staff member was leaving Tuscaloosa to follow another former Tide assistant.
Per AL.com’s Matt Zenitz, director of player development Kerry Stevenson will head to Knoxville and join Jeremy Pruitt’s support staff:

Stevenson had been with the Crimson Tide since 2013, but now he’ll join Pruitt, who is entering his second season at the helm of the Tennessee program.
With spring practices starting soon, Alabama coach Nick Saban now has another position on his staff to fill.

Now, just why in blue-blazing hell would I care about a Bammer (spit, curse, give the finger in southwesterly direction) joining staff?? Can't we find some some homegrown boys to fill them positions?

Just no.

Reactions: mtowntim and sona
The headline scared the fecal matter out of me. I was afraid UT was trying to recover some value from the buyout of a previous coach. WHEW! I think there is more value in leaving "it" where "it" is now. I further think UT should sue the fecal matter out of "it" for turning down Maryland since "it" is required to mitigate the payments.

I think some Bama fans would like for Tennessee to be competitive again but I doubt anyone associated with the AD at Bama gives a damn whether UT is worth a damn or not.

I think this is just a good sign that we have a coach that is highly thought of among those in the profession. This guy has been with Saban for five years, it says a lot that he would make a move over to Pruitt IMO.

"For all the disdain we seem to experience, nearly everybody wants us back. So no surprise Bama is covertly(?) trying to make it happen. Hopefully, we won't mess it up by hiring some future nitwit AD."

no they don't. The only people who care about Tennessee are the ones in that room, and the ones wearing orange. The rest don't care

I think some Bama fans would like for Tennessee to be competitive again but I doubt anyone associated with the AD at Bama gives a damn whether UT is worth a damn or not.
Alabama fans want everyone to go 0-12 except them, and that they would win the NC championship every year! They don't care about Clemson, Dabo, LSU, Georgia and kirby, Florida, and they especially don't care about Tennessee! They may tell you they want that but they don't! They love Tennessee being down the same way we loved it when they were down! All this SEC, SEC, SEC, is just bull. I don't give a dang about anyone else because I was born in Tennessee!

Alabama fans want everyone to go 0-12 except them, and that they would win the NC championship every year! They don't care about Clemson, Dabo, LSU, Georgia and kirby, Florida, and they especially don't care about Tennessee! They may tell you they want that but they don't! They love Tennessee being down the same way we loved it when they were down! All this SEC, SEC, SEC, is just bull. I don't give a dang about anyone else because I was born in Tennessee!
I can promise you some of the older Alabama fans want Tennessee to be a good team and for them to win.

VN Store

Back